ABW Ambassador
    Linkshare - I HATE YOU
    If you are merchant, please move off of linkshare. Seriously. Please.

Why do I hate linkshare? Well they remind me how screwed up they are every so often - by making me change my password. But as has been posted 500 times - it is screwed up. Do a password reset? Still need to change... AND THEN IT WON'T RECOGNIZE YOUR NEW PASSWORD FOR MANY HOURS!!!! IT ALSO ACCEPTS PASSWORDS BIGGER THAN IT CAN ACTUALLY USE.

I don't care how much money they got by selling out, I would never want to be so stupid that I would pay to design a site that works like theirs. I don't care about the money, I don't think they are bright enough to even enjoy it... so can our new japanese masters actually do something about the site? Like maybe burn it down?

So to all my linkshare merchants - I am this close to dumping all of you just because of how much I hate linkshare.

I can't log in at all. "Your request was interrupted. We cannot process your request at this time. Please try again later. We apologize for any inconvenience."

Looks like I'll be working with my sas merchants today.
    Melanie
    President - Affiliate Advocacy 2008 ShareaSale Performance Industry Advocate Award, 2009 Affiliate Summit Pinnacle Award - Affiliate Advocate
    Affiliate Advocacy
    NYAffiliateVoice Seery Writing

Talking
    I can't log in either.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    login is down this morning, but i've gotten those nuisance "change your password because we can't verifiy your email" notices and they're annoying, especially given the emailed newsletters and merchant-snet-me-an-email-thru-linkshare-interface mail that i'm receiving all the time... if they can't track email open rates and more to verify i'm STILL who I've proved i am, i've got to wonder about their tracking for my sales...

:-)

me no login either.

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Sorry to hear the problems you are all having with LS gang. I guess I can be happy that SaS is our exclusive network. I can't understand why they would allow passwords longer than they can recognize, or some of the many other problems I've seen posted here over the past year, but hopefully they will one day fix the problems.

Good Luck - Alan
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Their password script is crap. Want to hear something interesting? I changed my password, waited the allotted time for it to take effect, and was able to get in as usual. But I can now also get in with my old password as well. lol. Kind of defeats the purpose, right? I've had this happen to me before.

Anyway, having the same login issue mentioned above as well.
    Last edited by MoneyBusiness; February 14th, 2007 at 09:52 AM.

I go in there once in a while to look at merchants and I recall last time I know I entered everything correct two times and it still would not accept it. Third time it did. So, even when it is up and working....it's not always working.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Outsourced Program Manager
    Y'all don't know how much I hear "I'm only working with Linkshare Merchants because of you Mike".

I feel so bad (and thankful) when I hear that. I was on the Linkshare Merchant Advisory Board this past Summit in San Francisco, and they will tell you that I didn't hold anything back. Something seemed different this time though, it was like they were listening. I'm not sure if they'll implement anything that I suggested, but I felt heard, so it's a step. On the other hand, I heard about some upcoming things that I did not like, so we'll be back at square one anyway .

Upcoming things??? Oh, Michael, don't hold us in suspense. Okay, I know, as part of the board you can't really talk about it. I understand. Just hope they are not the caliber of CJ's LMI fiasco.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Try now - 7am Vegas time - I'm in

Outsourced Program Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by 7-days
    Upcoming things??? Oh, Michael, don't hold us in suspense. Okay, I know, as part of the board you can't really talk about it. I understand. Just hope they are not the caliber of CJ's LMI fiasco.
    Hey Ron, nothing as bad as LMI in my opinion. I think that would be pretty tough to match.

I'm on the Affiliate Advisory Board, and the 2007 projects they presented for us in January are all good ones.

I'm still not happy with the forced password changes or with Synergy Analytics (and the feeling seemed pretty much unanimous from the other AAB members), but it doesn't look like they're going to budge on either. Sometimes it surprises me the extent to which some companies will go to force a change down your throat. If it's not a good idea, back off and change it.

I've done that several times on my own sites. I've had ideas that I thought were really good. Sometimes they took a considerable amount of work to build. But when I rolled them out, they weren't accepted. So did I force my users to live with it? No. I reversed the changes.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Internet Cowboy
    It's always what they are going to do. It is never what they have done. Ever notice that? I think LS needs to upgrade to a class of 7th graders to make them a new interface. Their site and reporting is horrible....absolutely horrible.

Oh people back off...
    I work with all of the 3 SAS, LS, CJ. I must say I like the Linkshare interface and the reports, maybe instead of complaining about minor things, you should really check out the stuff they have on Synergy and on the old reports too.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    One of the major annoyances with LS, as far as I am concerned, is the long delay in posting some transactions. This doesn't seem to happen at SAS or CJ.

In the past week, I found "new" transactions posted for Dec. 2 and Dec. 12 (two different merchants).

New sales are always great to see, but why should it take two months to post a transaction?

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by pexcornel
    Oh people back off...
    I work with all of the 3 SAS, LS, CJ. I must say I like the Linkshare interface and the reports, maybe instead of complaining about minor things, you should really check out the stuff they have on Synergy and on the old reports too.

No. Their login mechanism is broken, end of story.

I just have a few test sites of my own on linkshare, so I don't suffer this often and at one point didn't even login for many months, just to avoid and avoid the message that i am not confirmed for something or other but the people I run sites with suffer this nightmare all the time. Linkshare's system is crap. From top to bottom. They have never made one single change to their interface to help the end user, everything has always been to protect from some bizarre threat linkshare feels.

Quote Originally Posted by chetf
    No. Their login mechanism is broken, end of story.

I just have a few test sites of my own on linkshare, so I don't suffer this often and at one point didn't even login for many months, just to avoid and avoid the message that i am not confirmed for something or other but the people I run sites with suffer this nightmare all the time. Linkshare's system is crap. From top to bottom. They have never made one single change to their interface to help the end user, everything has always been to protect from some bizarre threat linkshare feels.

It's a security issue, but per pexcornyel, it's a minor thing. Glad my bank doesn't follow the same philosophy...

I'm sick of seeing this EVERY time I log in,

Legal Message

We are unable to validate one or more pieces of your profile information at this time. We recognize that this may be due to
    Is that any way to keep greeting people? Can you imagine that on your websites after someone logs in?

Hi,

We aren't sure who you are, and we really don't care. Just make us some money.

huh?

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Mack
    I'm sick of seeing this EVERY time I log in...
    Agreed. I was fine if I put my home address, but not if I put my PO Box address in my contact information. In addition, I entered my direct deposit information, but I never received the test deposits, and I can't see a place to start over. Grr....

Michael

I have one of LS's brochure for merchants and they claim that their site have never been down a single time since they launched. I am not an affiliate of LS so I don't really know about their downtimes at all.

23. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread