IE7 Problem
    I am not an IE user in general, but use it to test web pages as needed.

Over the last couple of days I've noticed shareasale links stop dead in the IE7 browser at the shareasale point of the transfer (I use redirects to cloak the actual url). I've only just noticed this with a new product I'm starting to promote whilst I was testing the site out. I've tested an old link (probably originally tested in IE6) with the same result. I'm positive this link was working with IE prior to now.

It could be a security issue with the browser (as is working fine in all other browsers I test with), but I was wondering if anyone else was seeing this.

Being a web developer, I haven't had any problem with IE. There's not a redirect problem that I'm aware of (but my lack of awareness does not necessitate a lack of a problem...). If you want, I'd be willing to take a look at the redirect code for you. I've got IE versions 3 - 7 installed on my computer so that I can test for backwards compatibility. I'm still a newbie on this forum, so PM's aren't available. However, you can send me a link to the page and the code in question via email, if you would like.

chris[AT]FREEQUOTESWORLD.com

Thanks for the offer. Have tracked down the direct reason. shareasale was listed in the restricted sites in the security area of IE7 and therefore wasnt going anywhere. I assume this came from one of the security programs on the machine. Will see if I can locate the source & report back.

Sounds good. Let me know if I can be of any help.

Hmmm... haven't been able to locate a source for shareasale being in the restricted sites.... I'm wondering if it was already there when IE7 was downloaded......... this would have serious implications on sales/commissions when IE7 becomes more widespread.

Affiliate Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by omnia
    I am not an IE user in general, but use it to test web pages as needed.

Over the last couple of days I've noticed shareasale links stop dead in the IE7 browser at the shareasale point of the transfer (I use redirects to cloak the actual url). I've only just noticed this with a new product I'm starting to promote whilst I was testing the site out. I've tested an old link (probably originally tested in IE6) with the same result. I'm positive this link was working with IE prior to now.

It could be a security issue with the browser (as is working fine in all other browsers I test with), but I was wondering if anyone else was seeing this.
    I have also noticed a lot of problems with linking and furthermore flash applications on the new IE7. I truley dislike the new IE release.

I'm an affiliate of IAN (hotels.com) and IE7 stops hotel reservations dead in their tracks.

I had trouble when I first upgraded to IE7 until I discovered that the default security setting was higher than what I had it set for on IE6.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread