I have this one site that has had only a dozen or so visitors a month for the last year. I've been very patient with it. Well, all of a sudden it had several CJ sales. I rushed to check the visitor stats and, WOW, it has gone from a dozen visitors a month to hundreds. Thank you Google God.

I suppose Google will now want my first born child as sacrafice. Hmmm, giving Google my 15 year old son who just got his driving permit in exchange for sales. I'll have to think abou this one. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Ron
    7 Days A Week Marketing

"Keep your hands out of my cookie jar!"

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    Gives me reason to be more patient with one of my smaller sites.
    I have one that doesnt receive a whole pile of visitors, but every now and then a sale comes through whiuch justifies leaving it up and running. Haven't spend piles of time as it just sort of stays the same for visitors no matter what I do. It still makes more than one other site which takes up way too much work.

It was so cold last winter that I saw a lawyer with his hands in his own pockets.

ABW Ambassador
    I know how it feels. One of my recently built sites went from 40+ visitors a day last months to 300+ visitors a day since last Google update. Now I think it is time to go back and Goolgemise the rest of the pages at that site.

Andy Williams

Keyword DARTs - New search engine optimization software
    http://www.affiliate-masters.co.uk/k...timization.htm

Rest assured I spent hours last night updating links and making sure all were working on this site that Google has discovered.

Well, it paid off. Got a nickle from ebay this morning. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Now that Google has found this site, should I start adding more pages, perhaps break things down in to subsections? Love to hear ABWer's thoughts on this. The site currently has about 12 pages, but I could easily double that.

Ron
    7 Days A Week Marketing

ABW Ambassador
    I would write more pages if you have more products related to the site. Optimize them carefully and link to them from the homepage. Wait for Google to come and get them.

Andy Williams

Keyword DARTs - New search engine optimization software
    http://www.affiliate-masters.co.uk/k...timization.htm

Affiliate Manager AffiliateBuddha's Avatar
    Google God .. lol

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

WECOME TO THE END,
    SATAN.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I would write more pages if you have more products related to the site. Optimize them carefully and link to them from the homepage. Wait for Google to come and get them. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Andy, your suggestion above indicates I should link them to the home page. Is that the "best" place for links for Google to find? I put link menus up and down both sides of my pages, usually put specific product listings on the left of each page and company links on the right of each page. Is Google seeing any of this on the other pages, or do they just look at the home page.

Also, if anyone knows, will listing some of my other URLs on a web site home page increase my chances of Google finding these other websites? What is the real secret to getting Google to find you? It took over a year for this one site.

Ron
    7 Days A Week Marketing

lets just hope they don't go pay per click

I could type much better if I had knuckles

My key tip.. keep the site structure as FLAT as possible to maximise the spread of PigeonRank uh PageRank.

Oh yes, and if you don't have the Google toolbar, go get it because that's what will teach you most about how pagerank works.

Dynamoo.com - CreepyGuy - Poozleanimus

ABW Ambassador
    they are already PPC for adwords. Don't think google will ever go 100% ppc, though.

What is a Google Bar?

Ron
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Surely they even have Google Toolbars in Nebraska?

dynamoo.com - geeky stuff for umm geeks.

Download google toolbar at:

http://toolbar.google.com/

make sure you choose "advanced"

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]
    Anne

By your thoughts you are daily, even hourly, building your life.
    You are carving your destiny.
    ~Ruth Barrick Golden

It really irks me that the Googlebar is not available for Macs. Do you think that if enough of us MacFanatics kvetched about it, that they would create a version for us?

J

I am also glad to see google on the web. I have a site JJgaming.com that was only getting about 75 hits a month. When I listed the site with Google it now gets over 250,000 hits per month. Mostly from about 150,000 of those hits are from the Google search engines. Thanks to Google.

http://www.JJGaming.com

ABW Ambassador
    You know you are on your way when Google only represents 40% of your total search engine traffic.

Search Engine Positioning - 1 Design 4 Life

Google and yahoo.google.com represents over 30% of my SE traffic.

Dynamoo - Sorry, the corn is so high here in Nebraska I can't see anything, especially a Google Tool bar.

Thanks for the info.

Ron
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Sounds like another goal for me, Markymark. Google is still my major traffic source.

I also used to think the flat site structure helped, but some experiments that blew up in my face indicated that if you work your distribution to sub-directories carefully, google likes them a lot.

- - - - -
    42. Yup, the answer to life, the universe, and everything.

I like googlebot and he likes me, and as long as it stays that way I am happy. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Could you tell me how come Google shows 0 links to my home page now but when you click the link that says "pages that mention mydomain.com" there are 352?

And where do you all find your "Page Rank" number? All I see is the green bar. On the "current page" there is just a little bit of green, and on the Cached Page the bar is 1/2 green.

I've never done much with my home page as the inner pages are the ones that matter to me, and all my hits to those came from Google back before LinkPop counted. Now Google doesn't even show those as being listed when I enter mydomain.com in the tool bar or Link:mydomain.com

I'd like to do "serious link exchanges" but will what shows on that Green bar affect other sites wanting to change links with me?

At MarketLeap it's in "Average Presence", has over 2,000 links to me total, but 0 of those are Google, at Alexa my rank is currently 601,000, FWIW. Not great but there's a lot worse. &lt;g&gt;

Categories I could put outbound links on are toys, other kids stuff, baby products, software, sports. They're all affiliate sites.

I'm really confused about how to start this, this late in the game. I hate links on pages that say "Links" because joining a link farm years ago doomed me then and am afraid of getting on those kinds of link pages again.

Sorry this is so long - but I'm confused and need help on just what to do. Is there an "advice" thread about this here?

Bernie

ABW Ambassador
    On the main page of Google Download Google toolbar. and in there is Page Rank, just slid your mouse over the green, and there will be a number 4 or 5 or 0 or 7 or whatever.

------------------------------------------------------------Minds are like parachutes - they only function when open. Thomas Dewar

22. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread