Angry How about your January Report?
    Just now I received my report of January and I think Amazon is a lier!

My commission have a dramatically drop! Also notice that some big affiliate sites don't post their deals anymore, I will not post them also, They are famous now and don't need us affiliate any longer.

And you? How about your report? Does anybody has the same feeling?

It appears that amazon's affiliate program has collapsed. Their forums are filled to the brim with people complaining about the program not working at all any more. I myself along with several of my associates have experienced the zero affect web wide. Basically the last round of browser updates have killed affiliate cookie tracking (third party etc.) . Commission junction is actually recommending some crazy workarounds.

I have not seen any problems with the Amazon Associates program.

Yes, they have eliminated Deal and Coupon sites from their standard program and reworked the terms that have caused commissions to those sites to be reduced. This was driven by business reasons because those sites have typically sold products that were already so discounted that Amazon had no chance to make any money on.

While I disagree with the way these sites were treated and how the new terms were structured, this decision made Amazon Associates program overall healthier and stronger.

ABW Ambassador
    "Yes, they have eliminated Deal and Coupon sites from their standard program"

Just the top ones? I have such a site with the same agreement.

As far as I know, they've eliminated all such sites that they were aware of. If you are such site, I suggest you fly under the radar for as long as possible.

ABW Ambassador
    Eliminated completely or just a drastically reduced program agreement?

For all intents and purposes, it was eliminated. Basically, the sites can only receive fees a certain set of products that they are provided with weekly. Any other products receive no commission. The products that are on the list are pretty bad, from what I hear from the Deal and Coupon associates. Also, they have no access to Associates Central reports until 30 days after the month in which sales occur. So, basically, D&C sites were given a fairly strong message that they are not welcome.

Instead, what I believe Amazon should have done, is simply reduce their commissions to ~2% and offer it for any product they sell since products they market have been so deeply discounted. I hope that they adopt this policy instead of the one currently in place.

Gene

ABW Ambassador
    I don't think it was eliminated. When this first came out it was talked about at Amazon and the only other conversation about it I could find on any message board was here:

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread...5&page=2&pp=25

And I'm still in the same agreement and I know a lot of other straight up deal/coupon sites are too. So I'm wondering what percentage were actually affected.

For those who may have missed it, this thread duplicates another at http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=85376 where the claims are debunked.

Quote Originally Posted by Trust
    And I'm still in the same agreement and I know a lot of other straight up deal/coupon sites are too. So I'm wondering what percentage were actually affected.
    I was affected.. I don't know how they chose? Maybe they just wanted to stop the sites who were earners on their top-tier of commissions?
    Whatever it was, I basically stopped promoting them, and it's hurt, but not as bad as I thought it might.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread