Thread: 'Affiliate Manager Book': New Reviews

Lightbulb 'Affiliate Manager Book': New Reviews
    Starting a thread to publish new book reviews for "A Practical Guide To Affiliate Marketing" here at ABW.

I will be posting the ones I receive by e-mail (with the permission of their authors, of course), but if you have your own ones you want to post here, please be my guest!! I will also be picking some (if not most) for the Reviews page.

Thank you,

Geno

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I just received your book yesterday, and it took me all of a day to get through it! Your book has been exactly what I've been looking for. I've been an affiliate manager for about a year now, and felt like I was missing something. I now feel that I have the tools necessary to make my affiliate program what I believe it can be. Thanks again for writing such a great book!

- Aimee Hansen, Affiliate Manager, ZapTel Corporation

Finally a definitive guide for affiliate managers and those considering starting an affiliate program. Geno has not only done his homework and research in putting this guide together, but his wisdom and hands on experience is evident in every chapter.

As an outsourced program manager, I find the guide to be a great reference tool and always keep it handy. Whether I am developing a new bonus campaign, working with datafeeds or considering how to communicate something to merchants or affiliates, I often find myself grabbing Geno’s book to see if there is something relevant there. Even with my many years of experience I can honestly say I found new information and ideas in the book I had not considered before.

Ron B., OPM, 7 Days A Week Marketing

Last edited by Ron Bechdolt; February 13th, 2007 at 06:22 PM.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

I enjoyed this book quite a bit. It was an easy read. Geno’s insight into
    taking time to develop a quality TOS was meaningful, but I most enjoyed his ideas of
    how to spark interest among affiliates in pushing your product. Geno’s examples
    helped open my mind to some of the possibilities of affiliate management, and
    provided a strong springboard in the development of my own unique ideas.

I bought this book as place I could start in learning about how to manage an
    affiliate program. I'm looking to launch my own program soon, and am trying to
    acquire as much knowledge as I can about the subject before I drop a considerable
    investment (in time and finances) in the project. Needless to say, I will keep “A
    Practical Guide to Affiliate Marketing” close by, and plan on rereading it a couple
    of times prior, during, and post launch.

Thank you very much for the valuable resource.

- Chris Sturgill, Affiliate Manager, FreeQuotesWorld.com

Chris Sturgill
    "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals." - H. Simpson

A Practical Guide to Affiliate Marketing is a must read for anyone running an affiliate program! The tips and advice Geno provides will help affiliate managers run more effective programs and avoid costly mistakes. If you’re contemplating launching an affiliate program this book will save you time, money, and frustration. If your existing affiliate program isn’t getting the results you had hoped for, you’ll find tons of ideas that will help you get the most out of your program. Even if you’re a seasoned affiliate manager, you’re bound to pick up several priceless nuggets.

- Michael Coley, Founder, Amazing-Bargains.com

Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Affiliate Manager

A Practical Guide to Affiliate Marketing" is a must have for new and veteran affiliate managers alike. Not only does Geno provide valuable information, the book's layout allows you to easily navigate to the steps that may be most helpful to your stage in the affiliate learning process. Those new to the field will find all the tips needed to get off to a strong start while avoiding the mistakes most managers learn on the job. Geno even provides real life applications that you can copy right from the book and adapt to your own programs needs. This is one resource every AM should keep right in their desk draw.

- Bob Drumm, Affiliate Manager, ACLens.com

Affiliate Manager

"A Practical Guide to Affiliate Marketing" by Geno Prussakov shows affiliate managers how to set up programs and keep them operating at profitable levels. Geno displays his vast knowledge of the affiliate marketing game in an easy to understand manual for affiliate managers. "A Practical Guide to Affiliate Marketing" offers insightful tips and advice on avoiding classic affiliate marketing pitfalls that can affect even the most experienced affiliate manager. Affiliate managers will find Geno’s advice on recruiting and retention of affiliates useful and easy to implement in their affiliate programs. Affiliate managers and affiliates alike, if you want to learn more about the ins-and-outs of affiliate marketing, read Geno Prussakov’s "A Practical Guide to Affiliate Marketing".

- Brian Free - Denver Fabrics

Here's another big fan of the book. I had the book out and was sitting here working. I looked up and she had taken the book, climbed up into the other recliner (like the one Daddy works in!), and was "reading" it!

Attached Images Attached Images
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Too sweeeeeet.

Thank you for posting these, Michael!!

Geno

Great pics, Michael. Made me chuckle in a good and inspiring way!
    Chris Sturgill
    "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals." - H. Simpson

Affiliate Manager
    Such a well written book! I finished reading this book in 2 sittings. It was very easy to follow, and shoots straight from the hip in its delivery of how to manage a successful affiliate program. I recommend this book for anyone starting an affiliate program for their business, as well as to anyone who has been taking advantage of having an affiliate program for a long time. I have already been recommending it among my peers as a “Required” read if they wish to enhance the depth of their already existing programs.

Kudos to you, Geno, and thanks for writing it all down!

Talking
    some beautiful pictures Made me smile!

All the best Geno!
    [B][URL=http://ablogfullofgames.blogspot.com/]Blog Games[/URL]
    [URL="http://fractalenlightenment.blogspot.com"][COLOR="Red"]Our Blog[/COLOR][/URL][/B]

Hello Geno,

I was looking more for a discussion and not a review, but this is the closest thing I found. IMHO this book was missing images, graphs, samples, pics of ads, etc. I don’t think there is one picture in the entire book. Also, a lot of books related to the internet industry have a companion website and a blog that goes with it. Not only to sell more books, but also assist readers with updated info, downloads, and additional resources.

Are you working on a second edition?

Thank you for your feedback. Someone else has mentioned the lack of images, charts, printscreens, etc back about a year ago. I'll definitely include them wherever appropriate in the second edition.

Geno

I've been watching this book and your other one in my WishList on Amazon. Looks great, I'm saving my pennies...

Does it cover recruitment in depth? I'd imagine you could do an entire book just on recruitment & it would sell huge.

Fastcart if you would like after I finish it I can send it to you. I should get it on monday. I am being serious. Geno Can you sign mine?

Quote Originally Posted by fastcart12
    Does it cover recruitment in depth?
    Not in depth, no. It is more of an introductory manual for affiliate managers and merchants.

Quote Originally Posted by jodyq
    Geno Can you sign mine?
    Sure. If you send your copy to me with a self-addressed pre-paid envelope, I'll happily sign it for you, Jody. E-mail me if you want to do this.

Geno

As a newcomer to the world of affiliate marketing, I made reading Practical Guide my first order of business and am glad I did. Geno Prussakov has written a helpful, readable and most of all useful book for getting acquainted with all of the basic topics.
    I read the book as an aspiring affiliate program manager and quickly saw that I was saving myself a lot of headaches by doing so. Geno has summarized years of hard-learned lessons and outlined the path to building a successful program.
    The book didn't take long at all to read and I now feel comfortable planning our own affiliate program. I find my self going back to it frequently for quick references and ideas and I will continue to keep it close at hand.
    For anyone looking for a clear, applicable primer on affiliate marketing, Practical Guide is highly recommended.

Matt Hamilton, MagnetStreet Milestones

19. Newsletter Signup