ABW Ambassador
    Google - Discover Your Links
    http://googlewebmastercentral.blogsp...our-links.html

"You asked, and we listened: We've extended our support for querying links to your site to much beyond the link: operator you might have used in the past. Now you can use webmaster tools to view a much larger sample of links to pages on your site that we found on the web. Unlike the link: operator, this data is much more comprehensive and can be classified, filtered, and downloaded. All you need to do is verify site ownership to see this information."

Seems like good information but not something for me since I think it's just more Google mining. Along with the free Google Checkout for merchants for 2007, free analytics, put the SE's site map code on your pages etc.

This is the best thing Google has done so far. What I can see people using this for is reporting the lousy site scraper sites that link to you. I can't belive no one has talked about this until now. I have seen sites that link to me that are copy's of my sites. Lets see since ALL my sites are verified G has to take my word for it that it is my content and the rest is duplicate. This is going to clean up the internet by self policing
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

THis is a great tool. One question, have any of you guys noticed that all internal links are maxed out at 199? For instance, I know I have a lot more links going to my main page, than my other category pages, but they are all no higher than 199. It's like a limit is placed there - any ideas? Did they state something about this that I might've missed?

EDIT:

well, nevermind. I suppose the following statement (from their helpfile) explains it: "The internal links table provides a sampling of the pages on your site that have links to them from pages within your site."

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Thanks for the link, Trust, this is very cool.

My only criticism so far is that I'd like to be able to look at my links-in EXCLUDING copies of the DMOZ directory. It'd help me see who's really linking to me.

Cool
    now I wonder if this is going to be part of a change in the PR mechanism.

Talking
    found a funny: another site linked to one of mine accidentally. They put up a directory that was supposed to show certain business sites and include their URL. When they didn't have one for the business they used a generic. Guess what I registered last year?

I recently found two links back from a PR5 page on another site. It was a direct copy of one of my PR2 pages.
    ~Ernie

so Ernie what are you going to do about it. If it was me I would change my pr2 page if possible, unless its ranking well in the serps. Thats a tough one
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

I did a side by side between the Webmaster Tools Links and Yahoo Site Explorer. There is still a big difference. Yahoo still shows way more, and links found by either tool may not show up in the other.

Google appears to be filtering some out. I have been playing with the link exchange set up at Receive Links. Of the 50 links generated by this system Google is showing only 2 and Yahoo is showing about 45. I haven't been trying it on my good sites but I think that after this I'll dump the experiment.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread