Questions
    I have some basic questions since I am new to this. Could you help me?
    I sell certain things with a certain company and am affiliated with them.
    I also have my own website for other things and am incorporating the things I sell into it. Since it is my website, can I sell other companies things there? They would be competing?
    If so, then am I to understand that I could sell anything, even unrelated to these companies? Is that how affiliation works? This is a huge learning curve but if this is the case it really changes things. I hope I made sense for you.
    Thank you
    Barbara

ABW Ambassador
    Are you actually selling something on your site or just promoting a merchant or their products on your site?

But on your affiliate site, you can put whatever merchants you want on them. It's rare that a merchant would have a problem with that.

Hi Thanks for answering me.
    On one site that belongs to another company, I am selling my things, and it should only have links to its own merchants.
    But on my own site I have links to the other site and other people affiliated with it. On this one (mine), then I can link to any merchant that I want, right?
    Thank you
    Barbara

One thing you can do first is to check your agreement with the merchant. If there is an agreement that says you are to exclusively promote their site, then i advise you abide with it.
    If not, then you are free to go about promoting other brands in your website.
    But, as a by note, i suggest to try to join Affiliates Network like CJ, Linkshare and AffilateBOT as this would help you maximize your earning potential by providing valuable programs and a comprehensive accounting of your transactions.

Thank you
    Thank you for the information. I will check the agreement better, there is a lot of paperwork. Sometimes I wonder if I sold my first born (I'm joking). And I'll look in to those sites that you mentioned.
    Thanks again,
    Barbara

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread