Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Unhappy Toys2Wish4.com Gone?
    Hiya All,

Can someone enlighten me to what Toys2Wish4.com is up too? Are they gone?

Peace,
    Lee

I pulled their links a few weeks back and they were off line a few week befor that. I never made much if anything from them so I should have pulled them last year. Did you have many sales with them?

Unhappy
    Yes, I was doing well with them. A shame they're gone. It would be nice to get a forewarning that programs are dying so we don't waste our time on programs that aren't serious.

Peace,
    Lee

Why not send them an email asking if they plan on keeping their affiliate program? I did not do that since I was not doing much from them in the first place. Let me know if they reply to your email.

Unhappy
    I'm revamping some of my sites, so I don't know if I will even bring them back up since there seems to be so many issues with them?! So many other reliable companies why waste the time. It's also odd they never respond to any of the posts made about them.

Peace,
    Lee

I wish that Shareasale would "push" the information to us when a retailer is gone.

I have found that toys2wish4 has some of their products on amazon.com.

Unhappy
    Yes, I agree, some sort of alert email that says they're offline would be nice.

hum.... Brian care to pipe in here?

Peace,
    Lee

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    This merchant has gone off line more than they convert - serious bad news. I pulled them a long time ago. But they did have products I could have sold had they been decent.

This is one of the "cut your losses and run" moments. They have proven to be unreliable far too long.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Unhappy
    Yeah, kinda sad really. Maybe we should offer to take it over for them

Peace,
    Lee

Quote Originally Posted by dreamerscove
    Yeah, kinda sad really. Maybe we should offer to take it over for them

Peace,
    Lee
    Sure wish someone with a brain would take it over.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

Amen!

Peace,
    Lee

Update - They are back online. I called them and they fixed it straight away. I guess we will have to see if it remains viable.

Peace,
    Lee

ABW Ambassador
    Are they back online on Auto Deposit? If not, you guys are suckers for putting links back up.

I will not be putting their links back on any of my sites.

Quote Originally Posted by kse
    I will not be putting their links back on any of my sites.
    same here - they'll just go offline again way too soon. Don't need the agro.

If they were interested in maintaining a good affiliate program, they'd be on top of it. They go off line way too often to take them seriously.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

Hi,
    My name is Jan and I am the owner of Toys 2 Wish 4.com. I apologize for the delay in replenishing our account and putting in a new credit card. It had expired and I was so busy with holiday business and reordering, etc. that I let it lapse. I appreciate you all bringing this to my attention. Rest assured, I am set up with Auto Deposit and will not let it lapse in the future. This past Christmas was the only other time I remember that I let it lapse. I had my hands full and have put one of my employees on monitoring our Share A Sale affiliates for any issues in the future. Thanks for your help and participation.

Quote Originally Posted by janla2112
    Hi,
    My name is Jan and I am the owner of Toys 2 Wish 4.com. I apologize for the delay in replenishing our account and putting in a new credit card. It had expired and I was so busy with holiday business and reordering, etc. that I let it lapse. I appreciate you all bringing this to my attention. Rest assured, I am set up with Auto Deposit and will not let it lapse in the future. This past Christmas was the only other time I remember that I let it lapse. I had my hands full and have put one of my employees on monitoring our Share A Sale affiliates for any issues in the future. Thanks for your help and participation.
    Janla, you have a program that could generate huge business if it was run properly. Instead of having an employee watch the program, hiring an experienced program manager would go a long way toward re-building trust with your affiliate partners.

Your program has been offline more than twice, otherwise I and many others who work with you would not be so flipped out. I could be sending you loads of highly targeted traffic but have removed all links to your site as I find them and do not feel that replacing them is justified unless someone who knows the affiliate channel well is over-seeing your program.

Any OPM you find at ABW would do well for you. Please think about it.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

I fully agree with Rexanne, I promoted Toys 2 Wish 4.com the same way I did for other Toy Companies and made very little with this program. I have other Toy company I promote and make alot of sales. And I have one Toy Company that I make alot of $$$ from and they do not even provide a datafeed and they are my number 3 merchant are far as commission goes.

I am happy to see that Jan is at least giving some attention to their program. I had also removed all links and will probably put some back up but cautiously.

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Jan, I had a lot of hope for your affiliate program. Most of us have been burned by toy merchants in the past but because your program was run through SAS I decided to give you a try. I took your links down from my sites a long time ago and it will take some convincing for me to reinstate them.

In addition to the fact that your program has gone offline several times with SAS there is the additional concern that your site is leaky (sends my visitors off to god-knows-where when they should be buying from YOUR store with my affiliate cookie).

I agree with Rexanne. You and your staff aren't equipped to run your own affiliate program, that has become quite evident. You need to at least consult with an OPM to find out what a qualified affiliate manager can do for you. You will make a lot more money if you hire a qualified OPM and then do what they tell you. That leaves you with the time you need to run a toy store, which I assume is where your talents lie.

We really do want the best for you and Toys 2 Wish 4 because we need a good toy merchant to work with.

Wow, I never noticed all the links before, they have a page full of links at toys2wish4 . com/links1.html as well as they have 9+ Top Sites links on every page and..

They have affiliate links to restaurant . com, 123greetings . com, and others on their site.

Quote Originally Posted by kse
    Wow, I never noticed all the links before, they have a page full of links at toys2wish4 . com/links1.html as well as they have 9+ Top Sites links on every page and..

They have affiliate links to restaurant . com, 123greetings . com, and others on their site.

They need an OPM BADLY.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

Jan, I also have to add my opinion. You could have a fabulous program if you would do just two things. One is to first hire someone to oversee your program. Like others have said any of the opm that post here with regularity would be a great way to get many of us back. If you hire someone whom we trust it would give us the assurance that you are serious about the program. Don't take it personally, just the way I feel. It was a lot of work to add your links, a lot more work to take them down not once but several times. I think your program has been off more than two times or at least had other problems.

While going to auto deposit helps it does not give me enough reason to add you back at this time. It's the first step. You'll need to get phone tracking in place, remove any leaks and also hire someone. I think you'd be amazed at the direction your program would take. You have some great items that I could integrate very easily into my sites. Before I do that I need to know I'm not wasting my time.

Perhaps you can consult with Carolyn as to the costs of hiring someone.

Good luck.
    Melanie
    President - Affiliate Advocacy 2008 ShareaSale Performance Industry Advocate Award, 2009 Affiliate Summit Pinnacle Award - Affiliate Advocate
    Affiliate Advocacy
    NYAffiliateVoice Seery Writing

Wow! I guess I got flamed. We already have somebody replenishing the feed to Share A Sale weekly with new products. That is done by a professional company. I am not clear as to what a professional OPM would do. Could you please enlighten me? The links page I realize is old and I will do away with that. I take it that links to other sites from my site are frowned upon because it links away from my site, is that correct? I appreciate your comments.
    Also, the employee I am using manages my web-site full-time and has for 4 years and is very capable of fixing or addressing any issues you may have.

Thanks,

Jan

What they said.

I would like to suggest you read this thread;

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=79787

There's quite a bit of value in it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast