Check you adwords account [BUGS]
    After reading the update thread I went and checked my account. When I viewed ALL campaigns, not just active ones, my paused campaigns were recording new impressions and clicks.

I was being charged for clicks that went nowhere.

Since they were already paused, my only choice was to delete them. So far none of my deleted campaigns were reactivated, but ALL of my paused campaigns went active by themselves.

Just thought I'd give everyone a heads up to go check everything.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Thanks for the heads-up, Mack.

My paused campaigns all show 000000

Zero on paused here also.

Affiliate Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Mack
    After reading the update thread I went and checked my account. When I viewed ALL campaigns, not just active ones, my paused campaigns were recording new impressions and clicks.

I was being charged for clicks that went nowhere.

Since they were already paused, my only choice was to delete them. So far none of my deleted campaigns were reactivated, but ALL of my paused campaigns went active by themselves.

Just thought I'd give everyone a heads up to go check everything.
    There are a lot of issues right now. We are having tons of problems. I spoke to our Google rep and they said they are aware of the problems and actively working on a fix by monday.

After checking into this further it looks like it was my CPM stuff that came back to life. I was doing some testing with my own banners and a couple of video ads on the content network. Those were the only ones that became zombies.

Even after I deleted them, they ran for a while (or just the reporting delay). I got snapshots and sent them to Google so that they could be ignored by support over there.

I've also had AdWords campaigns that were "paused" generate both impressions and clicks in the past 24 hours. I know that some of these are CPC campaigns, but I didn't check to see if my paused CPM campaigns were also revived.

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    I generally pause all of our ppc campaigns from 8- 9 pm eastern time until 8 am east time. When I went in to accounts this morning at 7 eastern time to check QS updates, no impressions had been served on the ppc ads, so not seeing it here.

Had a bit of adjusting to do all afternoon and into the early evening with the new QS'ing, but it was worth it! Last two hours last night yielded a 40% increase in conversions, so maybe they are onto something.. I can always hope.

Alan
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Affiliate Manager
    Id like to update this thread by saying I think a lot of the problems have been fixed. The vast majority of the keywords I though were legitimate and ended up dissaproved with minimum bids of $10 have been reactivated. There was a serious Google bug. I will keep watching my account but for the time being it seems that they have fixed the problem. Anyone else seeing the same?

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    yep, bug was exterminated early in the weekend and lived a fairly short life, perhaps 2.5 days.

G admitted it was an error and further, said it has nothing to do with quality scoring algo revision coming in a few days. that's scheduled for roll out soon, but was totally unconnected to the cockroach that got loose late last week.

squishhh.

Just a follow up on the problem I had.

I had a combination of paused and active ad groups within some campaigns. I paused the campaigns but for some reason the active ad groups started throwing ads out, inside of the paused campaigns.

Anyway, this is fixed now, and Google gave me a credit. (Actually they gave me a very nice credit.)

Google AdWords offline
    It looks like the admin interface for Google AdWords is offline, completely. (Ads are still being shown in search results.)

I just tried accessing my AdWords accounts (7:35 - 7:40 pm Pacific time, from two different computers: my wife's computer on DSL, and then my home-office computer on a cable modem connection). I can't get any data, on any of my accounts, using any login. (It recognizes the login, lets me do other Google stuff, but not Adwords.)

The entire Google AdWords site appears to be offline. I am getting "page not found" errors at times, and a "billing data not available" message at other times (the latter message says I can access any data other than billing data, but all links go to the not-found pages).

I don't recall seeing any notices of planned unavailability. I'd like to hope that this is related to fixing the bugs that have resulted from the quality-score implementation issues.

Update: At 8:00pm, I am now able to access the AdWords interface.
    Last edited by markwelch; February 19th, 2007 at 11:01 PM.

ABW Ambassador
    It's having some issues right now. Adsense after you login, has an issue or two as well.

Everything normal in AdWords here.

Affiliate Manager
    Mark,

I just logged in and got data successfully. No problem here. Maybe try clearing your cookies? Could help.

Affiliate Manager
    Just saw your update. Glad to hear you were able to now get in. Its very frustrating when stuff like that happens.

sthbodyjewelry wrote: > "It's very frustrating when stuff like that happens." <

Yes, it's frustrating to be "locked out" when I have just launched a bunch of test campaigns in new accounts.

It's especially frustrating since I had just temporarily raised bid amounts in 1,400 ad groups to very high levels to gather some benchmark data.

My adrenaline was pumping when I realized that the brakes were disconnected on my potentially expensive experiment.

(Things could be worse: in April, I started a test campaign, intending to pause it after 24 hours -- but then I got distracted and forgot about it while we went off on our honeymoon in Maui, unaware that the campaign was continuing to burn through $100 per day. When I got home, I had $800 in extra AdWords charges that couldn't be billed to the client. Ever since then, I've set lower daily budget caps on all test campaigns, but in this case there were 15 campaigns testing at once.)

ABW Ambassador
    "It's especially frustrating since I had just temporarily raised bid amounts in 1,400 ad groups to very high levels to gather some benchmark data. "

I would hold off on all of that until after this week. After this new quality score update is supposed to happen, would be better for testing, benchmark data etc. I ain't touching a thing this week. So far, so good.

I agree that this is a bad week for testing in general; in this particular case, I was trying to test how this week's quality-score changes were impacting these keyword families.

Most of these were keywords which previously drew moderate traffic [impressions and clicks] at 10 cents per click or less, but now they are drawing almost zero impressions even at more than 50 cents per click.

Affiliate Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by markwelch
    sthbodyjewelry wrote: >

It's especially frustrating since I had just temporarily raised bid amounts in 1,400 ad groups to very high levels to gather some benchmark data.
    Sounds like a nightmare.

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread