Okay, before I announce a new affiliate partner program ... is this the right place to do it?

Don't need to piss everyone off to start ...

Thanks,

Arthur

Arthur,

Hi and Welcome to ABW!

You can post it in this forum, BUT if it is for "FSN" or "MR" I would HIGHLY Suggest against it. The person who claimed to be the new affiliate Manager is NOT welcome here -- she has been banned multiple times for lewd postings. Your choice of a person like "that" to run the program(s) screams alot about you and your program.

Continued Success,

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

Mods
    ... see this thread in the M-Forum

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

Haiko,

Thanks but I am well aware of the issues associated with that choice of affiliate manager ... and I apologize if she offended anyone in our name. Either way, I have sold FsN and MR to my former partner and am on to new ventures.

WhyPayShipping.com offers hundreds of free shipping coupons. Registration is free and we have two great affiliate companies running our programs.
    http://www.whypayshipping.com/webmasters.htm

If anyone has any marketing thoughts or the ability to drive large amounts of traffic (5,000+ registrations per month) we are willing to work with you on the payout levels.

Thanks,

BigFish
    arthur@whypayshipping.com

This may sound harsh, but you need to make a bit more up-front effort if you want to attract the kind of affiliates that will produce those sorts of results for you!

A) Leak-proof your site: there is NO place for banners, links or any other form of traffic leak that DOESN'T PAY AFFILIATES. In other words, the "Advertise" option is a big no-no - 100% of your site HAS to be dedicated to "selling" membership to WhyPayShipping.com

B) Spend a few hundred dollars paying a designer to make you a proper site design (one that doesn't break down in IE5.5, for a start...), a decent logo and some banners that look professional - right now your site looks like you paid a college kid who does "web design" to build it for you

C) Work on the "hook" text - the intro to your site doesn't compel people to join... you need to make it so that first-time visitors can grasp (with 100% success rate) in under 10 seconds exactly what the BENEFITS of the site are and why they NEED to join!

Do all the above, then come back here and have the site ripped apart AGAIN. Iterate 2-3 times, and you'll have a lean, mean conversion machine with an engine just waiting to be fed the right traffic fuel!

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Good advice on startup merchants. Make your site deserve a bookmark before you venture into affiliate partnerships. The word FREE is a real killer even when it involves listing free freight sites. Most are just e-mail address traps for side deals with mailing list brokers.

WebMaster Mike

ABW Ambassador
    Oh and if you care about browser compatability, test in Opera. It's a very scary site when viewed in Opera -- junk code displayed all over the page...

-------
    Dawn is nature's way of telling you to go to bed.

I am curious about the logic behind the "Don't Click Here" Banner.

Never saw that before.

Did I miss something like "Don't click here if you like to pay for shipping..." ?

Anyway, "Don't Click Here" caught my eye, but being obedient, I didn't click. Of Course.

Doc

"I spent most of my money on
    Gambling, Whiskey and Women.
    The rest I just wasted."

Dr-Fix-It!

Arthur,

Glad to hear that you have nothing more to do with her or those programs, as Edwin said ... fix the site! I would hardly buy from it much less push it as it is [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

</font></p>

As hard as this is to imagine ... I appreciate the input, comments and complaints (I also like having my teeth pulled).

Got the designers working on the site ...

Thanks,

BigFish

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    All your footer links go to

http://www.whypayshipping.com/home.asp

Which doesn't exist.

Your sign up form does not check for legitimate content, yes that Email = dfd got through.

And after all that I'm not really sure what you're offering, you list Blue Nile for Free Shipping... well yes, they offer free shipping on their site...?

And on Jewelry Web you have a $5 Coupon which applies to price of purchase...

So in effect you want affiliates to drive traffic to your affiliate program...correct me if I'm wrong here?

Oh...and your link to Fine Jewelers, goes to a 404 page

Cheers

Chris

Actually you are wrong...90% of what is on the site is non-affiliate program tracking. Sometimes we grab links from affialiate programs if that is the only way to get them or the vendor has asked for tracking purposes.

We offer a listing of free shipping offers. Sometimes they are general offers that are available to anyone, there are also Private and Exclusive offers that you can only get through WhyPayShipping.com or are somewhat limited.

I think you must have been testing while the techs were posting as it seems that /home.asp issue is gone.

Hope that clears it up.

BigFish

ABW Ambassador
    Chris, you dog, you... you actually looked at what they have to offer... now let me do some looking...

Funny, an "exclusive" free shipping offer for Szul? I happen to know that the ONLY text link Szul offers at LS includes free shipping. Your JewelryWeb $5 off is Private? It's publicly available to all affiliates.

Every category I looked at is jam-packed with affiliate program merchants -- merchants WE promote and merchants which either have free shipping as standard practice or offer it via their affiliate base.

You may have some non-affiliate deals in there, but certainly not all the ones you list as exclusive really are.

-------

As I said...we have very few affiliate links in the site ... I would guess 20%. But if you have all day to waste to prove me wrong...feel free to count.

Also, Private means that it is not generally available to people just going to the site ... but others may have it.

I appreciate comments that help the site ... complaints for the sake of typing are a waste.

BigFish

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Okay so assuming a Merchant said "Yes we want to work with you" , what does the Merchant get? Or is your site basically so that Merchants can target your site members with private offers? i.e. do you actually offer discounted shipping services too?

Cheers

Chris

ABW Ambassador
    &gt;&gt;I appreciate comments that help the site ... complaints for the sake of typing are a waste.&lt;&lt;

You don't think it's important to know that a potential affiliate may look at your site and think it's nothing but a bunch off affiliate links thrown together? You don't think it's important to know that a potential affiliate might question your use of the words "private" and "exclusive"?

You think that the only important comments are on technical glitches and not on how your site is perceived?

The technical glitches are much easier to fix than the perception -- that doesn't make them more important. But if you don't care about the perception, then you're right -- no point in typing any more.

-------

BigFish,

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> ... complaints for the sake of typing are a waste <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't see complaints, I see questions pertaining to the verbiage you select in representing your offers.

</font></p>

It's funny how the always think we're attacking them when we comment on their sites, I'm not even going to look at it now.

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread