viral marketing
    i am business management student at University and in need of sme help on viral marketing
    Last edited by Adam Ward; February 13th, 2007 at 09:49 AM. Reason: link REMOVED it didn't work anyway

ABW Ambassador
    use the search function on this site

Online Marketing Consultant
    Besides using the search feature, you also may want to be more specific about the type of viral marketing. Use examples in your question or say it is within a certain industry or niche, if you are looking on how people start a campaign, how to measure one, etc...
    Adam Riemer Marketing, LLC. Online Marketing Blog and Affiliate Management Company
    Do you need help with your Marketing or Sales funneling, write me at adamr (at) adamriemer (dot) me

ABW Ambassador
    That birdflu is getting plenty of press, they must have a pretty good team marketing that.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chetf
    That birdflu is getting plenty of press, they must have a pretty good team marketing that.
    They sure do - BILLIONS of pharmaceutical company promotion dollars to promote one of the biggest hoaxes on the American public.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Affiliate Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by johno13
    i am business management student at University and in need of sme help on viral marketing
    Check out some of the press from the DanceSisterDance campaign late last year. It was a very successful viral campaign promoting an album that was being released by the Scissor Sisters.

If you are looking for people currently involved in creating viral campaigns. A good person to research and contact is Dave Balter. His entire company is built around creating "buzz" and viral campaigns.
    Adam Riemer Marketing, LLC. Online Marketing Blog and Affiliate Management Company
    Do you need help with your Marketing or Sales funneling, write me at adamr (at) adamriemer (dot) me

Also Google "Boston" and "Lite-Brite" for a crash course in what NOT to do

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexanne
    They sure do - BILLIONS of pharmaceutical company promotion dollars to promote one of the biggest hoaxes on the American public.
    I *REALLY* shouldn't ask...yet I must.

What makes you say it's an intentional hoax, rather than just the usual overhyped mob panic crud that befalls humanity all too often?

Quote Originally Posted by Leader
    I *REALLY* shouldn't ask...yet I must.
    You really shouldn't have gotten me going Leader. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Leader
    What makes you say it's an intentional hoax, rather than just the usual overhyped mob panic crud that befalls humanity all too often?
    Tamiflu is a certain politician's baby and is as big a pile of crap as the bird flu panic is. Really horrible what Big Pharm is allowed to get away with when they, in turn, stomp on anything natural and that actually maintains and promotes health as opposed to drugs that eventually kill but that can be patented and therefore profitable. And Big Pharm's promotional budget will make everyone think they're dying or in desperate need of crap drugs to stay alive or well. BAH - Let me shut up now ... ;-)
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

Hey Johno... I'm working on my PhD and teach as an adjunct at the local university, so I have s soft spot in my hide for students looking for research... what types of viral campaigns are you looking for?

Sam

One to study would be The Million Dollar Home Page.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

Quote Originally Posted by BG4512
    Also Google "Boston" and "Lite-Brite" for a crash course in what NOT to do
    Actually....when all is said and done this might be a hugely successful campaign. Not as low cost as Turner might have hoped for but I bet millions of people learned what Aqua Teen Hunger Force was...
    Jason Rosenbaum
    Affiliate Manager
    MINDsprinting

Affiliate Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by MINDsprinter
    Actually....when all is said and done this might be a hugely successful campaign. Not as low cost as Turner might have hoped for but I bet millions of people learned what Aqua Teen Hunger Force was...
    I agree with you. Viral marketing is all about getting your name to stick in the mids of people and increase awareness in a way thats Viral "easily shared and talked about." Although the Aqua Teen campaign was a bit stupid, i believe it was probably a very successful viral marketing campaign.

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by MINDsprinter
    And the person responsible "resigned" so was it really a good idea?
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Well...I'm of the opinion that Boston overreacted. But no, it wasn't a good idea. But as a marketing campaign it might be considered successful, though with lots of unintended consequences. And certainly not to be repeated again.
    Jason Rosenbaum
    Affiliate Manager
    MINDsprinting

ABW Ambassador
    The campaign raised their viewership by all of 6,000 people for 1 day. Statistically insignificant. If they were in the market of selling those things on ebay then success, otherwise failure.

Quote Originally Posted by Rexanne
    One to study would be The Million Dollar Home Page.

If that's the same as the million dollar pixel project, rexanne probably gave you one of the best ideas to research for Viral Marketing. The guy actually did get his million.

Viral Marketing
    If you need to promote your site and thinking about using Viral Marketing please check this site out. [removed]
    Last edited by MichaelColey; March 12th, 2007 at 11:04 AM. Reason: Spam

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by twickn11
    If you need to promote your site and thinking about using Viral Marketing please check this site out. [removed]
    Why? If you were any good, you wouldn't need to spam forums.
    Last edited by MichaelColey; March 12th, 2007 at 11:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by johno13
    Did you do that campaign? I really want to know what did you do about? If you did something related with (edited out spam) industry or something like that.That if you are from canada . Who did it go?
    Last edited by Trust; May 25th, 2007 at 05:03 AM. Reason: spam

It deeply saddens me to see that the human evolutionary process has reversed its course
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

Exclamation
    If you want free viral marketing please (don't be me, just another late night forum spammer, it gets no lower, other spammers laugh at me) and follow the steps please.

Good luck.
    Last edited by Trust; May 25th, 2007 at 05:18 AM. Reason: spam

25. Newsletter Signup

Closed Thread