web dev with whiskers tn-morgen's Avatar
    My Wish for SAS
    I only have one wish for the SAS network - to be able to search by product within merchant offerings. I have that with LS & CJ, and yes, I can d/load the CSV file, but it's a pain! It's so much easier when I need a specific link code for an email to just pop in, grab the link I need & go.

NO, I have to do the search in the CSV file for the right item, no hints if I've pulled the wrong one (hope not!) and sometimes I actually have to build a special link to the page, instead. I try to keep the custom links in text files, but I really, REALLY would like a search function.

I like the SAS network. I like the offerings - unique for my niche. I don't want to anger any one in management there, please. This is not a complaint so much as a request.

Quote Originally Posted by tn-morgen
    I only have one wish for the SAS network - to be able to search by product within merchant offerings. I have that with LS & CJ, and yes, I can d/load the CSV file, but it's a pain! It's so much easier when I need a specific link code for an email to just pop in, grab the link I need & go.
    Tried experimenting with their Make-A-Page tool?

Geno

Have you tried submitting this request directly to SAS first?

shareasale [at] shareasale.com
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

ABW Ambassador

Network Rep & ABW Ambassador Carolyn - ShareASale's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Geno Prussakov
    Tried experimenting with their Make-A-Page tool?

Geno
    Yep, I do that too. But sure, add it to the thread Ron mentioned, Brian keeps a close eye on that one.
    best,
    Carolyn
    ShareASale Client Services
    Y!: SAS_CTang
    e: ctang(at)shareasale.com

Something similar to that was suggested at the Think Tank, and rumor has it that it'll be implemented before the end of the month.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

web dev with whiskers tn-morgen's Avatar
    Cool Beans! I've had trouble figuring out where to suggest this functionality. Thanks! I'm glad it's on the list.

Yes, I've played around with the make a page and with custom links. The make a page doesn't really do me much good for posting on the website. I do everything thru my website, not aggregating. I have a content-oriented site.

The make-a-page seems to be for posting on the website like a dynamic link instead of finding the products I need from over 1,000 entries.

I use the custom links for products that the merchant offers that aren't in that incredibly large CSV file that I download. It really helps!

I like SAS best of the programs I use because of the merchants they get. CJ is good for it's search function, but sometimes the merchants are lower-quality. Or, they get these "important" merchants who have no interest in helping anyone with less than $1,000 a month in sales. I'm still starting out. I'm getting sales, so I'm moving in the right direction. But, if a merchant doesn't treat me right, I quit promoting their products and find replacements.

SAS carries some of the merchants that CJ does, so sometimes I find the items on CJ, then go to SAS & create a custom link. Better commissions, lower consumer pricing and excellent service! I don't know how that works out, but it does. I've noticed that the commissions will often work out the same, but the lower consumer pricing allows my customers to buy other products beyond the original item. That produces a larger overall sale, higher commissions in the long run and repeat business.

I also like the way SAS tells us when merchants are low on funds. They even give me the option of having all links from any offline merchant to go to a page I specify, which really cuts down on 404 errors. Nobody else offers this service and I really appreciate it.

So, I'm happy overall, but I love that functionality which I find at other networks.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    I use the "create a custom link" when I want to link to a specific product or page with a SAS merchant. Works perfectly.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread