Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Amazon's affiliate program has collapsed
    It appears that Amazon's affiliate program has experienced a collapse. Their forums are being inundated with posts complaining that the entire month of January has not been tracked. A whole month a complete wash. Links are being removed. Bye bye amazon.

Can any ABW-ers verify this??

I did pretty well in Jan, but I've been seeing a lot of reporting delays.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

I've had dismal results from Amazon links during the last month, and both impressions and clicks went way down. Zero sales so far in 2007.

ABW Ambassador
    Working great for me. Normal january. Their forums look normal as well, some complaints about delays in reports but i have never seen their forums not have that complaint thread active.

Amazon's Associate Program is running just fine
    Amazon hasn't experienced any meltdown that I'm aware of. Nor are their discussion forums being "inundated" with posts about reporting issues -- there are a handful of posts, including at least one that seems to be from the same fellow who just posted here.

January data did "disappear" from the home-page summary of sales, because Amazon switched from quarterly to monthly payment cycles. Earlier in February, the Associate Center "Home and Reports" page still showed "quarter to date" numbers, which resulted in incorrect computations, which I and others complained about in the Amazon forums. Amazon has fixed that now, so that only the current month's sales are shown (this is on the "Home and Reports" page, which is the first page you see after logging in to the Associate Center -- the other report pages were always correct).

Yes, there have been some reporting delays this month, but that's not unusual for Amazon -- there are always several days per month when reports are not updated.

I continue to see multiple item sales reported every single day, continuing at the same strong level that I've seen since I revamped my "teaching" web site which drives most of my Amazon sales. When I select "last month" in the reports system, I can see my January sales, and none of the transactions previously reported have disappeared.

15 years and counting
    It appears that Amazon's affiliate program has experienced a collapse. Their forums are being inundated with posts complaining that the entire month of January has not been tracked. A whole month a complete wash. Links are being removed. Bye bye amazon.
    What a dramatic title.
    I had a look at their forum. Where are all the posts complaining about January?
    I had a look at my account for January. Overall it looks normal. I've two days with inflated Clicks & Unique Visitors: 2007/01/09 & 2007/01/10. Seems they had some delay and then catch up.
    My conversion rate is normal.
    I signed up with amazon in 1995 and since 1996 I don't remember a day without a sale. They are the most stable program I know about (not the greatest). I'm not an heavy promoter, it's just a side business for me but I don't think they are ready to collapse. Are you sure the problem is not coming from you?

USMC going to be Nick-Named "Chicken Little"?

usmc
    Chicken Little

Sky is falling nowhere that I know of. Amazon is cool with sales.
    Last edited by Allen Nance; February 10th, 2007 at 02:44 PM.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Amazon is working just fine, thank you.

Sure, reports are delayed but that's nothing new.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Lightbulb
    can't see much difference; they're still producing for those who know how.

for two days in January there was a 3rd-party reporting problem but that's all cleared up now.

Still wish the cookie was more than 24 hours, though . . . .

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    I think we call it cut and run Allen!!
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Any time you see a post with such a controversial title which is not supported by any documented or otherwise factual evidence it comes from someone with a particular ax to grid or some other agenda (such as a competitor creating an account and trying to discredit their competition).

Yes, reports are coming in late, but there is nothing new about that. You can see detailed tracking of daily times when Amazon reports have posted over the last 30 days on my site:

http://affiliatebrand.com/Amazon/Reports.aspx

You can see that there were a couple of days of late reports but for the most part they are posting much earlier than the expected 9am PST.

If you would like to receive an instant email alert the moment Amazon reports post, you can sign up at the URL I just listed. This will alleviate the need for you to keep visiting Amazon Associates Central. It's a new free service that I have launched recently and has a large number of subscribers already.

Other than that, Amazon Associates have recently launched their very successful aStore, an effort that I had the pleasure of leading. They have also introduced gift certificates as a new item for which affiliates can receive commission on. Lastly, they just moved to a monthly payment structure. And don't forget the Omakase links which launched last year as well.

The program is alive and well and is not just a successful program but is contributing significantly to Amazon's $10+ Billion annual revenue stream.

Gene Kavner, Former World-Wide Director, Amazon Associates, 2005-2006
    Blog: http://Blog.AffiliateBrand.com
    Tools: http://AffiliateBrand.com

just check the report, seems normal

do you know the $15 check processing fee apply to int'l affiliate or not ?

Based on the message on Associates Central, this fee only affects US-based Associates.

Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    January was a horrid month for me at Amazon and so far this month has pretty much sucked so far, but I am not convinced that they are having a problem.
    ~Michelle
    "All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."
    "Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

Affiliate Summit Guy Shawn Collins's Avatar
    Just checked my stats for Jan and they are very typical for me, too.
    Affiliate Summit - Las Vegas on January 10-12, 2016

ABW Ambassador
    Not having any problems either.

Jan. and Feb. is always a bit slower for me but Sales seem normal for this time of year.

Next weeks episode...

ebay has collapsed!

Seriously, in any forum there can be a rush of posts with concern. It's good to look at the over all picture before causing a panic. The more appropriate to have stated this post would probably be more of an inquiring questions than a dooms day statement.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

As Gene suggested, the very first post made clear that the author was someone with an anti-Amazon agenda. He was not seeking help, nor did he care that his claims were untrue -- he simply wanted to trash Amazon and encourage others to panic, remove links, or at least become concerned by this distraction. His claims were easily proven to be untrue.

That's why the second post was from someone asking "Can any ABW-ers verify this?" -- since the first post was from a stranger, and was so clearly biased.

I must admit that when I did reply to "debunk" this post (almost an hour after it was posted), I felt uncomfortable posting at all under a thread title that was so provocative and false. I wish there were a way to alter the discussion-thread title when replying, so that when my post appeared, it did not "bump" the abusive topic heading but instead replaced it with a more accurate headline.

Mark, I agree with your last comment.

However, I also believe that anyone who sees this heading and reviews the thread will see that the heading is false. The Internet is the ultimate equalizer and information is transparent. Anyone wishing to falsely discredit anyone is likely to have his/her statements backfire on them. So, I wouldn't worry too much about contributing to the high-ranking of this thread.

My January for Amazon was better than December. Go figure.

People who are seeing problems with their sales should probably check their traffic stats. Google did some updates in January that could have affected their traffic.
    There's good, fast and cheap. Pick any two.
    [url=http://www.topranksolutions.com]Phoenix SEO[/url] :: [url=http://www.tech-evangelist.com/category/affiliate-marketing/]Affiliate Marketing Tutorials[/url]

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Tech "Evangelist"?? I love it, and "Beeker" avatar - way cool Tech!!

BTW - I had fewer clicks on G today than I usually have for a Sunday, so I'd conclude G has collapsed too! I'm sure it'll be in the news tomorrow, I just wanted to give everyone a heads up!
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

january was normal for me at amazon also
    Heidi
    "Happy are those who dream dreams and are willing to pay the price to make them come true"

ABW Ambassador
    I would love to put some Amazon up, but have always had a signing in problem because of some mix-up with my customer account (I'm a fairly regular Amazon shopper) so haven't been able to get links.

I've got a site that's perfect for Amazon - in fact, a couple would be, and it's a shame because they're *not* commercial sites. I won't ever turn them into "affiliate" sites as such, but books (and software) are different and those sites aren't making any $ at all, but could be.

Quote Originally Posted by ALH - AmeritrustRx
    Tech "Evangelist"?? I love it, and "Beeker" avatar - way cool Tech!!
    What do you mean? That's my drivers license photo!
    There's good, fast and cheap. Pick any two.
    [url=http://www.topranksolutions.com]Phoenix SEO[/url] :: [url=http://www.tech-evangelist.com/category/affiliate-marketing/]Affiliate Marketing Tutorials[/url]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast