Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Bad Moon Rising
    I see trouble on the way.

http://www.weather.com/outlook/event...om=search_city

Hey Herb, tell Gail it's my turn.

...HEAVY SNOW WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM THIS EVENING TO 6 AM EST THURSDAY... ...NEAR BLIZZARD CONDITIONS POSSIBLE IN THE HIGHER ELEVATIONS WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON AND EVENING...

A HEAVY SNOW WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT PORTIONS OF WESTERN MASSACHUSETTS... EAST CENTRAL NEW YORK AND SOUTHERN VERMONT FROM 6 PM THIS EVENING TO 6 AM EST THURSDAY.

A LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM WILL MOVE FROM THE TENNESSEE VALLEY OFF THE MIDDLE ATLANTIC COAST TONIGHT. THE LOW WILL REDEVELOP NEAR THE DELMARVA REGION DAYBREAK ON WEDNESDAY. IT WILL ATTEMPT TO MERGE WITH ANOTHER AREA OF LOW PRESSURE NEAR THE CAROLINAS LATE WEDNESDAY MORNING. THE STORM WILL MOVE NORTHEAST NEAR EASTERN LONG ISLAND AND ACROSS CAPE COD BY WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON. IT WILL CONTINUE TO MOVE NORTHEAST WEDNESDAY EVENING ...AND IT WILL RAPIDLY DEEPEN AND INTENSIFY NORTHEAST OF CAPE COD. THIS LOW WILL GIVE PORTIONS OF WESTERN MASSACHUSETTS...EAST CENTRAL NEW YORK AND SOUTHERN VERMONT SIGNIFICANT SNOWFALL TONIGHT THROUGH WEDNESDAY NIGHT. SNOW WILL BEGIN LATE TUESDAY EVENING... AND CONTINUE THROUGH WEDNESDAY... ENDING WEDNESDAY EVENING. HOWEVER... SOME SNOW SHOWER ACTIVITY WITH ADDITIONAL LIGHT ACCUMULATIONS ARE POSSIBLE WEDNESDAY NIGHT. MOST LOCATIONS WILL RECEIVE A FOOT OR MORE OF SNOW BY WEDNESDAY NIGHT...WITH MANY AREAS LIKELY GETTING 18 TO 36 INCHES... ESPECIALLY FROM THE GREATER CAPITAL REGION NORTH AND WEST. A BRIEF MIX WITH SLEET IS POSSIBLE IN PORTIONS OF THE CATSKILLS...TO THE CAPITAL DISTRICT...NORTHERN BERKSHIRES AND SOUTHERN VERMONT DURING THE DAY WEDNESDAY...BUT WILL HAVE LITTLE AFFECT ON THE SNOW AMOUNTS. AT THIS TIME...AREAS FROM THE NORTHERN CATSKILLS THROUGH NORTHWESTERN PORTIONS OF THE CAPITAL DISTRICT...TO THE GREEN MOUNTAINS AND POINTS NORTHWEST HAVE THE BEST CHANCE AT SEEING ALL SNOW.

http and a telephoto
    Rhea, you planning a wedding?

My daughter says Rochester is supposed to get 6-12 tonight.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Hahaha! Can't slip anything past you Deb. I don't know why the URL came up with that weddings reference. It ain't exactly wedding season here, ya know!

I went out this morning to run errands and got into a convo with the cashier at the hardware store. She said, "I can't believe the way the weather forecasters here are carrying on about this storm. It's not like we live in ROCHESTER or anything." Personally I think the NYCAP meteorologists have a bad case of lake effect snow envy.

Affiliate Network Rep Brian_AffiliateFuture's Avatar
    Oh, man I WISH we were getting 6-12 in Manhattan! There has been little to no snow all season! Only a measley 1-2 inches for us... =(

Talking
    Gail told me early this morning that she'd looked at the radar and I should give you warning, but looks like you found it anyway.

So stock up, you'll need extras for hubby for a day or so.

Herb, tell Gail I said thanks for thinking of us. I went out earlier today and bought fire starter briquets, fatwood and a six-pack of beer. That oughta hold me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhea
    Herb, tell Gail I said thanks for thinking of us. I went out earlier today and bought fire starter briquets, fatwood and a six-pack of beer. That oughta hold me.
    and for your husband you got what? this calls for mulled wine with cinnamon sticks. lock up the dogs and bring out the bearskin rug.

It rained for 1/2 an hour here in Southern California last night. Does that count?

It's still a bit cold out. When I went to get the mail in my shorts, tank-top and flip-flops, it did seem a bit chilly.

I went to get the mail in my shorts, tank-top and flip-flops
    God'll getcha for that

Mack...shush now or I'll have to poke fun the next time the San Andreas fault dumps you on your butt.

Herb thanks for your concern but truthfully Steve is gonna be just fine. Tomorrow I will make homemade chicken soup and his favorite cookies. He has a heavy-duty snow-blower so there's no chance of him popping a ventricle while doing snow removal. We have a wood stove and a couple of cords of firewood so we won't freeze. Oh, and 2/3 of a six-pack of beer.

Mack~freezing here too in Southern Calif, burr must be 75 outside today
    Sandra Martin
    sandeebottom at hotmail.com

Internet Cowboy
    It was 60 in East Texas when I woke up this morning. It is now 38, on the way to 30 tonight. We have 30+ mph winds. My motorhome is rockin!!
    I saw photos of your area Rhea. I can imagine there are a few cold _oodles.

Yeah, Scott, this past week they haven't lingered when they go out for a romp around the yard. I don't think Dood has ever seen two feet of snow so this should be quite an adventure for him. Steve will almost certainly have to plow a path in the yard for them. Me, I'll be inside removing acres of impacted snowballs from their paws. Snow sticks to 'oodle fur something 'errible.

Don't forget to watch the Westminster Dog Show tonight!

Internet Cowboy
    LOL
    I am in my motorhome out here in the sticks. The park has wifi, but no cable. I can get ABC and ABC only.
    I am going to get satellite in my new house, but I have to wait until I move in to get it installed
    No TV for me!!!

Still snowing here in chicago...we might be up to 6-8 inches, maybe a foot...three days and still going. Glad I work from home!
    Jason Rosenbaum
    Affiliate Manager
    MINDsprinting

Network Rep & ABW Ambassador Carolyn - ShareASale's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mack
    It rained for 1/2 an hour here in Southern California last night. Does that count?

It's still a bit cold out. When I went to get the mail in my shorts, tank-top and flip-flops, it did seem a bit chilly.
    *grumble from Chicago*

best of luck, east coasters. it was a mess here last night but beautiful!

had about a foot dumped on us here in the valley but my kid came from around the corner with his new snowblower and made a good path.

I've been watching the radar as a moist area moves up the coast and inland, moving a little contrary to the main mass. Guess this is the start of the Nor'easter as it looks like it is pushing north past Albany. We're due to see less and less as the evening progresses.

Network Rep & ABW Ambassador Carolyn - ShareASale's Avatar
    Can we borrow your kid?

http and a telephoto
    Liz says they are expecting up to 22" because of that darn lake effect, she sent me pics from her phone, it wasn't pretty yet, lol.

Everyone bundle up and stay warm.

(Mack, when I tell Liz about the weather here she smacks me through the phone!!!! I told her is was chilly and rainy yesterday and she said "Shut Up!" How rude.... lol.)
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

hmmm . . . wind is starting to move this stuff around a little . . .

Same here, Herb. Based on the wind direction it looks like the front of the house will see a foot of snow and the back of the house will see three feet of snow.

I missed most of this thread while I was out snow blowing my driveway for the 3rd time today...
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Kevin, hubby is out there now clearing the driveway. It's so windy that it seems to be blowing the snow back in his face. (I'm in the nice warm house making chicken soup and keeping the dogs calm. Evey they think it's crazy to be outside right now.)

How much snow do you think you got in Rochester? It's hard to tell here because it's blowing around like mad.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhea
    Mack...shush now or I'll have to poke fun the next time the San Andreas fault dumps you on your butt.
    You got that all wrong. What's really going to happen when the big one hits is .....

California will become an island, the rest of you are going to fall off into the Atlantic.

FYI: right now I'm on my laptop sitting on the patio drinking iced tea, in shorts, a tank top and no shoes at all. It is a little chilly though, dropped down below 65 in the shade.

Sorry but YOU have it all wrong. You can start getting it right here

http://www.amazon.com/Assembling-Cal...dp/0374523932/

California isn't going to fall into the ocean and neither is the North American continental plate. What will likely happen is that a mountain range or two will tumble onto the coastal shelf of California.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast