Payment time
    cj.com

When does it do paying?

Looking at my history for several months, the payments have always been sent between the 18th and the 22nd of the month.

Also read the sticky about why balance goes up and down right now.

CJ locked this morning, and they pay out on the 20th like clockwork.

I have also not received any "sorry, we can't pay you until the merchant pays us" excuses from them for not paying either - they just pay, which tells me they manage the program pretty well (unlike another network I'm working with who I'm still waiting for payment from last year's commissions for this very reason).

Almost like clockwork, but pretty darn close. Just thought I'd mention this as this newbie may panic when he does not get his money on the 20th. In most cases affiliates seem to get their money deposited into their accounts around the 22nd, give or take. Not sure when people get checks and overseas is an entirely different story.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Rick,

Your right, LS's pay schedule is that they pay once they get paid and what you might not know is that so is CJ's but the difference is that CJ requires merchants to have monies in their account during the month and their balance can never reach zero. So if merchant x currently has $5000 in its account and in 1 week they have $4000 in commission then they need to put money in quickly so they don't go below zero. The way LS works is that at the end of the month LS bills merchant, merchant takes 30-60 days to pay LS then LS pays affiliates. I could be wrong but this is what I've heard from different AM's If I'm wrong please feel free to correct me.

Last month was a bit late for me. I wrote them an email and they cut the check next day. :P on 29th.

Quote Originally Posted by crash629
    Rick,

Your right, LS's pay schedule is that they pay once they get paid and what you might not know is that so is CJ's but the difference is that CJ requires merchants to have monies in their account during the month and their balance can never reach zero. So if merchant x currently has $5000 in its account and in 1 week they have $4000 in commission then they need to put money in quickly so they don't go below zero. The way LS works is that at the end of the month LS bills merchant, merchant takes 30-60 days to pay LS then LS pays affiliates. I could be wrong but this is what I've heard from different AM's If I'm wrong please feel free to correct me.
    That's what I suspected, which makes CJ a lot more attractive to me.

Thanks for the info.

Yes I find it nice too but once your in the game for a while it works the same, you just get your checks about a month later (hopefully, sometimes longer) I do wish LS had a similar policy compared to CJ for merchants paying them but hey, it's their business. But as an accountant there's not much better than having companies with money in an account vs. having to have A/R and worry about collection. You'll find that all the different sites have their pro's and con's. Just spend an hour reading through this forum and you'll find most of them.

GL

programmes= mozy and test and vote

locked 73 extended 52 $

cj a lot of bad

bank transfers versus checks
    I'm curious to know if commissions are normally bank transferred earlier (on the 20th) but checks are sent out later by mail. I received last months check at the first of the month by mail.

Seems like it's faster to be paid by bank transfers ...?

I would think that in most, if not every case, bank transfers would indeed be faster than mailing a check (even if they were issued on the same day). Someone will probably come up with scenarios when they are not but I can't think of any.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread