Sirius or XM
    I almost bought this tonight...

http://shop.sirius.com/edealinv/serv...7&oldParentID=

But decided to come online and get some opinions first. Which network/radio did you choose and why?
    ---
    This response was masterly crafted via the fingers of Patrick Allmond who believe you should StopDoingNothing starting today.
    ---
    Focus Consulting is where I roll | Follow @patrickallmond on Twitter
    Search Engine Marketing | Search Engine Optimization | Social Media | Online Video

Internet Cowboy
    I am an XM guy, mostly because there are some shows on there from Orlando that I like to listen to. Sirius has Howard, XM has Opie & Anthony. The rest of the content is about the same to me.

The Monsters on XM 152 are funny. It is a morning show in Orlando but it is on in the afternoon on XM. The Philips Phile is sharp, witty and sometimes funny. It too originates in Orlando and comes on XM152 at 8pm CT (I think, I listen to them on the web while I am working. Have XM in the car)

XM Radio came with our Suburban, so that's what we have. Once the free trial ended, we prepaid for 5 years (at about $6 per month). I'm not sure it's worth it for us, though. We only drive the Suburban when the kids are in the car. When the kids are in the car, they want to watch DVDs, so that's what we listen to. (I can quote almost any line in Nemo, Cars, Toy Story, or any Veggie Tales movie!) Having the kids use the headphones would solve that problem, but we just haven't done it.

In the end, I'm not sure it matters which one you choose. There have been rumors of a merger for quite a while, and I'm sure it'll eventually happen.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

I've got sirius in my pacifica, made the dealer throw it in to close the deal. Chrysler dealt with sirius so that's how I chose. I love it cause I love all different music and can finally pull in country. I just ordered a portable unit for my husband's car. A friend has xm and they love it too so I think either one is good.
    Melanie
    President - Affiliate Advocacy 2008 ShareaSale Performance Industry Advocate Award, 2009 Affiliate Summit Pinnacle Award - Affiliate Advocate
    Affiliate Advocacy
    NYAffiliateVoice Seery Writing

Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    We have 3 XM units in our family. We love it.

A couple of friends have Sirius and about the only difference I see seems to be in the talk radio channels. Check out the programming list for each provider and base your decision on that.
    ~Michelle
    "All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."
    "Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

Outsourced Program Manager Affiliate Eagle's Avatar
    I like Sirius, it has the new Nascar Channel and of course Margarittaville-Jimmy Buffet channel. Not to mention, the NFL Network is on there as well.
    Emilio Yepez
    Affiliate Program Manager
    www.lighthouseinternetmedia.com
    PH: 305 389 8955
    AIM: affiliateagle
    Email: emilio@lighthouseinternetmedia.com
    Follow Me On My Twitter

Programs Managed - Join Now! | Navarro.com|| OneWayFurniture | OnlyKidsHangers | EverythingHangers.com | RejuvByCaci.com |

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    I bought my son a sirius last year, love it , lots of Rock stations. We looked at both and both are pretty good with almost same stations.

Online Marketing Consultant
    XM all the way. They play is at the gym I go to and it has great electronic and showtunes stations. It's also a DC based company so I am biased hehehe.
    Adam Riemer Marketing, LLC. Online Marketing Blog and Affiliate Management Company
    Do you need help with your Marketing or Sales funneling, write me at adamr (at) adamriemer (dot) me

Affiliate Manager
    No doubt about it you have to go Sirius. There is some great programming, Howard Stern, NPR, Jay Thomas and the programming is constantly growing. Their radios are a little behind on their technology but the service itself is far superior.

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Sirius = Jimmy Buffet !!
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

Affiliate Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Rodriguez
    Sirius = Jimmy Buffet !!
    I have to agree there. The only thing that stinks is when they brough Margaritaville on they shut down the vacation channel which had some great music on it.

I went to the store last and fell in love with the new stiletto radio from sirius. Somehow managed to walk out w/o spending the $400 for the radio and car holder. The new radio lets you listen over wifi.
    ---
    This response was masterly crafted via the fingers of Patrick Allmond who believe you should StopDoingNothing starting today.
    ---
    Search Engine Marketing | Search Engine Optimization | Social Media | Online Video

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    I bought Sirius when I moved further West and had long drives through Wyoming. Now I listen the the news on the way to work as I commute over a mountain range. Very happy, even listen through the Internet at work.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    There have been rumors of a merger for quite a while, and I'm sure it'll eventually happen.
    Did I call it, or did I call it?

Satellite radio's XM, Sirius to merge

In that case, I recommend going with the cheapest. You'll probably get the exact same thing in the end.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

LOL I just had to pop back in here. I thought of this thread when I saw the news article just moments ago. I just had to see who predicted it. Got any stock tips Michael?
    Melanie
    President - Affiliate Advocacy 2008 ShareaSale Performance Industry Advocate Award, 2009 Affiliate Summit Pinnacle Award - Affiliate Advocate
    Affiliate Advocacy
    NYAffiliateVoice Seery Writing

Affiliate Manager
    Holy *&^%$ - What does this mean for us stockholders?

Internet Cowboy
    It'll be interesting to see if this goes through. I hope it does.

Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sthbodyjewelry
    Holy *&^%$ - What does this mean for us stockholders?
    Here ya go....

Under the terms of the agreement, XM shareholders will receive a fixed exchange ratio of 4.6 shares of SIRIUS common stock for each share of XM they own. XM and SIRIUS shareholders will each own approximately 50 percent of the combined company.
    ~Michelle
    "All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."
    "Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

Affiliate Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Michelle
    Here ya go....
    Yea but im a Sirius stockholder. I'd like to see if this finally moves the stock price. Im thinking tommorow might be an interesting day for Sirius Stock.

what does this mean for a shopper? can I now buy either unit and it eventually won't matter?
    Joseph Lilly
    PartnerWeekly, LLC 702.407.0707 joe.lilly at partnerweekly.com
    PartnerWeekly

Internet Cowboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Lilly
    what does this mean for a shopper? can I now buy either unit and it eventually won't matter?
    I'd say probably so Joe. They will no doubt consolidate somewhere but broadcasting on both systems would be the only fair thing to do for their customers.
    I was wondering if they will keep them separate and keep subscriptions the same then sell the new, combined package down the road for $20 a month. Sirius has had the technology in place to beam live video since early in 2006, so the sky is the limit here.

My best friend has Sirius and she always says how much she loves it. I have XM and think it is alright. It is great when I am in cities or in areas without too many trees. I drove through Connecticut once and couldn't get most of the stations half the trip. I do like it for when I want to listen to music on my computer and want something besides my itunes.

Quote Originally Posted by mellie
    I've got sirius in my pacifica, made the dealer throw it in to close the deal. Chrysler dealt with sirius so that's how I chose. I love it cause I love all different music and can finally pull in country. I just ordered a portable unit for my husband's car. A friend has xm and they love it too so I think either one is good.
    Same here, I have sirius in The Pacifica as well. I don't know how I ever lived without it. When I get in other people's cars, I can't STAND listening to the regular radio and all the commercials.

Love the hits channel, pluse, beat, hot jamz, blue collar comedy and so on and so on!!
    KK

Followup: I ordered the new Sirius Stilleto 100 radio and received it today. Started my subscription. Looks like I got a decent package but I do have two beefs so far.

1. How much is Sirius? $12.95 a month right? You read it all over their marketing material and see it on their website right ? Every try to subscribe to that $12.95 a month plan on the internet ? YOU CAN'T ! I went through the subscription process a couple of times and the only things available online are the 6m plan, or the 12m plan, or the lifetime plan. I had to call in to get the monthly 12.95 plan. Bugger all !

2. I was out in my cul-de-sac which has a clear view in every direction possible and the reception is still spotty. Constant dropouts. I thought I could pause a song for 60s and then unpause so I would always be 60s behinds so as to skip the dropouts. Their antenna headphones help a little but are uncomfortable. I really want to use my noise cancelling ones with this but not sure I can deal with the dropouts.

More to follow - if anybody cares.
    ---
    ---

25. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread