Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Playing with video and affiliate links

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Cool Playing with video and affiliate links
    This is very cool and something I saw over on Revenews . So I loaded a quick video onto Google, went to BubblePLY.com and 10 minutes later I have a video with function affiliate links in it...pretty darned cool!

.See demo here

Thanks for the tip Adam, best tool I've seen yet for Affiliate Marketing and Video!

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Out of interest did anyone have any issues with the links we found that the link here worked fine but the same link to the video sent via Email had some issues loading up the destination page?

Anyone experienced the same issue?

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Never got this link you're talking about but ya got my curiosity since I love watching these videos.
    hmmm.....so when did you change your hair color? I see you've let it grow a bit and you've been working out some, too. lol It hurts just watching him.

Links worked fine here.
    Cool find by the way!!
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!
    ================================================================

It worked great for me, but I had to allow popups from the site when I clicked.

Nice idea and I hope to see some merchants start offering these for use.

I hope to see some merchants start offering these for use

Why wait for the merchant? Go grab an account at Bubbleply, find an appropriate video clip from YouTube to insert, and make a few pop-ups with your affiliate link in them. Post them on your blog and encourage people to share them.

I hope you don't mind me posting a URL, but here's an example using the very same video (and same links) that Chris posted above:
    http://www.firstpagefitness.com/blog...nks-in-videos/

Great find Chris - Thanks!

Good point. But some are product specific.

I saw one merchant in here with windsocks. Having a few short videos of them actually in motion would be nice. I'm sure there's a million other ideas. Some of them would require access to the product.

http and a telephoto
    Anyone that sends me products (preferably expensive stuff ) I'd be willing to shoot video here in sunny Vegas....
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

As Affilio mentioned you don't need the merchant to do anything more than load up a video or send you the video and they you can create the overlay. Bubbleply provide the code to allow you to place this on your own site too

What we're looking to do is create a "video list" so that we can send out a list of where to find client vidoes and save on the time spent hunting for them

It worked great for me, but I had to allow popups from the site when I clicked.
    Mack I had the same issue / concern, they need to find a way to make the new window open without it being identified as a pop up.

Expensive stuff, make a video and promote it.... can be arranaged

Cheers

Chris

For those of you in the Gaiam program, here's a whole YouTube profile FULL of Gaiam and GT Media videos: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=GaiamSearch . Have fun!

ABW Ambassador
    Would you suggest users only use Gaiam approved videos for Gaiam affiliate links?

I think it's a good idea but what was brought up in various threads around the web. I think in the future the merchant or affiliate might run into problems if they're using other people's video content for commercial use without permission or compensation. I think merchants in order to protect themselves might want to get something written up addressing that.

I don't think you're going to run into problems using a short trailer for the purpose of sending business to the company who produced the trailer. If you are using a Gaiam trailer to send visitors to some other yoga merchant, well that might be another story.

Another potential problem that might pop up eventually is that you are using another site's (YouTube in this case) server to host the video that you are using commercially. Bubbleply could easily fix this by hosting the video themselves, but then they're into the same legal issues that GooTube has right now for... doing the same thing to the TV industry, basically.

And what's the difference between putting an affiliate link overlay onto the video and surrounding it with AdSense? You are still monetizing the content either way.
    Last edited by affilio; February 8th, 2007 at 09:18 PM. Reason: Adding more info

ABW Ambassador
    I was just thinking in general. With YouTube and others they have embed links which you can use to put on your site. And you can put Adsense around them to make money. It's a little different in that it's an affiliate link to a specific merchant usually over the video itself. Will have to see how it all plays out. I like the concept but as with anything, there is room for abuse. Just something else merchants will have to monitor I guess.

With YouTube and others they have embed links which you can use to put on your site. And you can put Adsense around them to make money
    From my perspective I (and our clients) would rather affiliates are putting overlays on their videos to drive traffic to their sites, rather than putting adsense around their videos and driving no traffic to the site . No harm in doing both for sure.

There is room for abuse and that will certainly need to be watched with care (yep one more thing to monitor), how long before some one finds a way to mass overlay videos.

But lets not let the negative black out the great potential here, I know we'll support any one who needs help getting these set up.

Cheers

Chris

We have a couple of new tools for video being tested, we're aiming to load up a few pages that present the ins and outs of each along with samples and how to tips/steps before too long

Cheers

Chris

I love mine Looking forward to learnning more whenever you have it ready Thanks for making them available.

ABW Ambassador affiliatemakeover's Avatar
    Yeah, however I think that you still have to make a good video. If the video sucks, nobody is going to click. A lot of work to be done to get up to good quality video production. I've been playing with videos for 6 months now and I'm finally starting to get the hang of it.
    Jim Kukral
    You will love my book: Attention! This Book Will Make You Money

Hi Jim

That's true and where we are lucky to have Gaiam and GT Media on board as we are adding their TV and promotional video to the web, all high quality video production.

Cheers

Chris

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Good stuff Chris. I have one affiliate who has integrated a video from the free DVD for one of our lead gen merchants. I can see putting a merchants video on your website but why bother with the overlays when you can design the page around the video.

Another affiliate asked if they could develop videos for another product and we gave a resounding yes!! My recommendation is to make a video, integrate it into your affiliate pages and then add it to Google Video, YouTube and MetaCafe. The last is the most accomidating to affiliates. Also create a MySpace profile and put it there too!

Self made videos would be great! We've been bouncing around the idea of running an affiliate contest for one of our clients on that theme, would be great to see what people can come up with. Just wondering if anyone would have the time to focus on putting something together

Cheers

Chris

Just wondering if anyone would have the time to focus on putting something together
    What are the technical requirements? I have not been interested enough to find out until this thread.

What are the technical requirements? I have not been interested enough to find out until this thread.
    For creating a video from scratch? That would depend on each person I guess and what they have on hand for filming. Basic version could be as simple as recording it on a phones film system

Cheers

Chris

Chris,

I saw a link in the recent newsletter where you could just put in your affiliate code and it would make the video for you. But it wasn't Bubbleply, it was something else.

Do you have that page handy so I can put in my code on one of the videos?

The script varies based on the video that is set up, if you can let me know which video you're looking for I can have the link created and posted onto a page.

We should have a consolidated list of all available videos set up very shortly.

Cheers

Chris

Man this thread has eaten some time, but enjoyably.
    • Created My First Video
    • Joined YouTube And Uploaded the Video
    • Explored BubblePLY
    • Concluded I have Much To Learn

I made the video on my Kodak Z612. There is very little documentation from Kodak on video. You can hear the camera making sounds in the video. The file type is .mov which is Apple and QuickTime. I never have good luck with Apple stuff. In the QT player the video only shows some dots, but if played through the browser with the QT plugin it worked great. Go figure.

At YouTube I felt like a nun in a biker bar, but it uploaded and worked well. I haven't a clue yet how I would benefit. Getting bubbles with links before uploading there would really have potential.

BubblePLY looks really great for embedded video. I tried to embed video in a WordPress blog and it broke the layout really bad. There is probably a way.

There is room for a complete tutorial on video for affiliate marketing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast