Results 1 to 2 of 2
February 15th, 2007, 02:24 PM #1
Stale SAS Merchants (invalid datafeeds, 404)
- Join Date
- January 18th, 2005
Why doesn't ShareASale have a system to detect some obvious problems with their merchants' datafeeds (and in some cases, with merchants whose businesses are completely defunct)? This should be a huge embarassment.
In working with datafeeds today, I noticed that a surprising number of SAS merchants had not updated their datafeeds in the past 2 years, so I quickly tested the datafeeds for each merchant whose datafeed was "last updated" in 2004 or earlier. Of course, some of these datafeeds worked fine, and the product and price info matched. Unfortunately, about half the merchants I checked had "broken datafeeds" or worse:
- Berrydog Bikinis & Beachwear 6812 -- all traffic redirects to a "domain placeholder" search page
- Sunshine Jewelry 5846 -- most images broken; ALL links 404 not found
- IrishPhotoShop.com 3623 -- images broken, destination pages 404
- Myfreesoftware.com 3972 -- images broken, destination pages 404
- CTC Food International, Inc. -- some images broken, all links redirect to http://www.asianfoodgrocer.com/index.asp where many products are no longer offered
- PacificPetShop.com 3746 -- many images and links come up "not found"
- Krooked Stix Direct Golf Shop 4970 -- many broken pictures, but even products that have working image URLs still come up "not found"
- Carolina Sauce Company Inc 5295 -- destination pages have different product names and different prices from datafeed
I only checked merchants whose datafeeds are currently more than 26 months old and contain more than just one or a few products -- I suspect that when I check the (many more) merchants whose "last updates" were in 2005, I will have similar experiences.
February 15th, 2007, 03:08 PM #2
Most importantly , are affilates still getting credit for the traffic they send over?
Featured: Soft 404 (Noindex & 404) Part 2By kse in forum Search Engine OptimizationReplies: 2Last Post: March 16th, 2012, 09:13 AM
By kse in forum ShareASale - SASReplies: 3Last Post: October 29th, 2007, 09:08 AM
By webworker in forum ShareASale - SASReplies: 18Last Post: March 28th, 2007, 03:54 PM
By john9245 in forum Programming / Datafeeds / ToolsReplies: 5Last Post: March 29th, 2005, 08:42 AM
By blizz93cw in forum Midnight Cafe'Replies: 11Last Post: June 12th, 2004, 04:25 PM