ABW Ambassador
    Merchants Who Don't Have Any Price Drops
    Remember somebody else asking about this, can't find it. I think you mentioned fixing this, just wondering what the time frame was. Sometimes merchants don't have any price drops so when someone clicks on them, it goes to a blank page. Not a good look. If you could make it so those merchants don't even show up. Thanks.

ABW Ambassador
    bump

Sometimes merchants don't have any price drops so when someone clicks on them, it goes to a blank page. Not a good look. If you could make it so those merchants don't even show up. Thanks.
    I don't know if this is what you mean but, today I did a few stores and I get the code for Coupons and Recent Price Drops, then when I saw the pages, those that don't have Recent Price Drops just show the Coupons part and nothing shows for Recent Price Drops.

So I like what I saw.

ABW Ambassador
    Example. I have all the merchants that are signed up for Price Drops.

So when someone goes to my price drop page all the merchants are there. Sometimes they have prices drops, sometimes they don't. When they don't, they shouldn't show up, someone asked about this before.

If you click on 4AllMemory Recent Price Drops, you'll get a blank page. I've gotten a couple of emails saying my site isn't working because of this.

Trust:
    Here's that previous thread:
    http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=82014

Ralph indicated that he had made a request of the development team back then. I think it was early December.

I finally put a little announcement line that says - if nothing shows up below, there are no current coupons or price drops. Irritating, though, because GC is my favorite method of keeping current and then this makes it look like my site isn't working.

I wonder if it's the merchants who aren't providing current coupons or ways to access them?

Mr. GoldenCan
    I apologize for the delay; this update will be released sometime today. I will make a post as soon as it is live. If a merchant do not have price drops or coupons it will not be displayed in the list of merchant in the coupon integration.

Mr. GoldenCan
    The following changes have been implemented into The GoldenCAN Coupon Integration for Multiple merchants.

Display Coupons & Price Drops.
    If you have selected the option to display coupons and price drops both, then only those merchants will be displayed in the list which have at least coupons or price drops.

Display Coupons Only.
    Only those merchants will be displayed in the list which have coupons.

Display price Drops Only.
    Only those merchants will be displayed in the list which have price drops.

ABW Ambassador
    Nice, thanks. Looks like it's already live and working nicely.
    Last edited by Trust; February 26th, 2007 at 06:02 PM.

Asif,

I want to follow up on this. Yesterday I was working on several pages on one of my sites with the coupons and price drops. Several had the store name such as 6pm -

6PM.com Coupons

6PM.com Recent Price Drops

6pm had nothing so the above showed up just as you see it.

AcmeHardware had nothing showing up.

How do you keep up with the coupons, etc. I constanly get e-mails from some merchants with coupons, etc. but there is nothing listed under their coupons and price drops. Overstock is one that I get a list of coupons mailed to me every several days but you have:

Overstock.com Coupons

Overstock.com Recent Price Drops

Nothing for Overstock. Does a merchant have a coupon datafeed? Do you have someone that does this manuelly. Can you explain. I have noticed lately a lot of this for GoldenCan. I get an e-mail from the merchant but there is nothing listed for GoldenCan.

Mr. GoldenCan
    Quote Originally Posted by boningroup
    Asif,

I want to follow up on this. Yesterday I was working on several pages on one of my sites with the coupons and price drops. Several had the store name such as 6pm -

6PM.com Coupons

6PM.com Recent Price Drops

6pm had nothing so the above showed up just as you see it.

How do you keep up with the coupons, etc. I constanly get e-mails from some merchants with coupons, etc. but there is nothing listed under their coupons and price drops. Overstock is one that I get a list of coupons mailed to me every several days but you have:

Overstock.com Coupons

Nothing for Overstock. Does a merchant have a coupon datafeed? Do you have someone that does this manuelly. Can you explain. I have noticed lately a lot of this for GoldenCan. I get an e-mail from the merchant but there is nothing listed for GoldenCan.

6PM and Overstock are not configured for Coupons. these merchants will only display price drops if there are some available at the time of display.

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    I don't think it's fully updated yet...

I just checked my SimpleShoes page, and under my link that says SIMPLE SHOES COUPONS AND PRICE DROPS, all that shows is the words

Simple Shoes Coupons

Simple Shoes Recent Price Drops

(No actual coupons or pricedrops or links. Just those 2 phrases which come from the javascript)

Mr. GoldenCan
    Hey Billy,
    Simple shoes do not have any price drops at this time and Simple shoes is not comnfigured for coupons that is why it is not showing anything. If this is a page for single merchant the page might be empty. if this is a page with multiple merchants coupons then the merchant name will not be displayed in the list automatically.

If the page is for a single merchant will it be helpful if we add some message like "Sorry no coupons or price drops are available at this time. please check back later" ?

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenCAN
    If the page is for a single merchant will it be helpful if we add some message like "Sorry no coupons or price drops are available at this time. please check back later" ?
    Yes, this would be prefect.

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Asif Boogie Man!

I do the single merchant pages. Ideally... if a merchant doesn't have coupons/price drops, they shouldn't hve shown up as an option to build it - LOL. (Just busting your chops)

But, if they don't have any this week, a message to that affect would be better. Or at least of photo of you dancing as a placeholder until they DO have coupons!

I'll PM the page so you can see what my visitors see.

I vote for adding the message. I try to doublecheck at the time of building to make sure the merchant participates, but since I do single pages also, I'm sure there are times when the page is empty. If you can add a message, that would be great!

Of course, if you add a picture of you dancing, they won't be as disappointed with no coupons.

Asif,

Overstock.com Coupons

Nothing for Overstock. Does a merchant have a coupon datafeed? Do you have someone that does this manuelly. Can you explain.
    Can you update AcmeHardware. If I am receiving e-mails from Overstock, how come you don't have anything from them. They run something monthly, weekly and daily.

Mr. GoldenCan
    Can you update AcmeHardware. If I am receiving e-mails from Overstock, how come you don't have anything from them. They run something monthly, weekly and daily.
    Acme hardware will be updated ASAP.

Overstock does not have coupon enabled at GoldenCAN. we can onyl display their price drops.

I have a situation similar to what Billy Kay was saying. Not absolutely positive but I had thought it wasn't too long ago that I had seen Tool King displaying the price drops on my site. (not sure about the coupons) I checked at GC and the one that had already been made was also showing just coupons and price drops (the words) but there weren't any. Since I'm pretty sure there had been them showing not that long ago and now there aren't any....is there some sort of little boo boo or did they decide to stop having the coupons and price drops and that's the reason nothing's showing?

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread