CJ Merchants with BillMeLater?
    Do we get credit for CJ merchants who are using BillMeLater?

I was peeking around their site and found this http://shopbillmelater.com/offers/index.asp

Does billmelater join the affiliate programs of the merchants who use it and insert their own cookie or something?

Tax Paying Member
    New to me...........

Appears to be just another method of paying.
    Looks to me like another name for a Chase Credit Card.
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

A lot use it...I just don't know if CJ's tracking pixel is on whatever billmelater thank you page. Couldn't really find anything about it on ABW, other than a comment by Overstock in 2004.

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    From what I heard about BillMeLater, the affilaite does get credit. Somebody posted it on ABW but I am just too lazy to go dig it up

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Don't even bother looking up any straight honest answers about BillMeLater here at ABW. The 70+ major network merchants using it have all 100% refused to address any questions as to if BillMelater sales get creditied to referring affiliates. From Overstock, Walmart, Shoes.com to eBags and Tigerdirect promote BillMeLater on every page of their sites... partial list here http://www.i4commerce.com/i4Commerce...t.do?pageID=51

With a shopping portal smelling like an affiliate site http://www.shopbillmelater.com/ questions as to whether they operate as both a service and affiliate never get verifiable answers. It's a cinch this serviceis using datamined consumer privacy info to do SEM and cookied shopping as if a CPA network. Use the merchant pull alphabet down list to see all the major affiliate network merchants involved. (hundreds obviously paying slotting fees and PPCSE click fees) ) I'm sure Mediplex has a hand in marketing it as do the founders who flipped MySimon/Wisenut/Looksmart into funding Become.com. View the source code while waiting on answers.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

i have asked a merchant this question directly and never did get an answer

I don't know about CJ merchants, but I have received an answer from
    another merchant using Bill Me Later, NetShop.

According to their affiliate manager, if the customer uses the Bill Me Later
    option, the order still generates and their affiliate program tracks it and
    affiliates get notified. This is why they wait 30-40 days after the month
    for all sales to finalize (be paid) before they pay commissions for that month.

I just came here searching for this because I have had 4 purchases not track using Bill Me Later this week alone. It's really disheartening because there is no telling how many sales we could all be losing and not even know it.
    --Tricia Meyer-- I love being the exception to the rule.

Tricia Meyer | Helping Moms Connect | Wine Club Reviews and Ratings | Hunger Games Fan

I guess the only way to REALLY know is to test it ourselves. Now I am curious I think I will see what I can do this month about it.

I don't see why we wouldn't get credit. All BillMeLater does is extend a credit line and the merchant gets paid. The same return days would apply, and I would assume if they return something it get credited back to BML as well. I really see no difference from BML and paypal on this matter as far as affiliates go.

The main reason i think that we would not get credit is due to the confirmation page being changed...unless this includes the affiliate network tracking information nothing could be tracked unless batched in as a make good...same goes for G pay.

There should be a trackback just like any payment processor. The merchant should know the payment was made via the processor (in this case BML) and finish the order. When that happens you SHOULD get the credit for the order.

Antisocial Media Expert ProWebAddict's Avatar
    Hmmmm interesting especially now considering the season.

Are there any updates on this?

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread