1-800 Flowers.com- Terrible!
    So I ordered flowers for my wife from 1-800 Flowers.com with "GUARANTEED VALENTINE'S DAY DELIVERY (WEDNESDAY, 2/14)".

As you can guess from the title of this thread, she never got them

Now I've called them about 10 consecutive times, got politely disconnected by a machine multiple times stating that they have "high call volumes". I finally got on their hold queue, I'll keep you posted once they answer!!

Yup, Sure ... now let me check ... Cagles Mill's Avatar
    I don't blame you for being upset. Do you live in a part of the country hit by all the snow storms in the last few days?

There was a comment on the national news last night that in many parts of the country, if you ordered flowers for Valentine's day, they probably did not get delivered. So it wasn't just you or 1-800-flowers. I guess I'm saying, don't feel alone.
    Rick M.
    I would rather have a bottle in front of me, than have a frontal lobotomy!
    Does your bubblegum lose its flavor on the bedpost overnight?

That STINKS!
    I used one of the proflowers deals and had it delivered on the 13th. I saved like $10, and it was close enough... valentines eve

Good luck. hope the hold time isn't forever.

CPA Network Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by newestuser
    That STINKS!
    I used one of the proflowers deals and had it delivered on the 13th. I saved like $10, and it was close enough... valentines eve

Good luck. hope the hold time isn't forever.
    I used proFlowers myself. Order came on the 14th in the snow. Thank goodness.lol Flowers (tulips) were great from what I hear as well.

They earned my biz for sure...
    -=Chipmunk=-
    [B]Matthew "Chipmunk" Sclier[/B]
    Affiliate Relations Manager
    [B]E-Mail:[/B] [email=matthew@leadflash.com]matthew@leadflash.com[/email]
    [B]Phone:[/B] (561) 499-3329 ext.126
    [B]AIM/Y!:[/B] ChipmunkLF l [B]ICQ: [/B] 48437188
    [URL=http://www.leadflash.com/855122D5-967E-4CAD-AE2B-F56DD265219C/refer.aspx]LeadFlash.com[/URL]: 100% Exclusive Cash Advance Offers

Quote Originally Posted by Cagles Mill
    I don't blame you for being upset. Do you live in a part of the country hit by all the snow storms in the last few days?

There was a comment on the national news last night that in many parts of the country, if you ordered flowers for Valentine's day, they probably did not get delivered. So it wasn't just you or 1-800-flowers. I guess I'm saying, don't feel alone.
    The worse part is we live in sunny Miami, FL!

After I got a hold of a rep on the phone, she just apologized and said she could not process a refund today because their computer system was down or something. She would note the account to have a refund issued tomorrow. I bet I'll have to get on the horn again to get that refund processed. I'm sure they have thousands of situations like mine.

Needless to say I'll never use 1-800 flowers again, I should have gone to my local flower shop like I always do. That's what I get for being lazy.

Internet Cowboy
    I sent my Mom flowers with proflowers once. They delivered them in a broken vase and with no card saying who they were from, much less my personal message. Since they did at least deliver something, they refused to give me a refund or even a discount so I take every chance I get to bash them.
    I will never use another Internet flower broker again. They are pure sleaze. All they do is farm this out to small, local shops after marking it up about 80%. I will call the small flower shop in the town where they are to be delivered from here on.

I've been working with iFlorist, they're a smaller opperation based out of Mineapolis that started as a local shop, but can ship nation-wide. My tulips got to my girl on the 14th despite the sleet and snow.

Only thing I would change: apparently they came "some assembly required" she had to put the tulips in the vase and add water etc. That was my first time actually SENDING Flowers though, so maybe that's typical.

ABW Ambassador

I used ProFlowers.com this year. I ordered them about a month ago, so I got a good deal ($43 total for 2 dozen roses and a vase) and was able to choose 2/14 delivery for no extra fee. They came yesterday. The vase was well-secured in the box. The gift card was was attached inside the box. There were four packs of plant food to put in the water. The roses looked and smelled wonderful. FedEx left the box on the front porch (in below freezing temperatures!) without even ringing the doorbell. ProFlowers sent me a delivery notice via email, which was the only way I knew they were there.

About 6-7 years ago, some company was offering 100 roses for $100. Most other places were charging $50 or more for a dozen, so I went for it. They were supposed to be delivered on 2/14, but they didn't come. The tracking information showed that they were shipped on the 14th. I kept calling and they kept telling me that the tracking information was wrong and that they would be delivered that day. They came on the 15th. The company ended up refunding my money. I never counted the roses, but it seemed like there were closer to 150. My wife had roses everywhere.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Affiliate Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by felit0
    So I ordered flowers for my wife from 1-800 Flowers.com with "GUARANTEED VALENTINE'S DAY DELIVERY (WEDNESDAY, 2/14)".

As you can guess from the title of this thread, she never got them

Now I've called them about 10 consecutive times, got politely disconnected by a machine multiple times stating that they have "high call volumes". I finally got on their hold queue, I'll keep you posted once they answer!!
    That can certainly be a frustrating situation

Affiliate Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by newestuser
    ... and had it delivered on the 13th. I saved like $10, and it was close enough... valentines eve
    You know, you may just have a whole new marketing strategy there in so many ways!

Affiliate Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    I used ProFlowers.com this year. I ordered them about a month ago, so I got a good deal ($43 total for 2 dozen roses and a vase) and was able to choose 2/14 delivery for no extra fee. They came yesterday. The vase was well-secured in the box. The gift card was was attached inside the box. There were four packs of plant food to put in the water. The roses looked and smelled wonderful. FedEx left the box on the front porch (in below freezing temperatures!) without even ringing the doorbell. ProFlowers sent me a delivery notice via email, which was the only way I knew they were there.

About 6-7 years ago, some company was offering 100 roses for $100. Most other places were charging $50 or more for a dozen, so I went for it. They were supposed to be delivered on 2/14, but they didn't come. The tracking information showed that they were shipped on the 14th. I kept calling and they kept telling me that the tracking information was wrong and that they would be delivered that day. They came on the 15th. The company ended up refunding my money. I never counted the roses, but it seemed like there were closer to 150. My wife had roses everywhere.
    I remember the 100 roses deal for $100. I wanted to buy them and setup on a major road selling them for $5/each on valentines day, but never did

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleScooter
    I sent my Mom flowers with proflowers once. They delivered them in a broken vase and with no card saying who they were from, much less my personal message. Since they did at least deliver something, they refused to give me a refund or even a discount so I take every chance I get to bash them.
    I will never use another Internet flower broker again. They are pure sleaze. All they do is farm this out to small, local shops after marking it up about 80%. I will call the small flower shop in the town where they are to be delivered from here on.
    I am so surprised to hear that from Proflowers. My Mom tells me that they are the best flowers (of the companies I have tried).

I thought that they even had a guarantee. That reminds me...I do remember having a problem with an order from them once, and I can't remember if they replaced it or refunded my money. They did take care of it, though (or I wouldn't continue to use them).

I used Pro Flowers too, placed orders for my wife and daughter, and they still have not been delivered
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

I love 1800flowers, i never have issues and even got 13 different orders for me deliered yesterday no problem. I hate knowing so many woman this time of year.

only problem I did have is vermont teddy bears but its UPS fault.

1 800 Flowers absolutely positively SUCKS! I gave up on them years ago.

Michelle's valentines bouquet was just delivered!?!?! I guess we are going to celebrate National Canadain Flag Day -- WTBF? But, the worst of it ... the phones have been busy all day at Calyx & Corolla so I haven't been able to B!tch them out yet.

PS. Happy Flag Day Canadian ABW'ers
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

I guess I am lucky.

Well come to thik of it I did have one problem. They delivered at 11:30 PM once.

But other than that, i haven't had issues.

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    They came on the 15th. The company ended up refunding my money. I never counted the roses, but it seemed like there were closer to 150. My wife had roses everywhere.
    Decent company cos some would stiff you and not refund everything.

Got some flowers for b-day and it was sent from Miami. Delivery time was off by 3 days. That kind of suck.

I used Flower.com this year and was very pleased. Beautiful and large arrangement of roses and lillies delivered in the morning as requested.

My order tracked just fine too.

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread