Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    Newbie
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    39
    Anyone have any info on services from where I can license specific news stories? Not looking for a feed service, just somewhere I can access news articles on particular topics and repost them on a site.

    Thanks for the help.

    Tony Felice
    http://www.xlmarketing.net

  2. #2
    Newbie
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    28
    Have you tried the wire services for press releases?

    Prnewswire.com, newscom.com and so on.

    You can "reprint" those for free, and many times they aren't always entirely self-promotional. For example, this year is the 100th anniversary of the teddy bear. So there are tons of plush toy companies putting out press releases, 90% of which are all self-promotion, but the other 10% are nice little stories, with the history of the teddy bear etc.
    --- Bobbi

  3. #3
    ABW Ambassador
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    Posts
    2,299
    "ARA Content (ARA) provides FREE CONTENT to the print and online media. As a registered member, you can download COPYRIGHT-FREE content or have it immediately e-mailed to you. Users may freely browse from one content type to the other."

    I use them for some sports articles. Have to leave in their ara and author link back but good basic articles and most come with a nice picture to accompany the article
    aracontent.com
    ww

    It was so cold last winter that I saw a lawyer with his hands in his own pockets.

  4. #4
    Newbie
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    39
    Thanks to both of you for the info.

    Tony Felice
    http://www.xlmarketing.net

  5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Article In Buffalo News
    By mellie in forum New York Affiliate Tax
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: November 24th, 2008, 03:37 PM
  2. News Article Just Hours Away
    By Packy in forum Virtual Family and Off-Topic
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: January 11th, 2005, 02:26 PM
  3. Article on News.com
    By Haiko de Poel, Jr. in forum Midnight Cafe'
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: October 5th, 2002, 08:32 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •