Results 1 to 8 of 8
February 13th, 2007, 12:26 PM #1LinkShare Merchants: How to Pay Quicker
Quick payments are really appreciated by affiliates yet despite the best intentions by merchants, there are several factors that cause extra delays. Here are the things you can do to ensure quicker payments:
1) Know the LinkShare Schedules. The invoices are made available around the 5th of the month. Payments to affiliates are started "around" the 8th and 22nd of the month. Start watching for the invoices during the first week of the month and review and approve them as quickly as you can. Send your payment to arrive shortly before a cutoff. They are sometimes started early, so I would recommend having the funds cleared at LinkShare by the 5th or 20th (or perhaps even a few days earlier than that, just to be safe). If you miss the cutoff by a day, your affiliates have to wait a half a month for their next payment.
2) Pay By Wire Transfer. If you pay by check (even if you overnight it), LinkShare will hold the check for a week to make sure it clears, before releasing it into the next affiliate payment. Depending on the timing and where you're located, it could make a difference of half of month or a month in affiliate payments!
3) Pay the Invoiced Amount. If there's a discrepancy, it can cause further delays.
Keep in mind that the payment process takes LinkShare about a week, from the cutoff to the time the direct deposit is made or the check is mailed. Also, keep in mind that many other networks pay their affiliates Net 20, and it's virtually impossible for you to do that.
So how fast can you get your affiliates paid?
1) If you review and approve your invoice the first day it's available and wire the payment on the same day, you might make the cutoff for the first payment of the month, which would get the affiliates paid with an incredible Net 10. I've only seen this once.
2) If you review your invoice quickly and wire the payment by the 20th of the month, your affiliates will get paid about Net 25. Several of my favorite merchants do this.
3) If you wire the payment by the "Net 30" due date that LinkShare recommends, your affiliates won't get paid until about the 12th of the second month, basically Net 40. Quite a few merchants make this cutoff.
4) If you mail a check by the "Net 30" due date that LinkShare recommends, your check will just miss the cutoff (when you add up the mail time and the 7 day hold on the check) so your affiliates won't get paid until about the 25th of the second month, basically Net 55. Most merchants pay this quick or quicker. Net 55 is pathetic, though. Especially when you mailed the check Net 30. Don't mail a check. Wire your payments!
February 13th, 2007, 01:45 PM #2
Also follow up with your account managers in LinkShare. They recently lost track of two of our checks (which we sent overnight), then claimed they never recieved them after they were cashed, then apologized and finally posted them three weeks late. Only way I caught it was by checking in with my account manager after noticing the payments hadn't posted. Follow up, with LinkShare or any network for that matter is a good thing.
February 13th, 2007, 04:10 PM #3
Brings to mind what occured a couple of years ago when they went to consolidated payments which was supposed to insure affiliates got paid and paid quicker. It did for some, but not for others and LS just does not have the control mechanism to make that happen.
February 13th, 2007, 04:50 PM #4
- Join Date
- September 25th, 2006
Alas, who wants to bet me that the merchants who need to read this most probably won't know where to find it?
February 13th, 2007, 05:08 PM #5Originally Posted by BG4512
February 13th, 2007, 08:45 PM #6
Originally Posted by 7-days
- Join Date
- September 10th, 2005
February 14th, 2007, 12:19 AM #7
I think many LinkShare merchants just don't realize that if they mail a check at the wrong time of the month, it might take a month or longer before the affiliate gets paid (up to a week in the mail + a week hold since it's a check + up to half a month until the next payment cycle + up to a week for LinkShare to process the payment).
On the other hand, if the merchant wires a payment right before a cutoff, the affiliate will have their payment within about a week.
February 15th, 2007, 12:18 AM #8
So for in-house programs do affiliates want direct deposit? We are offering checks right now and looking at PayPal.
For international affiliates PayPal doesn't work and checks take weeks. What other options are there?
By ProWebAddict in forum Rakuten LinkShare - LSReplies: 20Last Post: April 16th, 2008, 11:26 PM
By Trust in forum Search Engine OptimizationReplies: 5Last Post: November 19th, 2006, 05:04 PM
By Lasthope in forum Midnight Cafe'Replies: 15Last Post: June 7th, 2006, 04:07 PM
By Rick - Bitcom in forum Rakuten LinkShare - LSReplies: 4Last Post: February 10th, 2006, 03:05 PM
By in forum Midnight Cafe'Replies: 28Last Post: November 11th, 2001, 01:05 AM