Unhappy How to find affiliates having our targeting traffic?
    I work in Shecy Pearls, it is an very professional pearl jewelry supplier. All our products are pearl jewelry. So we are really doing a niche market.

Here is my biggest question during my recruiting new affiliates of our program.
    I started with focusing on websites about jewelry, woman and fashion. But the result was not good. I got a huge number of websites about my targeting theme by searching with SE. I can hardly visit everyone. Even I visited most of them, I just couldn't tell which one is affiliate, which one is merchant. Also There are many jewelry directories, my links will almost be merged by the hundreds and thousands of diamond jewelry stores the second I join.

What kinds of websites should I target now? How to find the super affiliates? Is what i do a totally wrong way to find affiliates?

High appreciated for any clues.
    Last edited by shecyvicky; February 6th, 2007 at 02:10 AM.

Or high payment for any useful clues......lol ;-) I really need your help!

http and a telephoto
    http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread...t=magic+bullet

Start reading, find a consultant, there are many good ones here at ABW, myself included. However you should talk to a few to find one that has what you are looking for. It certainly sounds like you need either an outsourced program manager or some consulting to get you started.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Thanks loxly
    you are right, I just dont know how to start...
    I will try and keep learning. Thanks again!

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    How to find the super affiliates?
    Paypal me $5000 and I'll tell you

Outsourced Program Manager Rick - Bitcom's Avatar
    Welcome shecyvicky! As Loxly points out in her thread...it's mostly about hard work. But in the beginning it sure feels like you don't know where to start. There are many answers here at ABW.

You have a nice site with pretty good traffic so you've obviously learned some things along the way. I see you already have some good affiliates working for you. You seem to be using FusionQuest and your own inhouse program? That gives you some flexibility and keeps your costs low so you can give a good commission.

Use what you've learned about SEO and PPC and the online buying cycle to find your new affiliates. You know by now it's about the Search Engines so identify your competitors and find out who is supporting them. Then make them a better offer.

Once you identify the right affiliates it's about motivating them to present you well. You need to pay a good commission and especially convince them that you can convert their clicks into sales. Offer incentives along the way and promotions that give them something to talk about. Give them spider food (content) and visitor food (promotions). In other words convince them you want to help them to succeed. Be generous with your affiliate revenue and your support. That's the only way that you will succeed.

Keep doing these things 24/7 and eventually you will get a reputation as a GREAT merchant and the affiliates will start coming to you.

See, it's really very easy.

Good luck!

Thank you for your good advice, Rick
    We are using FusionQuest to manage our program. Our commission rate is 15% per sale. It is the highest in Jewelry industry. Our average sale revenue is around $400, It is most possible that our affiliates can earn $60 in a single sale generated from their links.
    Even though I am quite new in internet marketing. I feel great interested in it and that is why I am so eager to grow our affiliate program to be a powerful revenue source of our business.
    I will share everything in my work with all of you. Hope one day I will grow into a successful affiliate manager like you. :-)

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Nice site and pearl pricing. International affiliates should drool over your being able to ship for a flat fee of $20.00 on orders below $80 to most all countries. The Free freight over $80.00 is a real purchasing motivator so use it in banners and text links. Place a PR spin page on the ease and security of using your PayPal powered shopping cart.

Look into interfacing and offering Google Checkout for American customers, or those uncomfortable with PayPal, as it helps in Adwords PPCSE and Froogle exposure. This would require an American based sales agent with USA Banking and I'm sure you have several in the Jewelry Merchandise Marts and distributors in NYC or LA.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

ABW Ambassador
    I just visited your site, with the aim of signing up, but the $100 payment threshold is making me think twice. Any chance that can come down!

Quote Originally Posted by loxly
    http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread...t=magic+bullet

Start reading, find a consultant, there are many good ones here at ABW, myself included. However you should talk to a few to find one that has what you are looking for. It certainly sounds like you need either an outsourced program manager or some consulting to get you started.
    Your humility is inspiring, Lox.
    Joseph Lilly
    PartnerWeekly, LLC 702.407.0707 joe.lilly at partnerweekly.com
    PartnerWeekly

Winnie 07
    Yesterday...Rick- JRami included as part of her post the following paragraph for finding super affiliates...

"Use what you've learned about SEO and PPC and the online buying cycle to find your new affiliates. You know by now it's about the Search Engines so identify your competitors and find out who is supporting them. Then make them a better offer."

Would a good strategy be to Go to Yahoo site explorer type in the URL of your competitors and then look at their inlinks?

New to this..would love some feedback..

first of all, I want to thank you for all of your good advices. You are so kind and helpful. Here is my feedback. :-)

Lily, we set $100 as our payment threshold after our careful consideration. As you know, we also provide CPL commission. Anyone who come throught affiliate's links drops an inquiry on Shecy Pearls, we will pay the affiliate $3 for the inquiry. Therefore some bad guys try to trick commission by generating junk lead with their own links. If we set threshold too low, their can easily reach the amount and require payment. Basing on our high commission and conversation rate. I think $100 isn't that difficult to reach. Please note that I had mentioned in my early post, our average sale revenue is around $400, the commission of affiliate will reach $60 for a single sale. Is it easy? You can join us and try, if our work isn't as good as you expecting, then quit us. What can it hurt? :-)

Thank you for visiting us, then what do you think about Shecy Pearls? We have our own pearl farm in South China Sea. That is why I can assure you of our professional and our website's high conversion rate.

Being a successful affiliate can never be an easy work. Just as loxly said, we need to work hard . Even me, as Shecy Pearls' affiliate manager, would like to try my best to work together with all of you. Anytime you have questions on Shecy Pearls, just feel free to let me know. ztyvicky@hotmail.com

look forward to working with you. :-)

I am getting used to internet's huge information volume. With all clues you gave me, I am really enjoying it.
    I will instantly come back upon any good news of my work.

Super Affiliates
    Well, aint we all looking for that super affiliate? I wish I can be one you are looking for. As of now, its still more of a wishful thinking than of a reality.
    You have an excellent product and I know people are willing to pay good money to have them. I think the best way is to resort to Affilate networks with particular specialization with your industry.

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread