Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Sitter City Issue still unresolved
    I have been in contact with two other affiliates who promoted a new advertiser at CJ ...Sitter City. We combined for a total of over 2,200 click throughs in 3 days and none of us NONE received a single commission. After confronting the Sitter City representative I was told there were tracking issues and I received this reply.

Robert,

CJ is working to pull any transactions from their database that came from you.

(Sitter City went on to quote a message supposedly from CJ to me)

From CJ Directly:

“We are going to pull information from our data base to see if we can find any transactions from your account that should have been CJ referred. This may take some time to accomplish so I truly appreciate your patients. Feel free to respond to this email for updates\questions on the situation.”

No one at CJ has ever contacted me directly nor have I ever been able to locate anyone who wrote the above message. The quoted message above appears to be fabricated by Sitter City who now will not respond to my e-mail requests regarding this matter.

Just curious to know if anyone else besides us have shared a similar nightmare dealing with these people.

I was just about to promote them on my moms site last night and then changed my mind at the last minute. I'll definitely be following this thread before I promote.
    --Tricia Meyer-- I love being the exception to the rule.

Tricia Meyer | Helping Moms Connect | Wine Club Reviews and Ratings | Hunger Games Fan

ABW Ambassador
    Sittercity is also on Share-A-Sale
    They also have an affiliate program on Share-A-Sale. Their SaS program shows a 30 day EPC of $59.33. My experience is that few sites with both SaS and CJ programs manage to get them both working. Their Share A Sale merchant number is 10994.

http://www.shareasale.com/a-viewmerc...rchantID=10994

Cat got their tongue
    I've asked the people at Sitter City 4 times for the name of the person at CJ who supposedly wrote that message to me.

They are consistent about ignoring the question. They are so blatant so flat out guilty it's sick. Scary to think how many people promoted them. They get a jolt of cash from there initial CJ exposure and now just looking for an excuse not to pay for it.

... If they want to play at CJ...they have to pay at CJ ...It's one of those unspoken rules. You spend your money and your time in a good faith effort to promote their company...THEY HAVE TO PAY FOR THAT AND I'M NOT GOING ANYWHERE UNTIL THEY DO.

Affiliate Manager
    Sittercity Follow-up
    The contact and CJ incident number was sent to you this AM - here is the information again in case you did read your email:

CJ rep: Robert Modlin
    email: rmodlin@cj.com
    CJ Incident Number: 070208-000174

For the record, Sittercity.com has over 1,000 very happy affiliates and we pay out on all transactions we receive, we do not pay for clicks and this is clearly stated in our terms.

We are working with CJ to figure out if any of the 600+ clicks resulted in a transaction - there was a documented issue with an ID number CJ gave us that was corrected within hours of being discovered. ALL tracking in CJ is working perfectly now and we have many affiliates that are being paid out and are seeing great success with our program, as do our ShareaSale partners.

Unfortunately, we are waiting on CJ regarding this issue and want it resolved ASAP, just like you do. If, in fact any registrations resulted from the clicks that were sent our way, we will pay in full immediately.

We want this resolved just as badly as you do and if you are sending us registrations, we will gladly work out a richer deal for you or incentives for sending us new registrations.

We do apologize for the issue and are doing all we can to get this resolved.

We appreciate your patience with the matter.

Thanks,

Jason

I've been promoting their site for a couple weeks now as well and have yet to see a dollar. The people just might not be paying for their service when they click over to the site but I've had several hundred hits so you would think I would sell one or two at least.

Something fishy is going on in my opinion as well and I don't think I'm going to waste any more of my time with them.

Affiliate Manager
    Emails sent this AM
    If there are email issues, I reforwarded the contact information you requested to your email addresses at the following domains:

hotmail.com
    yahoo.com

Please let me know if you did not receive them and please fell free to contact CJ directly as well, I am hoping that will help them move quicker to resolve this issue ASAP.

Please let me know if there is anything else we can do to help facilitate this.

CJ is a critical part of our business and is a long-term program for us, we are not in the business of damaging that program and it is in our best interest to make sure it is working properly and everyone that is part of our program is paid when they send us registrations.

Thanks again for your patience.

Affiliate Manager
    MrAffiliate76
    MrAffiliate76,

Would you be able to let me know your publisher name in the CJ network? I will take a look and verify that all is OK with your reporting.

We are seeing quite a few transactions coming through CJ (and all of those are being paid out through CJ without any issues) and I want to make sure there are no issues with the links in your ads.

Thanks,

Jason

OH Finally got a response
    Hi Jason,
    Jeece ... thanks for responding. (finally) How coincidental an hour after my first post.

But Jason ...it's not 600 clicks ...it's 2,200 clicks. Remember, There's 3 of us (that I know of) who have been ignored by you. (for about a week now) E-mails unanswered, questions unanswered. I gave you my phone ...I got nothing from you !

Are you suggesting that 2,200 customer responses to your company resulted in zero conversions ? Would you be in business if your conversion rate was at zero ? Who would promote you ? How would you pay that Chicago heating bill ?

2,200 Customers ZERO COMMISSIONS ! Jason ...are you trying to find an excuse not to pay your debt ?

I'm also a little confused. When I initially complained about your company I got this message from CJ:

We regret to inform you that the Commission Junction advertiser Sittercity: Find Babysitter, Nanny, Petsitter or Housesitter has chosen to expire its affiliation with you effective 5-Feb-2007 (Maybe I wasn't suppose to say anything)

Jason, 2,200 Customers ....ZERO COMMISSIONS

This is a message I received from Commission Junction about what you have done...how you do business.

This was from Commission Junction to me ....

Dear Robert,

Thank you for contacting Client Support. It looks like Sittercity is changing their program terms and it is really up to you to accept those new terms or not. They will pay for the commissions that were generated before they change their term,

It looks to me like you're trying to get out of paying the people who put the cash in your pocket. You change your terms and use that as an excuse ?

Just a word in closing, when you said ..."you don't pay for clicks" Who said you did ? Just pay me the money I earned. (Jason ...ALL OF IT !)

Affiliate Manager
    Update/Follow-up
    I have sent you several emails with our CJ rep name, contact information and CJ incident number (shown in the earlier post) so you can verify they are working on resolving this for us, along with updates.

According to CJ, you have sent 637 clicks so I am not sure where you get 2,200 from, but it is not coming to Sittercity.com or going through CJ. And once again, we do not and cannot pay out on clicks, only conversions, as stated in the program terms and description that were presented to you prior to joining the program.

Our terms were updated, but the payout was not changed - we still pay $25 for each new Parent Registration. We added the wording - "Parent Registration" to the term itself to clarify confusion, like yours, and be clear we only pay for New Parent Registrations, not anything else. This is and has been clear in our Program Description and I wanted to make sure there was no further confusion for our affiliates.

You were invited to accept the new terms, but we still do not pay for clicks, as you are assuming.

All of our affiliates (over 1,000) accepted the change in term wording and the only issue has been yours, so I am assuming there is not an issue outside of yours.

As I have stated, we gladly pay out for Parent Registrations, but clicks that do not convert do not help us so if your clicks are not converting, we may not be a good fit for you.

Again, as soon as CJ can confirm you sent us any registrations, (please contact Robert, per my earlier message with the incident number) we will pay you in full if you did send us any registrations.

Once again, we apologize for the inconvenience.

Jason

Affiliate Manager
    Phone contact
    Sittercity.com did not receive any contact information for you outside of email addresses that do not seem to be read. I did send over my contact information, including direct phone number twice to you but have not received a call from you.

Also, if you can please let me know who else has an issue, we can address it, but we were not aware of any problems that any other affiliates were having, outside of the "three" mentioned by you.

Our contact information is accurate within our CJ profile and we reply to all inbound emails and calls we receive.

Since people seem to have issues with email or phone, they can also contact us directly through this thread, or can send me a PM through abestweb.com.

Please ...Sir, Pay your debt
    Jason,

I don't really care about your "1000 Happy Affiliates". I don't believe it anyway. You want to spin it that way... go ahead. You want to change your terms with Commission Junction 3 days after your program starts to avoid payments ...that's up to you.

You're not going to have "1000 Happy Affiliates" the way you do business. The way your program supposedly converts. No ... Please, just pay your debt. It will only hurt a minute. It's mine ...it's owed ... just pay it.

You've had every chance to contact me and get this resolved. You wait until an hour after I post in this forum to suddenly feel obligated to respond.

If you think terminating my agreement with you at CJ or changing the terms of the agreement is the solution to this ....It Ain't.... JUST PAY YOUR DEBT and prove you have some integrity by paying all of us the money we have earned.

Affiliate Manager
    This will be the last post here, until we get the CJ numbers and resolution - which we will - hopefully SOON.

1) You have been communicated to over 13 times via email.

2) You have not been terminated from our program.

3) Our terms for payout did not change, we only added the verbiage "Parent Registration" to the term itself (due to your confusion) - we did not change our program at all or payout parameters or the bounty. Our program has been, and is $25 for each new Parent Registration, we cannot and do not pay for clicks.

4) All 1,000+ affiliates were rolled to the new term (with revised verbiage only) and I received one question, no complaints or problems. The term's name was changed from "Sittercity Standard Bounty" to "New Parent Registration", the actual term itself was not changed and payout was not changed at all.

5) If you did send us any registrations you will be paid, as stated in our program clearly, we do not pay out on unless they register.

6) I am trying to get CJ to work faster, but unfortunately I do not work there so I cannot make them move any faster. I want this issue resolved just as much as you do.

7) I had not communicated that CJ would contact you directly, I had given you their contact information so you could contact them regarding the actual issue (in addition to my contacting them). I wish I could make them proactively contact you, but I cannot make that commitment for them.

8) CJ can be very, very slow responding and it can be frustrating. They have a great program, but are slow at resolving issues.

I am very sorry for all the hassle and am pushing them as much as I can on this matter.

Thanks again for your patience.

Jason

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Are you suggesting that 2,200 customer responses to your company resulted in zero conversions ?
    Depends on traffic quality...
    Highly targeted, should convert.
    Untargeted, could be 10,000 clicks or more before someone buys.

Then there's PPC sources, and they have varying quality:
    AdWords: Converts okay
    Yahoo: Converts okay
    GoClick: Doesn't convert, is often foreign traffic, and you wasted your money.

Thank You To The Leader
    Hello Sir,
    Thank you for your reply. I do understand about non-targeted traffic and although I may be listed as a "newbie' I've been a gambling affiliate for the past several years. I'm sure you probably are aware of the shenanigans that are wide spread in Internet Gambling and the horrors that affiliates have faced.

The customers I sent to Sitter City were ALL targeted to Parent Registration. The gentleman from Sitter City is playing it off otherwise and suggesting my traffic was babysitters signing up at his company. [B]That is Total Crap. A Total Lie. Absolutely Positively just his way to justify not paying his debt.

From the beginning he has admitted there were issues in tracking. Now he is saying there wasn't, only because he has changed his terms at CJ midstream and believes he has no obligation to pay.

He terminated me from the program because I spoke out. Pretty difficult to believe he would do that for any other reason. I had delivered 600 plus customers in two days and filled his pockets with cash. (he just doesn't want to pay for them) These customers were targeted ! The best money can buy.

After I *****ed about being terminated to CJ I received an e-mail from him ....oh it was a big mistake ...I was reinstated.

He's the only one who has authority to credit my account and I'm not going away until he does. (as much as he wants me to) Just like any "legitimate" company who signed an agreement at C.J. He has to be held accountable.

Affiliate Manager
    Wow
    Wow, this is nuts, we are waiting on CJ for the numbers, nothing is being withheld.

1) There was a tracking issue, hence the ticket with CJ. That has never been questioned. I am the one that told you about the issue and when it was corrected, along with all other Sittercity affiliates. CJ gave us an incorrect 'TYPE= id number' for our thank you page pixel, they are the only ones that can track down any "missing" transactions. They confirmed our tracking was working properly, but it was not.

2) I am sure your traffic converts, but until we get numbers from CJ, we cannot say if it has converted for Sittercity or not, hence the ticket with CJ.

3) You were not terminated or reinstated due to a threat - I told you it was an error and it was corrected within 1 minute of it happening, prior to you even noticing, and you were proactively communicated to by me about the issue and resolution. I received an email from you AFTER you were reinstated.

4) Nobody wants you to go away - if your traffic converts we want you in the program and will pay you. But, we need CJ to get those numbers for us, hence the ticket with CJ.

5) If you convert, we will pay you more than $25 per registration moving forward, but until CJ gives us the numbers, I cannot get you paid IF anyone converted.

6) Nobody at CJ has asked me to credit your account, or given me any numbers on what to credit you - I have no clue if -0- or all 637 of your clicks converted so there is no way to credit your account without those numbers that CJ has promised us.

Seriously, not sure what you think is going on, but we are doing all we can and the ball is with CJ and we need them to give us the numbers.

If I worked at CJ we would have the numbers by now, but I do not, so we are waiting on them.

I am not sure how I can be any more clear of forthcoming with this matter.

Thanks,

Jason

Please don't number your paragraphs
    Jason,

I thought you were done posting. At least you said you were earlier. Let me guess ....you're trying to leave that last impression.... or is it:

1. You're trying to make me look guilty for wanting what you've ignored doing.
    ie: paying your debt. Remember ... you're the one who isn't paying their tab.

2. You can even tell everyone just how happy your 1000 Affiliates are with your company. Who cares ? Who believes it ?

3. You can tell everyone how much effort you've made to settle this issue that's been ignored ....for how long Jason ? How long has this went on.

You can spin it anyway you want. You can try to make everyone reading this thread believe you have an honest program and that 2,200 customers came to your site and not a single one signed up and not a dollar of commission is owed.

The Problem is Jason ... None of it's true. (But you know that )

Response to e-mail from Sitter City ....
    Jason ...

You wrote:

Jason xxxxx wrote:

Question OK, if CJ cannot get us anything by Friday, how can we get this resolved?

Here's my answer Jason .... It's Now Friday. Plain and simple:

PAY YOUR DEBT

Wow, so I can go to all those merchants that I had lots of clicks for, that I feel were highly targeted clicks and demand payment even though there may not have been any sales?

I have had a lot of merchants that I though I would do well with, sent lots of clicks to and not one sale. You can't predict people's behavior. What you may feel is targetted may not be.

ABW Ambassador
    Jason, if I were in your position, I'd give up on this affiliate. He's rude, totally unprofessional and not worth your time. Do a Google search on his username. You'll see a pattern.

Affiliate Manager
    Bob - please contact my CJ Rep
    Bob,

I heard from my CJ rep again and it seems he nor anyone at CJ that he knows of has heard from Bob @ Pacific Sun.

Bob - I sent an email as well (but it seems you do not reply or receive my messages), but PLEASE contact my CJ rep to help push this through - here is his message to me:

-----------------------------

Sent Friday @ 12:18 PM CST:

Thanks for the notice Jason. I still haven't heard anything from the publisher yet. If you do not get a response from our Client Support team today regarding this issue, please let me know and I will make sure to expedite the process.

Thanks,

Robert

Seems to me sittercity is doing everything they can to try and resolve this.

Someone else seems to be on a rant about things not understood.

Just looking for some cash ...
    You know I'm just waiting to get paid.

I don't really care what anybody thinks about me. You can run google searches until the sun goes down and you won't find anything ugly about me.

I've got a law enforcement background and my son is a Police Detective. I own a half million dollar house. I got a Harley Davidson in my garage and a credit score of 812.

A question for You 10 cent Shills ....You got something better ?

I know one thing for certain ... I don't cheat anyone ... Never have Never Will. Jason how about you .... it's Friday ... Payday !

Anything else you want to know about me or my integrity ....Ask Away

I'm just like everyone else reading this ... I did my work ...I expect to be paid for it. If there is anyone who doesn't think that's fair.... speak right up and make a fool out of yourself.

Jason ... I don't get your post
    I don't understand your post. I don't even know what you're talking about. Bob@pacific sun What's that about ?

It seems that Jason is doing everything he can to see if the traffic converted and give credit where credit is due. Payday through CJ for any transactions in Feb won't be until March 20th or so, so payday isn't Friday and whether transactions are posted today or up until Feb 28th, they won't be actually paid until around March 20th.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast