how would i send HTML email ?
    hi everyone

how would i send an email to someone as HTML format ?
    so that when i send it, i send the code but when they receive the email they see it as a regular HTML web site.
    i read somewhere that you have to save the code as a text file on the desk top and then not sure where to go from there.
    if anyone can help i would greatly appreciate it.

Hey,

I think this is a good question. The same thing has confounded me, as well.

What email program are you using? Is it set to compose email in HTML or text?

Is there are menu or wizard in your program to make a template?
    If so, What is the routine to compose an email in the template?

This is just to compose them one at a time, right? Otherwise, I would think there would be options in any -webbased email composer that you would clearly see to paste the HTML into and be able to test.
    Danny K. - Network Administrator, Digital River- oneNetworkDirect.com, Email: dkautt@digitalriver.com

A lot of consumer email clients (Outlook, Mac Mail, etc...) don't let you send HTML emails. You'll have to look for more professional email clients or do it via coding (ie. sendmail or something). A google search should help you find HTML email programs.
    Jason Rosenbaum
    Affiliate Manager
    MINDsprinting

Quote Originally Posted by Danny K
    Hey,

I think this is a good question. The same thing has confounded me, as well.

What email program are you using? Is it set to compose email in HTML or text?
    oulook or anyweb bases email program such as yahoo but mostly outlook
    Is there are menu or wizard in your program to make a template?
    to be honest i don't think so but am not sure

If so, What is the routine to compose an email in the template?

This is just to compose them one at a time, right? Otherwise, I would think there would be options in any -webbased email composer that you would clearly see to paste the HTML into and be able to test.
    I think there is a way or read once that I can attache the HTML code as an attachment but first have to save the HTML code in a text file and attach the text file.
    would anyone know or heard of this as well ?

someone is about to say something like RTFM. So, I did a search for "send html" at the help menu index of outlook and noted -

"You can use Office E-mail to send a file as an HTML message. (Office 2000 only.) The file appears as the body of the message, not as an attachment. Because the message is sent as HTML, all recipients can read it, whether or not the appropriate Office program is set up on their computer, as long as their e-mail program can read HTML".

You can use Microsoft Word as your e-mail editor. You can specify Word as your default e-mail editor, and then use it to create all your messages. When you use Word as your e-mail editor, a message is always saved as an Outlook item, not as a Word file.

and

"About stationery
    You can use stationery to set the fonts, background color, and images that you want to include in outgoing e-mail messages. Stationery is only available if you use HTML as your message format".

Does anyone actually do this? Seems clunky but what do I know. I've used ACT and HTML Templates to MailMerge. But again, that is for one or a small group with personalization merged in.

Hope it helps
    Danny K. - Network Administrator, Digital River- oneNetworkDirect.com, Email: dkautt@digitalriver.com

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread