recruitement email tips
    Hello everyone,

I'm new to CJ and have experienced some decent results. Now, I'm specifically looking into marketing through email and was wondering if anyone has or can offer some advice on composing a good recruitment email.

Just looking for examples and tips as I go down this path.

thanks,
    ryan

I stay away from email marketing

why is that?

I'd imagine there has to be some conversions.

Sounds at first glance like you're talking spam. A bit more explanation is needed - who are you emailing? how did you get their email addresses?

So I'm currently a CJ advertiser and through their system have access to publishers wishing to advertise, for a cost.

Anyhow, part of the process is composing a recruitment email. They provide no examples and if I'm to spend a sizeable ammount of money to promote my program I'd like to know a few best practices in email copy.

So, all in all. For those of you that have recieved recruitment emails, which ones did you accept and why?

Affiliate Manager
    In past experience using this feature from CJ has really not been very cost effective. The biggest issue with this is the open rate. Generally these emails are funneled into the CJ mail interface, not to the individual affiliates email account...if you are an affiliate, when was the last time you checked your CJ mail account? If recently, it was probably to select all of those merchant emails and bulk delete them. Individual recruiting and email list building is always more successful. Yes you have to put in the time to individually target your niche, but in the long run...you are not just spamming the affiliate universe looking for those who respond to every offer but never really produce.

My $.02

Ryan

Good stuff ryan.

I'll have to look into targeting. But, even so, what would a good recruitment email look like? Sorry for the naivety but i'm still new to all this.

Quote Originally Posted by GlassNetAM
    In past experience using this feature from CJ has really not been very cost effective. The biggest issue with this is the open rate. Generally these emails are funneled into the CJ mail interface, not to the individual affiliates email account...if you are an affiliate, when was the last time you checked your CJ mail account? If recently, it was probably to select all of those merchant emails and bulk delete them. Individual recruiting and email list building is always more successful. Yes you have to put in the time to individually target your niche, but in the long run...you are not just spamming the affiliate universe looking for those who respond to every offer but never really produce.

My $.02

Ryan
    Ryan - In my experience, they all go to the publisher's email address (maybe unless they don't show their email address?). This would really be a question for CJ though. A good recruitment email generally should have concise details about your program, and emphasize your great conversion rate, average order rate, or whatever it is that makes your program stand out. You may also want to announce a contest or first-month bonus if the publishers can hit certain targets, as that's definitely gotten my attention in the past. These mailings can be quite expensive though, so definitely use targeting to be more effective.

Lightbulb
    Thanks,

Awesome stuff Joshua

Any chance that someone has an example to post? I'm sure others could benefit from seeing this than just me

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread