Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Largest ebay commission?
    Curious as to what some of the largest single commission amounts (per action) that anyone has received if you are willing to share that information?

I have had one pretty darn large commission this last week, and several more as well in the past few days (not as large) and curious as to if anyone has had some large commissions (like hundreds if not over 1k) in a single transaction.

I am not sure what auction or listing it came from exactly, but it would have to be a pretty large sale at Ebay to earn the amount.

My concern is reversals of course, whether I should be happy or not count on it remaining around.

Thanks in advance.

fun topic, I've wondered too... I made $45.98 in December by selling a $17,000 dollar car and $23 bucks by selling a racing 4-wheeler.

You can figure out exactly what item sold by downloading the comission detail report. In XML format you can search for your commission amount, then find the Order_Id section closest to your commission. The Order_Id section contains the eBay item #. I don't know what all the numbers are, e.g. xxx;xxx;xxx, so I usually just look for the longest number, which usually ends up being right. I then go to the eBay advanced search screen, and choose "Search by Item Number" from the Menus on the Left Hand Side.

I'd be interested in hearing what your big sale was.

cheers,
    Jim

Yea, they are significantly larger than those numbers (good job on those btw), but I am gonna do a little research and the post them here. Hopefully I can garner at least what was sold since it can't be anything I have in an editor kit.

I have had several with commissions in the $30+ range (before performance incentives). The funny thing is that I was linking to relatively low-value items, but they bought other things, like cars.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

I've made a few $40+ and $80+ commissions on cars.
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

My highest so far is just under $40. I don't promote any high-end items either. But, when I look at the items bought it usually things like fancy televisions or other electronics. The other day I noticed somebody bought an expensive set of large speakers.

All-in-all, I like this system much more than the old 10 cent per bid method. I've noticed quite a few big spenders who win multiple bids over the 7-day cookie.

I especially like it when eBay has one of their 10 cent or 20 cent listing sales for the Sellers. I always see a spike in commissions a week later on the day all those items close.

I am still waiting for today's batch from ebay for yesterday (last was 2/6/7) to see if a trend continues which would be interesting. Also waiting to see if the one very large commission is going to stay around. If it does I am gonna be very happy (item sold was over $680,000).

680k - that is a dream sale, hope it holds... It might. When you get a cookie on the right person's computer, great things can happen. Last week I had such a person, who was obviously doing corporate purchases, as everything they bought was expensive and followed a certain pattern. Unfortunately, for every person like this, I have 1,000 people who are buying items for under ten dollars.

Yea, it's still there. I imagine it will be a few weeks before I possibly see a "reversals". Which got me to thinking of all the ways a reversal can happen on ebay.

I assume that if the buyer doesn't pay then a NPB will be filed, and the seller gets back their fees, which in turn would lead to a reversal for the affiliate.

Now if a Non-performing seller is filed, and no fees are credited then I assume it would not be reversed.

If the seller becomes NARU (yea I am watching this transaction closely) would this lead to a reversal? As a NARU does NOT necessarily credit the fees charged by the seller. They are still responsible for paying ebay.

Which then leads to another scenario.... seller fails to pay their fees. It might take 30-60 days before the seller is suspended by ebay, but that would definitely mean there should be a reversal when that happens. Wouldn't it be just lovely to be PAID for that commission, but 2 months later have a HUGE negative in your CJ account?

Seems to me it would be up to ebay to play collection agency. As they might eventually get their fees and thus if they already reversed my commission would they credit it back? Doubtful in my mind.

It makes me curious as after ebay changed to their new commission structure I sort of dropped them from the list. However in the past two months I have been promoting them again and it's interesting to see the various commissions. I have had everything from $7 commissions to hundreds of dollars, but nothing this large.

Quote Originally Posted by nakedgamer
    I have had everything from $7 commissions to hundreds of dollars, but nothing this large.

Lot's of fun... I've thought about the various high-dollar categories that could be lucrative because they aren't capped, like, MRI machines, Oil Drilling Equipment, etc, but given that I do PPC arbitrage, this isn't for me. I would think a targeted content site in one of those areas would be best.

I am still waiting for today's batch from ebay for yesterday (last was 2/6/7) to see if a trend continues which would be interesting. Also waiting to see if the one very large commission is going to stay around. If it does I am gonna be very happy (item sold was over $680,000).
    I love motivational posts!

Just came across this old post and wondered if you had updated it anywhere else on ABW - did the commission come through?

Yes, we were paid that one and several more. It was a great month.

Yes, we were paid that one and several more. It was a great month.
    Thanks for sharing - that's awesome!!

$93 on a vintage watch.

$65 on an empty box.

Yes, you heard me right.

not even single $ from ebay sofar

Quote Originally Posted by Lindaaffiliate
    not even single $ from ebay sofar
    Linda -

I would encourage you to go the the affiliates forum board on ebay's site and click on some of the names in those posts. Their about me pages will sometimes give their affiliate websites and then you can go to google or one of the lesser search engines and find backlinks to their site by typing in no quotes "link:http://www.theirsite.com"

This will show you ways they've used to build traffic to their site or other areas where they are advertising in.

Type in your target keyword phrase in quotes in google "blue widgets" to find only page titles related to what your promoting. Look for competitors and see how they are getting traffic to their pages.

The key for me with ebay was to narrow down a niche using their affiliate flex destination tool on their affiliates page - to show only products my target audience is interested in.

Myspace.com has millions of users in narrow niche groups. While you can not directly advertise an ebay link on myspace - you can definitely join a group and or forum there and quickly gain traffic and sales by promoting your webpage within your forum/group posts.

Example:

Use ebay's flex destination tool to narrow down search results to only show Nicorette patches when someone visits your site. Make a quick page about quitting smoking.

Find a group on myspace related to quitting smoking.

Contribute to their forums/group and include a link back to your webpage or have a link to your webpage on your myspace profile.

You could rinse and repeat with ANY niche one ebay any ANY group on myspace and some of their groups have over 50K members.

That said - you could see sales from ebay in no time.

How do you log in to the EBAY affiliate site?

I am an affiliate through CJ. When I go to http://affiliates.ebay.com all I can do is sign up I see no where to log in.

Is there a different URL?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by janew

I am an affiliate through CJ. When I go to http://affiliates.ebay.com all I can do is sign up I see no where to log in.

Thanks
    it's all handled/managed on cj's website, not ebay's. ebay's site has some tools for affiliates and of course the discussion forum, but all stats, etc. are accessed via cj.

Quote Originally Posted by janew

Thanks
    No - go to that same link you posted and click the "Discussion Boards" tab to view the affiliate forum on the ebay site. Click on the "Tools" tab to use the flexible destination tool and then just insert your CJ PID number and the web address to the ebay page you want to promote. Your CJ PID is SEPARATE from your CJ account ID and you can find this under your "account tab and website settings".

What I do first is find a page I want to specifically promote on ebay then copy that address with my mouse and insert it into where it asks me for it on the flex tool.

Make sense?

$128 on a truck.

I have a couple sites in the car niche and I have sold vehicles from $200 to $52,000, and never got a commission over $50.

$45 my highest single commission.

I have been doing other affiliate marketing and just got into the ebay affiliate program the other day. Was wondering how other people were doing with it...good to see that people really are receiving income from it.

Quote Originally Posted by jumar112
    I have been doing other affiliate marketing and just got into the ebay affiliate program the other day. Was wondering how other people were doing with it...good to see that people really are receiving income from it.

Hi Jumar -

Just remember this thought...

If 100 clicks brings you $25 ACRU + subsequent 40% revenue from sales

1000 clicks could bring you $250 + susbsequent 40% revenue from sales.

Find a Niche that will give you 1% or more conversion steadily and then drive as much traffic to that same niche as humanly possible.

If your able to sustain 1000 clicks per day to your niche site at a stable 1% conversion and avg. $200+ daily...

= 6000/month
    = 72,000/year

Rinse and repeat - then quit your day job if you have one.

Easier said than done ofcourse but definitely acheiveable.

Best of luck to you!

p.s. This might help you get rolling a little faster:

http://affiliates.ebay.com/ns/BestPractices.htm

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast