Spamming Myself
    There are a lot of things wrong with Yahoo email and spamming services. I recently sent an email to myself and guess where I found the email? - Junk Mail!!!
    Why would Yahoo! categorize the email I sent to myself using their own system as junk mail?
    Well this misguided email handling of Yahoo even sends my messages from ABW to the bulk folder. Now I have to be more careful from abruptly emptying my bulk folder at Yahoo.

Googles Spams Itself
    This is a common problem with "spam" filters not only with Yahoo but as you can see below with Google too.

Ok so we all hate spam and some of us may even hate broccoli too but the spam filters sometimes take it all a bit too far.

I use Gmail and set up Google alerts (automatic emails about topics I am interested in).

So where do these alert emails, that I want to really read, end up in Gmail?

In the spam folder!!! Hahahaha so Google thinks it is spam??? And the alert was about the company I work for Xy7 an Affiliate Network.

Thank you Google from protecting me from spam you sent to me that I requested about myself!

I guess spam is in the eye of the beholder!

Here is the alert identified as spam -

Google Alert - Affiliate Marketing Spam

Google Alerts <googlealerts-noreply@google.com>

show details
    Feb 7 (1 hour ago)

Google Blogs Alert for: Affiliate Marketing
    Google Web Alert for: XY7.com

Affiliate / CPA Networks | XY7.com |
    XY7.com offers TRUE 24/7 dedicated Affiliate support. Professionally managed and backed by an experienced company with a long standing reputation in the industry.

This as-it-happens Google Alert is brought to you by Google.

Remove this alert.
    Create another alert.
    Manage your alerts.
    Tell the spam filter to get its head out of its ass (the option I need!)

ABW Ambassador
    Yahoo mail can be a little nuts. My husband and I email each other several times a day. Every few months, one of us stops recieving email. Why? The sender's email address has been added to "Blocked Addresses" in the Yahoo account. No idea why it happens, it just does...

Quote Originally Posted by ronaldmarva
    There are a lot of things wrong with Yahoo email and spamming services. I recently sent an email to myself and guess where I found the email? - Junk Mail!!!
    Why would Yahoo! categorize the email I sent to myself using their own system as junk mail?
    Well this misguided email handling of Yahoo even sends my messages from ABW to the bulk folder. Now I have to be more careful from abruptly emptying my bulk folder at Yahoo.
    I personally experienced this one too...
    I don't know what's wrong with yahoo mail..

Perhaps it has to do with spammers' practice of using your own domain as the From address?

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Are the emails you send to yourself converting well?? I'm afraid it's something we all have to get used to. There's no blanket solution to spam filtering that is going to be accurate, so yep, we have to check our junk folders to see that "congratulations on your anniversary" card that our moms send us that are subsequently filtered and routed to the junk folder.

Alan
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

15 years and counting
    I've the same problems with Yahoo mail + Everyday I've 2 or 3 spam emails going directly to my inbox, like if Yahoo was using me to tag these emails as spam when hundreds are going directly to their junk folder.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread