Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Have you heard of "Search Engine Trust"?
    Has anyone heard of Search Engine Trust? Claims to have lots of websites ranked PR3 or higher, and gives you the ability to post a link on these sites. Supposedly these sites get sent to RSS feeds, social bookmarking, tools, etc.

It makes me skeptical, but everything makes me skeptical - so was wondering if you heard of this.

ABW Ambassador
    After checking out the page, run (away).

Thanks so much! I'm still very new to this, and I'm beginning to think they've figure out how to smell "newbies" through the internet.

They caught me last night, dang it - but it was a subscription through PayPal which I'm off to cancel straight away.

Dang, I hate being gullible, stupid and naive

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Yeah, I agree with Trust.

Without going into detail--chances are great that links from this place are good for nothing, at best. It's like one of those tourist-trap "gold mines" that say you can keep anything you find. They only let people do that when they think they've already gotten all the gold that's worth getting...

Dang, I hate being gullible, stupid and naive
    Newbishness, unfortunately, is a stage which all humanity must pass through

But a good general rule for the net is, if a page is set up like that one is: Don't buy. Those pages usually go with the too-good-to-be-true get rich quick (or in this case, get PR quick) scams.

Also:
    Real gold mines do not come with a sign that says "REAL GOLD MINE, THIS WAY-->" like in some Road Runner cartoon. (And even in the cartoons, the things marked like that were usually traps.)

Other tips for avoiding buying stuff (in general) that you'll regret buying later on:
    Try to wait a day before buying stuff. Taking the "impulse" out of buying saves much money, and prevents a lot of buyer's remorse.

Never buy ANYTHING while tired, even mundane-seeming stuff!

Always give your brain's logic center a chance to activate (or REactivate, if it's been blocked by some emotion-rousing pitch)!!! If your heart rate has sped up or you feel like you HAVE TO have something RIGHT NOW--that is just mindless emotion, and exactly the time to not buy. Wait until those reactions pass before even starting to make your decision.

They caught me last night,
    And there it is: Tiredness, combined with impulse. Add a dash of desperation or frustration, and the recipe for disaster is complete.

Your advice is so dead on! Thanks again!
    I guess I get caught up in reading and researching, and then wham - sucker time ;-)
    Sheesh, I'm old enough to know better...

ABW Ambassador
    "Search Engine Trust"

I might have to get him for a TM violation.

"And there it is: Tiredness, combined with impulse. Add a dash of desperation or frustration, and the recipe for disaster is complete."

Yep, I made the mistake in the past of buying a domain or starting a new PPC campaign late at night (actually early morning) and woke up thinking why the hell did I buy that domain and wow I didn't think that new campaign would get so many clicks (non converting clicks) and I shouldn't have bid so high to start off with. Lessons learned

Hello everyone,

Interesting thread about Search Engine Trust.

A newbie asks for advice and the response is "stay away".

Based on what...."I might have to go after them for a TM violation".

Listen, I have been doing this (IM) for a very long time.

I love threads like this because it give people the opportunity to
    really educate themselves on how the Internet really works.

It is interesting when you scratch the surface of alot of these
    conversations, what comes up.

Forum posters who love giving advice, yet have never really made any money online.

The use of fear tactics to get around the really facts of building a successful online business.

Amazing.

--Nicolas

Nicolas - I assume you are "Nicolas Messe," the owner of Search Engine Trust (and associated with "Yoffi Internet Marketing")?

You seem disappointed to find that people are skeptical of your offer. Perhaps you could counter the skepticism by offering some reasons why we should believe your claims. For example, you claim:
    > "I personally own a rather large volume of high PR websites. A number so large that I could give you a unique high PR anchor text link everyday from a different site for 10 years and it wouldn't dent my supply." <
    You are thus claiming that you personally own at least 10,000 domains with PR3+, which is certainly an impressive figure -- many would say "incredible."

Doing a quick series of Google searches, the only "pageranked" sites I found (associated with you) were a series of "pixel farm" sites, where you are selling a tiny pixel-link; these sites load incredibly slowly and some of them seemed to trigger the loading of scripts that locked my browser (I had to exit and reload my browser several times while viewing these sites). I found two of these "pixel farm" sites with PR3, and one with PR4, plus others with lower pagerank (2, 1, 0). I found only one site associated with you that had pagerank 5 -- and it was defunct.

Since none of these sites deliver any genuine content or value, it seems likely (guaranteed, really) that all will be penalized or excluded quite soon (it might happen faster if someone submitted your sites using Google's spam-reporting form at https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/spamreport).

I also note that you were earlier promoting a "free pagerank 7 link" site which requests email addresses before allowing the promised link -- and of course folks are complaining that the promised email never comes and instead their submitted email addreses are being sold.

There also appears to be a "shill" or "sham" series of posts endorsing your services on another bulletin board; that is, any reasonable person reading those messages would conclude that you wrote them all yourself.

Bottom line: you are asking people to trust you, but there are a whole bunch of "red flags," not the least of which is the absence of any credible facts supporting your claim that you own 10,000 sites with PR3+.

Of course, I assume you will respond that your association with your many thousands of PR3+ sites is concealed to prevent your competitors from acting against you and to prevent Google from penalizing you. The problem is that there are thousands of hucksters on the internet claiming the same thing, and most of them are lying, scheming crooks.

How can someone who is skeptical find out whether your offer is legitimate, without first paying you $157?
    Last edited by markwelch; February 24th, 2007 at 03:01 PM.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Bighouse,

Just wondering...

Did you request a refund during the 7 day grace period their site prominently features?

If so, did they refund your money as promised?
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

ABW Ambassador
    Based on what...."I might have to go after them for a TM violation".

lol, did that go over you head?

And as a side tip to you, when you have testimonials on your site don't have them from sites like:

http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...free%2einfo%2f

Not a good look, 0 backlinks PR 0. That makes me want to rush out and pay $157 a month.

And I would never buy links from people who advertise they're selling them all over the place. But that's just me.
    Last edited by Trust; February 24th, 2007 at 06:12 PM.

Hey Mark,

Yes, it is me, Nicolas Messe. Yes, I own Yoffi Internet Marketing (along with other companies).

I am not disappointed. I love skepticism. Especially in the business of Internet marketing. What I really love is intelligent debate, questions and answers.

I only really find myself getting disappointed when I see forum posts that cast insults or judgment on people or products without any explanation.

Mark, you asked some good questions and I am happy to answer them.

(1) Site Ownership

Yes, I own a lot of sites. More than you can imagine (although I found your 10,000 figure as an interesting calculation). Even more important, is not what I own, but what I have the ability to buy and/or create. How did I accomplish it? I have no secrets. Everyone has been trying to get a solid method for developing back links that stick and supply real ranking power. From white hat to black hat, Internet marketers have been exhausting themselves (both physically and financially) finding back links. Link brokers, reciprocal linking, comment spamming, blog burning, automated directory submission, the list goes on and on.

So, over the last year or more, while everyone was sending out requests for reciprocal links using tools like SEOelite, I was sending our offers to buy people websites. Why should I spend hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars to bring up the PR on one or two sites, when I can just buy the sites to bleed the PR and ranking factors. Because of my buying power, I now have very special relationships with many of the major name registrars. They understand my buying requirements and have played a key role in building my domain real estate. Today, I now have enough sites where I can actually "incubate" new sites very quickly. Just look at Search Engine Trust. There are over 13,000,000 pages in Google and I am at the top of the search results in less than 60 days.

So lets talk about my promotion Free PR7 for a second.

Free PR7 was a great example of my buying power and how I can use my investment to build a foundation for my Search Engine Trust business. Just by taking one of my PR7's I can provide a great back link to subscribers and create another marketing list for Search Engine Trust. There have been thousands of people who have signed up for the Free PR7. Anyone of them can subscribe to the auto-responder at any time. I have NEVER sold a name on my list and I do not know of anyone who signed up that does not have access, but if you are aware of that problem, please have them send me a PM or email.

Regardless, our conversion rate from Free PR7 to Search Engine Trust is very high. Why? Because it works. Members are seeing huge increases in spider activity. Indexing is happening very quickly. Back links show up on all the major search engines.

Concerning Forums, We have started or responded to conversations on hundreds of forums. It is probably our #2 source for sign ups for both Free PR7 and Search Engine Trust. I love forums. Threads like this are a great way to educate IMers regardless if they buy or not.

What red flags. There is a 7 day no question ask guarantee. People who initially joined were promised 50 PR3s and 50 more PR4s and higher over the 1st 30 days. We delivered all 100 a week ahead of schedule. That is just a start. Every month members will get high PR sites. PR3, PR4, PR5, PR6 and PR7 sites. At least 100 a month. Some months I will give 200. Some months 300. By the end of 1 year, a member will have access to 1,000s of high PR sites to post anchor text back links. All that are on average 3 to 4 years old.

Bottom line: Search Engine Trust delivers.

Guaranteed....so where is the risk.

--Nicolas

Someone get me a mop so I can clean up the puddle of snake oil.

My question, in bold, was: How can someone who is skeptical find out whether your offer is legitimate, without first paying you $157?

Your response was lots of hype and no substance.

Affiliate Manager
    it just sounds like an unusual take on link building

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by sthbodyjewelry
    it just sounds like an unusual take on link building
    Unusual?

Did you make a typo ad mean "the same old usual crap being peddled the exact same way as it has been a million times before by the same snake oil salesmen types" instead of unusual?

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by nicolas
    Forum posters who love giving advice, yet have never really made any money online.

Nicolas, once you post something like this, the "ooohhh you are all jealous and I am a 15 year old snot" post, there is no sense posting anymore. I have never seen anyone who comes in with that and ends up being anything more than what people were describing them before they showed up.

And I am curious, marketleap shows all of 35 links to your site, google being zero... your jewlery site has all of 11 - don't you help yourself?

And if anyone is wondering about the testimonials... well it is called log rolling... www . trafficsecrets . com - always a favorite ploy by internet smarties...

Chet
    Last edited by chetf; February 25th, 2007 at 03:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateHound
    Bighouse,

Just wondering...

Did you request a refund during the 7 day grace period their site prominently features?

If so, did they refund your money as promised?
    Hi AffiliateHound,

I actually did not request the refund, as I chalked this up to my mistake, and frankly didn't want the hassle. I figured if they got me initially, then I should re-read their pitch and figure out what got me to shell out the money and file the information away ;-) I was willing to write this off to my "learning experience" and forgo what I figured would be a hassle to refund the money.

bghouse -- since you did not request the refund, I'm sure we'd all like to hear how the campaign worked for you?

Did you actually receive any links from PR3+ sites, and did those links remain at PR3+ for the entire month?

I am assuming that you cancelled after that first month, so we can't really know how Google might have reacted over time. If you did cancel during the trial period, did you get your refund?

Nicolas, have you ever heard of the "does not pass PR" penalty?

>> Yes, I own a lot of sites

... and you know that Google have been known to apply penalties based on WHOIS similarities? Have you ever thought what the web graph you are describing would look like?

>> More than you can imagine

I find that unlikely I can imagine a LOT

To be honest, I didn't stay long at all. I signed up and cancelled my subscription within the same 24 hours. When I received the first email, I went up to the sites and they were blog-type sites through Wordpress. I saw people had made entries, but nothing seemed to make sense to me. The entries were all over the place, no cohesiveness in content, and that's what made me nervous enough to come post here about it. Something just didn't feel good to me, so I didn't post and spent the evening finishing an article I was writing to submit instead.

To be fair, it might have worked - but I'm very new to IM and sometimes all I can do is follow my gut. Something just didn't seem right to me about making a strange post in the middle of all these other strange posts - so I didn't create any links and went back to the more work intensive way of article writing.

I don't want to be unfair to Nicolas, as this indeed might work exactly the way he described. But as an inexperienced beginner, there just wasn't enough information to make me feel comfortable proceeding. For the most part, if I don't understand what's going on I tend to not move forward because I get uneasy. So I can't really review what exactly was going on here and how the system would have worked.

Sorry....

Hello everyone,

I want to answers some the questions people have posted:

To Mark Welch: We spoke by phone so I am presuming you having the information regarding Search Engine Trust and no other questions at this point.

To bghouse: If you are not going to use the service, please request a refund at the support desk. We stand by our guarantee and I do not want to take your money if the service is something you cannot use. However, if the reason you do not want to use the service is you are uncomfortable do to training. I am happy to personally work with you. Just send me a message to my email: nicolas@searchenginetrust.com and I can very quickly get you up to speed.

To TallTroll: Great question on the "does not pass PR penalty"
    You are incorrect as to its application realted to Search Engine Trust. Page rank, ranking factors and even search engine trust are all assets that are part of the value of a domain. An owner of that domain (after building that asset), has a right to sell, rent or monetize that asset like any other business. In this case, members of Search Engine Trust are "leasing" or "renting" ownership and are given content posting rights just like if they were an owner (as long as they keep the TOS). Members are Search Engine Trust are seeing their results very quickly in Yahoo and MSN. Google will not show back links until the next update. However, increases in keyword rankings is happening within a week or two. The whole point of Search Engine Trust is to keep within the TOS of the major search engines and provide them with good niche specific content.

I hope that helps clairify the service.

Please contact me if I can answer any other questions.

--Nicolas

>> An owner of that domain (after building that asset), has a right to sell, rent or monetize that asset like any other business

Google disagree, with you, mate, pretty strongly

>> Members are Search Engine Trust are seeing their results very quickly in Yahoo and MSN. Google will not show back links until the next update

I couldn't give a stuff about the displayed info in Google (most of those commands are broken) - I care about rankings, and traffic. In my experience Google are faster, or equal to Yahoo in actually incorporating new data, whether it shows up in link: searches or not. On that basis, I'd question whether Google in fact takes any notice of your network or not. Regardless, working in Y and MSN means the service certainly has value - I just think you might want to look harder at your Google performance before making any claims about it

Hi TallTroll,

You are correct, ranking for keywords in Google is updated quickly and you can see the results within 24 to 72 hours in many cases (when the link campaign is done right).

My reference was to the back links that Google will publically show.

The interesting part is we just completed a survey of members.

The response was overwhelming as it relates to the positive impact Search Engine Trust has demonstrated to the ranking of competitive keywords for our members.

I just started a new sales campaign of Search Engine Trust that will be giving away
    a Free PR6. It will also incorporate these testimonials and a very quick reference guide on proper linking.

Thanks for the good point on my post TallTroll.

All the best,
    --Nicolas

Just like bghouse, I signed up for this service, but requested (and got) a refund on the 6th day of the 7-day trial period.

There were so many unrelated posts posted on specific-topic blog pages. For instance, one user posted about Corvette parts being for sale on every single blog I had access to. The rules of SearchEngineTrust clearly stated that you had to limit your posts to 200 words (I saw this violated a few times) and only post relevant to the blog topic. So, in other words, Corvette parts being for sale had no business being on the food and education blogs that I visited for instance, but the user in question clearly either didn't read the guidelines, or, more probably, didn't give a damn and ruined it for everyone. I only use him as one example. Probably 40+% of all posts on the blogs were off-topic or were mindless dribble with a hyperlink thrown in.

I emailed the powers-that-be probably about 6 times over my trial with numerous URL's pointing to various numbers of these posts and asking that something be done. I assumed something WOULD be done, since Nicolas had stated that the forums are moderated and that anyone caught breaking the rules would be banned and lose all their money. Alas, not ONE of my concerned emails met with any response from the company over 6 days, and, as far as I could tell, the spam posts remained on the blogs. The company stated that they don't require posts to be approved so that users don't have to 'wait' for their links to be published, but therein lies the whole problem. If the blogs were moderated as they claimed (and I saw no evidence of this whatsoever) and posts had to be approved first, that would most likely solve this whole mess and weed out the riff-raff. Alas though, my email to Nicolas stating as such went unanswered as well.

I can't complain though as I did receive a refund of my $157, but I was not impressed by the lack of customer service that I experienced. You'd be surprised by what just a simple response to an email can do for a customer, just to show you're listening and paying attention. But even my request for a refund went unanswered without an email from Search Engine Trust, and, instead, I only found out about my refund via an email from Paypal

Question how many different IPs does SET have?
    One thing which i found really difficult to understand, is the amount of different unique IP adresses Search Engine Trust might have.

I watched a video where an overview of around 50 different of SET blogs was shown. When i started to check out randomloy 8 different blogs mentioned for IP's - I found 4 of them where on exactly the same IP adress (not c-block - i mean exactly identical IP).

I repeat: 4 out of 8 domains checked where on exactly the same IP adress/server.

This what makes me wonder about any usefulness (longterm or shortterm) , if i will get links from the same IP adresses every months again and again.

Would be great if Nicolas could answer this here:
    How many different IP adresses (servers) do you have for your over 500 or 1000 or whatever different domains?

(BTW. Tried to call you Nicholas - left a message on your system - but you never called back). So i try to get an answer this way.
    (Perhaps it would be great if your search engine trust website offers some sort of conact form or email adress for prospects to ask questions)

Anyway, please let me know how many different IPs are there for the hundreds of different blogs you offer?

Thanks for your help.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast