New product currently in pre-launch
    Hello,

I have a new "virtual" product I have created which consists of:

PDF
    Audio
    Video
    and a few bonuses.

I don't want to sound STUPID, but here goes. If no one is familiar with my product or with me ... why would they want to promote it?

When something is brand new there's no conversation ratio or gravity. What would attract an affiliate to give it a try? Good commission % for example?

(BTW, it isn't a survey site.)

ginginca wrote: > "I have a new "virtual" product * * * * If no one is familiar with my product or with me ... why would they want to promote it? When something is brand new there's no conversation ratio or gravity. What would attract an affiliate to give it a try? Good commission % for example?" <

The most important thing would be to explain the "value proposition" for the affiliate, and why the product will be appealing to consumers.

Since it is an "online-delivery" (non-tangible) product, affiliates will probably expect a premium rate, certainly 20% and perhaps 50% or more. But that won't matter at all if your product can't be sold.

I haven't even considered upgrading to Windows Vista, because nobody can identify a single benefit or advantage. Somewhere here was a thread quoting a Newsweek interview in which Bill Gates was completely unable to make an "elevator pitch" to persuade anyone to buy Windows Vista, and even his really long explanation fell flat.

So why would someone want your product? How can you communicate that message? Can an affiliate deliver that message effectively? Is it plausible that consumers might be expected to respond favorably by clicking and buying?

Thanks for your reply.

I was considering at least 50%, perhaps even higher.

Do you have any suggestions for things that potential AFF's would consider?

This product is new (there isn't one out there like this), and the market is anyone in business whether they are online or not. I know that's a bit vague, but I'm trying NOT to advertise it.

Many affiliates take the entire Clickbank database and turn it into a Storefront (I do).

So don't worry too much about affiliates "picking" your product. Just write a compelling description that will encourage visitors to buy your product!

Some people will sign up/ sell your product just because it is new. They think there will probably be a lot less competition. Many high gravity, high conversion programs are hard to sell simply because there are so many other people out there selling them more effectively. Good Luck with your product.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread