Question New merchant using oscommerce?
    How easy/well is it to setup SAS for a new merchant that uses OSCommerce as it's shopping cart? Recommended or not?

You mean can SAS tracking work with an OSCommerce site?
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

http and a telephoto
    Yup... it can... and its not too hard to do. I prefer CreLoaded and ditch the internal affiliate tracking and use Shareasale instead

Zen Cart is good too.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Quote Originally Posted by loxly
    Zen Cart is good too.
    I run Zen Cart with SAS and have been extremely happy with it. It's based on the osCommerce code, so is very similar.

Take a look at both.

CreLoaded is just OSCommerce with the bells and whistles right? So is Zen. So basically OScommerce (based) site will work fine and pretty quick setup with SAS? That is what I am wondering. I don't want them to spend months setting something up, and want it to be pretty smooth transition.

Quote Originally Posted by nakedgamer
    I don't want them to spend months setting something up, and want it to be pretty smooth transition.
    SAS has specific 'instructions' for merchant setups with osCommerce, CreLoaded, and Zen Cart (and a multitude more). It's specific code and the exact files to change.

It took me all of 3 minutes to setup.

http and a telephoto
    ZenCart is based on osCommerce, but has a different code base now, it is what is referred to as a fork. It started the same but has a different development team and is developing it's own specific code.

CRE Loaded is osCommerce on steriods, much of which is needed for a good ecommerce site. There are a number of beneficial modules already installed so that you don't have to do it manually or hire a programmer to upgrade it. Of course you can use straight out of the box osCommerce, but I highly recommend CRE Loaded, and actually am working with them to possibly start offering some deals for the upgraded packages. There is a free version available, so am not sure why you would use the regular osCommerce. The other difference between CRE Loaded and Zen, is that CRE Loaded will follow the upgrade path that osCommerce itself does, so any osCommerce modules you want to add in the future will work with CRE Loaded.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

I have done many CreLoaded installs. It's pretty easy. Sometimes there are bugs in the current version. Usually, the solution is in the CreLoaded forum. 6.2 Patch 9 has a bug in the shop by price module. There is a solution in the forum.

Affiliate Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by nakedgamer
    How easy/well is it to setup SAS for a new merchant that uses OSCommerce as it's shopping cart? Recommended or not?
    I highly recommend OScommerce. Although we have stuck with the stock template to date we have a highly modified version of OScommerce. The beauty of the platform is if you have a good programmer you can get it to do just about anything you want from SEO hacks to order processing hacks. We have been extremely happy with it to date and we owe a big part of our continued success to oscommerce. If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread