Affiliate Manager Alan Townsend's Avatar
    Webinarstock - 3 Hours of Learning & Earning

I'm organizing Webinarstock, a 3 hour mega-webinar that's free for merchants and affiliates to attend. Webinarstock will bring together dozens of affiliate program managers and potentially hundreds of affiliates in 1 webinar. The event is being held on March 14th.

Affiliates will be able to interact with the affiliate managers and learn more about each of the participating merchant programs in a fun, festival type atmosphere. We'll be giving away prizes throughout the event, along with other fun surprises.

The following presenters have signed up to participate as of February 7th:

Alan Townsend
    Chris Sanderson
    Dan Salvaterra
    Debbie Carney

The following merchants have signed up to participate as of February 7th:

AMWSO
    CleanItSupply.com
    CristinaFiore.com
    Home Living Style
    ImageKind
    LightingDirect.com
    PersonalizationMall.com
    StuffedAnimals.com

To register for Webinarstock:
    Click here

To read the Webinarstock blog:
    Click here

Last Call for Merchants
    If you're a merchant and would like to participate in Webinarstock to promote your affiliate program, please send an email to info@webinarstock.com. Merchant space is very limited and is virtually full already. We're going to make room for a couple of more before closing registration for merchants.

Webinarstock is Tonight at 6 PM EST
    Hi All,

Webinarstock is tonight at 6 PM EST. We have almost $3,000 worth of prizes being given away by 13 affiliate managers representing over 20 merchants. For a complete line up of presenters, presentation times and prizes, visit:

http://www.webinarstock.com.

I hope you to see you at Webinarstock tonight!

Affiliate Manager PingoPrepaidCallingCards's Avatar
    thanks for putting this together. looking forward to it
    Brian Hawkins AM @ [URL=http://www.pingo.com/affiliate.do]Pingo[/URL] Earn up to $35 CPA for a [URL=http://www.pingo.com/p/onedollar/onedollar.html]$1 trial offer[/URL]!
    [URL=http://www.twitter.com/TelecomAgents]@TelecomAgents[/URL] [URL=http://www.twitter.com/telephonecard]@TelephoneCard[/URL]

I've registered to attend (unfortunately, not as an AM this time), and am looking forward to it too.

Geno

http and a telephoto
    It's gonna be FUN
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Affiliate Manager
    It's going to be a great time. I look forward to seeing (or hearing I guess) everyone there.

I am even giving up my gym time tonight to attend. It was a hard decision, but you know.

Wait, I belong to a 24 hour gym....ugh...

Action Jackson - King of the World
    Any chance we could find out what was discussed for those like me unable to attend heh.

Quote Originally Posted by jackson992
    Any chance we could find out what was discussed for those like me unable to attend heh.
    Transcripts of programs are good to have.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Transcripts of programs are good to have.
    If individual affiliate managers provided a copy of their presentation to individuals who requested it, that's one thing, but if the entire webinar gets posted somewhere, I for one will be PO'd.

It was widely advertised. It was a huge time commitment for those who attended. It was a business decision to be available for 3 1/2 hours and tie up a phone line (not toll-free either) and two computers (there were two of us attending) in order to participate.

I totally understand that many people have so many other priority obligations that attending was impossible. But I still think it would be unfair to recreate the whole experience online for others to fast-forward through to what they want.

If there was a specific program discussed that you have interest in - contact the AM. They will be thrilled to help you - that's why they paid for the privilege of presenting.

Hi Jackson & Rhia,

Check webinarstock.com within the next couple of days. The event ran about 3 hours and 45 minutes, so I'll see if I'm able to salvage transcripts. If not, we may be putting on another event, so hopefully you'll be able to attend that one.

Quote Originally Posted by jmoore61103
    If individual affiliate managers provided a copy of their presentation to individuals who requested it, that's one thing, but if the entire webinar gets posted somewhere, I for one will be PO'd.

It was widely advertised. It was a huge time commitment for those who attended. It was a business decision to be available for 3 1/2 hours and tie up a phone line (not toll-free either) and two computers (there were two of us attending) in order to participate.

I totally understand that many people have so many other priority obligations that attending was impossible. But I still think it would be unfair to recreate the whole experience online for others to fast-forward through to what they want.

If there was a specific program discussed that you have interest in - contact the AM. They will be thrilled to help you - that's why they paid for the privilege of presenting.
    Judi has a valid point too and I understand because everyone involved worked hard to make it happen (including attendees). Again, not sure if one is even available, but Judi's suggestion of contacting AM's direct is a good idea. It would be great for them to hear from affiliates who couldn't make it.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Townsend
    Hi Jackson & Rhia,

Check webinarstock.com within the next couple of days. The event ran about 3 hours and 45 minutes, so I'll see if I'm able to salvage transcripts. If not, we may be putting on another event, so hopefully you'll be able to attend that one.
    I wasn't able to attend last night, so I look forward to hearing about the next event.

Affiliate Manager PingoPrepaidCallingCards's Avatar
    webinarstock
    Great job to all the abw merchants for putting this together. It was interesting to hear what your all up to last night.
    Brian Hawkins AM @ [URL=http://www.pingo.com/affiliate.do]Pingo[/URL] Earn up to $35 CPA for a [URL=http://www.pingo.com/p/onedollar/onedollar.html]$1 trial offer[/URL]!
    [URL=http://www.twitter.com/TelecomAgents]@TelecomAgents[/URL] [URL=http://www.twitter.com/telephonecard]@TelephoneCard[/URL]

http and a telephoto
    I had a great time listening to all the AM's that presented, and I love to talk, so making my own presentation was fun. I would like if the segments were available to replay, but if they aren't it will encourage others to try and make arrangements to attend in the future.

Judi, it was great as a "live" event, but I would really like it if it was archived so that other people could benefit from the amount of work the AM's put into it. Anyone watching the archives wouldn't be able to get the value that being their live had, in the form of prizes, and ability to get instant answers to questions.

I have had a number of new affiliates sign for ImageKind today, so the event worked helping me explain how to use yet another hard to figure out merchant
    Deborah Carney

My point was that the individual AMs should archive their own part of the work and send it on request to an interested affiliate rather than just have the collection posted somewhere.

I really don't think it's productive to spend time and money promoting events, encourage people to attend and then reward the ones who don't make it. As an affiliate I would love to have it posted for free so I could pop up and take a look when I felt like it. As a manager-minded person, I think it could be used to better advantage.

Suggestion - make it extremely easy for people who missed it to find the AMs and request the pp or a teleconference. Skype makes it easy to talk for free and you can email a powerpoint and go over it with them. Or build an education center on your site so you can control the content.

http and a telephoto
    My point was that the individual AMs should archive their own part of the work and send it on request to an interested affiliate rather than just have the collection posted somewhere.
    That is the power of the web, to have "live" events be archived and accessed.
    I really don't think it's productive to spend time and money promoting events, encourage people to attend and then reward the ones who don't make it. As an affiliate I would love to have it posted for free so I could pop up and take a look when I felt like it. As a manager-minded person, I think it could be used to better advantage.
    We can agree to disagree here I guess. I think it is to everyone's advantage to have the information available after the fact. Not everyone CAN make it, just like they can't make it to live in person events. The ability to have the hard work that went into it extend to an archive that is accessible later is wonderful. There are advantages to being at the event "as it happens" that aren't available in an archive, so there is always an incentive to "be there live".

This was a new idea, a new way to reach affiliates that are in a multitude of programs. We all promoted it to our own affiliates, knowing they would attend and learn about other merchants as well.
    Suggestion - make it extremely easy for people who missed it to find the AMs and request the pp or a teleconference. Skype makes it easy to talk for free and you can email a powerpoint and go over it with them. Or build an education center on your site so you can control the content.
    Not all managers have the time or ability to do that, hence the cooperative spirit and the ability for affiliates to go to the live event and interact. I love educating people and will do more webinars in groups and individually, and hopefully it will all be archived so it can be shared for those that are just starting, or are shy or that have different time schedules. I prefer not to repeat information if I don't have to... having the archive available to the affiliate saves us both time. Then they can come to me for specific issues and training that wasn't covered.
    Deborah Carney

Valid points have been made by everybody. Have a few comments to add. I am very grateful that Alan and all of the affiliate managers took the time to participate in this event (and those probably very sleepy guys today over in Thailand for getting up early so they could participate). It was obvious with the powerpoint presentations that a lot of work went into all of your presentations. Think all of you did a great job. and thank you very much to all of you. I thoroughly enjoyed all of your presentations. Although unfortunately I didn't get to hear all of you. This I know will be hard for some of you to believe.....but yes, up until this year I was a dial-up-a-sarus and any of you who have dial-up and only one phone line know that you can't participate in the phone part of these events. I only ever had the one. So....I was sooooo to be able to finally listen to this one. Ummm ....nope. I got to hear the first two presenters and after that had trouble. My computer's in the home office in the basement. Evidently due to that I can't get a very good connection a lot of the time and had a hard time getting one as the night went on. Only got to hear 3 of ya actually speak. When I did manage to get a connection I had some problem where I kept being told the access number was invalid.

So....yeap I gulped down my dinner and rushed with everything else so I could take the time for the 3 hrs. but didn't get to hear all of it. I know there must be others who have dial-up due to the area they live in and it being the only option or like me before....just not able to afford to have the other. Some of us might have children and were busy at that time helping them with their homework, or maybe other family responsibilities like caring for an elderly parent, etc. or a host of other legitimate reasons and just weren't able to participate in this event.

I can understand points that have been made but also feel bad for those with legitimate reasons whatever they were who just weren't able to attend for one reason or another. It's a great way for them to learn about the various programs and it's nice for them to get to connect the voices with the affiliate managers, too. Also....speaking as one who can't go to the live events where ya all gather.....makes a person feel kinda left out, and being able to participate in these events makes it feel like you are part of something.

Also, know that a lot of affiliate managers aren't just managing one program and are really, really busy. It would require more work for them to have separate presentations for those who weren't able to attend and since they already have put so much effort into this event already.....doesn't quite seem fair to expect even more of their time.

Guess I'll spare you guys anymore of my babbling and will just say I understand points that have been made but hope maybe something might be able to be done so people who didn't get to participate but would like to have ....would be able to have access to at least some of the event. They don't have the opportunity to win any of the prizes or access to any coupons, offers, etc. that are mentioned in these events so there is more of an incentive as Loxly said to participate in it live. I love being able to learn every opportunity I get and just wished the others would be able to do the same.

For the umpteenth time....thank you again Alan and all of the affiliate managers for your time and participation. I and I'm sure all the others really appreciated it

I think your points are valid, too. It would be helpful to many affiliates to have an archive of info available after the fact.

Hopefully it will have sound, too. Last night we both listened for 3 hours (nearly 4) and missed some of the presentation info because the sound quality wasn't always great, especially with several open lines and background noise.

I do think webinars are not only great, they are becoming very popular and easier to use. AM's could actually use them the way Allen does to hold monthly "meetings". I think they would be even better as a vehicle for the kind of training you're trying to do, Loxly.

Senior Affiliate Manager AMWSO James - AMWSO's Avatar
    It was a great/useful event for all of us and I hope there are many more WebinarStock's to come. From my point of view I'd be happy to have the event archived as there are always going to be some people who can't attend and this will allow them to make use of the content. it would be a shame after all the work that went into the event from all the parties to only allow a small group of people to access the end result.

For training/education purposes Webinar's are definitely the way of the future...Great way for an AM to launch a program too...
    James D. Nardell
    AMWSO.com Affiliate Management Team
    email: James.Nardell [@] AMWSO.com
    Phone: (805) 624-5669
    IM - Google/Skype: JamesNardell
    iolo technologies | Paychex | Personal VCard Website

http and a telephoto
    I think they would be even better as a vehicle for the kind of training you're trying to do, Loxly.
    That's the goal
    Deborah Carney

Affiliate Manager Matt McWilliams's Avatar
    Our presentation is here:

http://www.hometownquotesblogs.com/webinarstock.ppt

I just can't get my witty comments through on power point though...
    Matt McWilliams
    Call Me At: (317) 825-8826 | Follow Me On Twitter: @MattMcWilliams2 | Connect With Me On LinkedIn

http and a telephoto
    Without your voice over it just won't be the same.... You do know you CAN record voice in ppt? It makes for a REALLY BIG file, but it's cool.
    Deborah Carney

25. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread