A. B. Lambdin and Carabella?
    Had anybody else heard that these 2 were being discontinued? I haven't received any email telling me that they were or anything. I also, have Food Network as discontinued when I thought they had been discontinued quite a while ago. Also, have Bedford Fair Lifestyles as being reactivated but never knew they were deactivated.

Tax Paying Member
    Did not receive any announcement here............

A few days ago, I was replacing a merchant on one of my sites where I also have Carabella displayed and discovered that they are no longer active.

Needless to say.............I replaced 2 merchants.

It's a shame. I liked their products. They displayed well and actually sold on occasion (I got paid), but their links had a way of "dying" unexpectedly.....What I mean is that their point of connection would change.
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

I wrote to the email addresses in the LS system for their AMs to see what I could learn, but one email bounced and the other hasn't been replied to...
    Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -- Homer Simpson

There was an email from Linkshare, saying check your merchant status update, and the email also listed the programs mentioned, Carabella, Foodnetwork and Lambldin.

I usually check that report at least once a week anyway, whether i get an email or not, just to be sure i notice anyone that has been put on hold, discontinued, etc. Always a good idea.

Tax Paying Member
    I did get a note about Bedford Fair being deactivated.

Got another note this morning that they were reactivated and that I was again an affiliate in good standing.

Problem is that I removed their links along with Carabella.........Never did make a sale on this one.
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

Hmm thanks everybody for replying. Nope, I never did get any emails about any of them. I've had 1 sale from Bedford lol so I had kept them just in case lol I've had a lot of clicks from the other two but only a couple of sales that were reversed cos of the cookie duration. Since they do have some nice stuff and got the clicks I kept them but cos of the cookie duration I moved them farther down on the page. lol Guess they'll be moving off the page now completely. lol

skishore2006 - yeap I agree with ya and do the same. I check it every day to be sure I don't miss something but only saw them on the list as of today. It is soooo frustrating when they're on the list and you remove them only to have them reactivated again. lol

Not sure it really matters to anybody but as usual....sites have a way of popping up in the reactivated list after I've removed them. lol So...Carabella and A. B. Lambdin are reactivated again. lol

ABW Ambassador
    I'm so frustrated. I had several really good ab lamdin pages full of ipls. I deleted them -and didn't keep copies off is some safe directory. Now they're reactivated. I just can't get into the mood to redo all those links. They had been making some coin though. But I just don't feel it right now. Maybe over the weekend.

Yup, Sure ... now let me check ... Cagles Mill's Avatar
    I'm so frustrated. I had several really good ab lamdin pages full of ipls. I deleted them -and didn't keep copies off is some safe directory. Now they're reactivated. I just can't get into the mood to redo all those links.
    Is there any chance you can find the cached file of those pages in one of the search engines?

I have made goofs where I totally messed up one or more pages both on my computer and on the uploaded version. In those cases I have gone to one of the search engines, found the site, clicked on the cache view, clicked "view source" in my browser, then copied and pasted the old info back into my pages. It has saved me some major headaches.
    Rick M.
    I would rather have a bottle in front of me, than have a frontal lobotomy!
    Does your bubblegum lose its flavor on the bedpost overnight?

ABW Ambassador
    Good Thinking Cagles Mill. I will do that now. Thanks a bunch.

ABW Ambassador
    Unfortunately the cached pages were too old. The really frustrating thing is that I updated those pages just a day or two before AB Lamdin went inactive. So it was the entire spring line was on them.

Ha!, so thats why my food-network links haven't been working.

ABW Ambassador
    Okay, so now I'm totally fed up with these merchants.

A.B. Lamdin was reinstated by LS and I redid their links. Now I'm getting a message that Carabella has been deactivated.

Does this mean that A.B. Lamdin is also a gonner. That everything is fine.

Do you think anyone from the two companies or Linkshare will bother to answer on a Friday afternoon or within a week or two. Probably not.

I have learned not to rip out pages without backing them up. But I now have a bunch of A.B. Lamdin commissions and would like to know if I'm going to get paid.

LS Mod want to jump in here, with something more than contact the affiliate manager?

Tax Paying Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Lily
    Okay, so now I'm totally fed up with these merchants.

A.B. Lamdin was reinstated by LS and I redid their links. Now I'm getting a message that Carabella has been deactivated.

Does this mean that A.B. Lamdin is also a gonner. That everything is fine.

Do you think anyone from the two companies or Linkshare will bother to answer on a Friday afternoon or within a week or two. Probably not.

I have learned not to rip out pages without backing them up. But I now have a bunch of A.B. Lamdin commissions and would like to know if I'm going to get paid.

LS Mod want to jump in here, with something more than contact the affiliate manager?
    By chance, have you picked up on an old e-mail.? I have not received any notification of Carabella being deactivated. I just checked LinkShare and all seems well.

Maybe I am not in the information loop, but where one goes the other is sure to follow.
    Carolina China

Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Lily
    Unfortunately the cached pages were too old.
    Did you try here?

http://www.archive.org/web/web.php

ABW Ambassador
    Thank you for your suggestion Witzer. I am red faced.

The email was current, but I confused my deactivated merchant list with my reactivated merchant list. HSN was deactivated. Carabella is showing on my re-activated list. Got my lists (and dates) mixed up.

Off to write a letter of explanation to the am, and relink my pages. At least I always back up now!

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread