Affiliate Network for Politcians?
    Just ran accross this article:

http://www.conversionrater.com/index...al-candidates/

Politicians already have supporters who are usually either paid full or part time positions, and then a huge number of unpaid supporters who push them and their ideas because they align them or their party. Would an in-between work where people were actually paid for bringing some measurable effect to the campaign? As Marshall noted, you could reward affiliates for referring people who buy products, or who end up donating money, or who signup for an email newsletter.
    This strikes me as a pretty cool idea. Not necissarily something you would earn a living on (seeing as its pretty seasonal) but a interesting way to contribute to political campaigns you believe in and make money in the process.

If everything can be measured these days by web tracking, why not monetize and pay for whatever action you are looking to promote?

Thoughts?
    Jason Rosenbaum
    Affiliate Manager
    MINDsprinting

Quote Originally Posted by MINDsprinter
    If everything can be measured these days by web tracking, why not monetize and pay for whatever action you are looking to promote?

Thoughts?
    Politicians can get volunteers with web design/Internet/IT skills.
    There are lots of volunteers who hope to get some type of placement/position after the campaign has been won.
    Such a position would probably mean more to the person volunteering than a pay per click or action.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Perhaps...I think this is about more than attracting quality programmers. This seems like a great way to attract traffic and even sell campaign contributions and make sure people get compensated for their effort. With that compensation in place, I'd say more people might take it up.
    Jason Rosenbaum
    Affiliate Manager
    MINDsprinting

Quote Originally Posted by MINDsprinter
    Perhaps...I think this is about more than attracting quality programmers. This seems like a great way to attract traffic and even sell campaign contributions and make sure people get compensated for their effort. With that compensation in place, I'd say more people might take it up.
    Politicians have already raised money over the Internet.
    Was the money raised by pay per click/action? I don't know but I think politicians often put people with those skills to "work" (volunteer).

Campaign workers solicit contributions over the telephone, are those campaign workers usually paid? Those campaign workers who solicit funds over the telephone are usually soliciting on a volunteer basis.
    There are many reasons why people volunteer to work on a campaign, not just for some type of position or quid pro quo (although that happens) but some people do it just for the camaraderie, to meet other people, and for the sheer excitement of working/volunteering for the candidate of your choice.
    Campaigns are exciting, become a volunteer and often you'll be privy to not only well publicized events/dinners/etc. but to the many meetings/events that are just for campaign workers/organizers.

I'm not sure if a political group would want to hand over an online solicitation to an unknown third party affiliate program.
    Political campaigns, no matter how large, start from an inner core and ripple out in a connective.
    Last edited by Rhia7; February 12th, 2007 at 07:36 PM.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

[satire]

What a good idea.

I'll throw up a new website with donate buttons for each party. Donate to your party of choice and I'll pass the money on for you. A stunning 5% of every dollar will go to the campaign. (The rest will cover my processing and overhead).

I'll even make a BHO so you'll know if the website you are shopping at supports Democrats, Republicans, or Independents.

I'll call it care2-ebate-me-not.con

[/satire]

I'll call it care2-ebate-me-not.con

Hey, I might even join and download your BHO!
    Jason Rosenbaum
    Affiliate Manager
    MINDsprinting

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread