quote:
    Subject: AzureGreen and Chargebacks
    Date: 09/16/2002

Just to let all those of you concerned about used to be our high chargeback rate (somewhere in the 90 percent range) is now 23 percent as i had stated in the past, it usually a result of some affiliates who consistently produce invalid orders and the improper way the commission junction handles reverse transaction.
    We are working to put our entire 120 + page catalog on the internet in HTML format, and link it to a brand new shopping cart, we also plan to add the affiliate features to that store , so watch for these developments.

If they think those thousands of affiliates are going to blindly follow them, they need to talk to some managers who have tried this. It might be an eye opener.

Isn't it strange how it is everyone's fault but Azuregreen's? And, as if the affiliates have any control over who makes and invalid purchase from their links. Darned affiliates with their "bad" traffic! None of the other affiliate managers seem to have all their woes with "the improper way the commission junction handles reverse transaction." Why is Azuregreen getting all this unfair treatment, I want to know!

Dime will get you a dollar that they had a real good time telling off everyone at CJ who tried to help them.

And, what good timing for everyone to have to be re-doing their sites. Right before Yule shopping starts. Way to go Azuregreen.

Well, good luck to them in their new program.

Anyone looking for a replacement try

Earth Spirit Emporium

They have the same identical product line but more items.

For all I know this is the same outfit but the affiliate manager is very much better.

Fortunately I have already transferred all but the Azuregreen jewelry to
    Earth Spirit Emporium

I saw this coming.

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

Mmm lots of blood and gurgling from the AzureGreen affiliate manager. Frankly any affiliate manager who was sitting on top of a 90% chargeback rate should have shifted careers into burger flipping.

Меня зовут Динаму

He blames the "problem affiliates" who send him "undesirable traffic.....with a lot of foreign accounts".

Gee, I wonder how all those other Affiliate managers copr with all those "problem affiliates".

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

Hm.. If its all you naughty affilliates, Ssanf - why does he need to change his shopping cart?

I

Beats me. But one thing is for sure, if an order was over $50.00 or, heavens forbid, $100.00 you could just bet it was going to be reversed.

For some reason, my customers, so far, seem to make larger dollar amount purchases with the identical product line from my new merchant.

Maybe, they just like his site better. Maybe, there are other reasons.

SSanf,

Thanks for the lead. I just removed the azurgreen links. I did though have a question about earthspirits code.

For the banners it doesn't seem to include earthspirits on the url, does it track? For instance, the banners say something like this:

ttp://coldfusion.affiliateshop.com/AIDLink.cfm?AID=xxxxx

Yet the links for the products are supposed to be in this format:

tp://coldfusion.affiliateshop.com/AIDLink.cfm?AID=xxxx&Redirect=http://earthspirits.org/altarcloth.htm

Have you had sales and no both of these formats track? Also, I did email them and they said there is a 30 day cookie.

Well, I have had a lot of sales with them but I don't use the banners, I use products.

Of course, you must replace the Xs with your own ID#.

If you have any questions, write them. They are very nice and almost took me by the hand to get started.

I must be gone this weekend but when I get back the remaining Azuregeeen links are coming down.

This was interesting because I was able to divide the jewelry from all the other products and compare where the sales were coming from.

Now, remember that I have not had time to receive my first actual check from them yet so I am not addressing that at this point.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread