Music 123
    Hi and thanks in advance.

Since Music123 moved to linkshare, about a year ago, my sales went from strong to none.
    Does anyone here make money with Music 123 in the linkshare interface?

Just curious.

15 years and counting
    They moved from CJ to LinkShare more than a year ago. Did you check if they are still active? LinkShare is known to keep bankrupted merchants in their interface.
    They went belly up in December so don't wonder why you're not making money.
    http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=83308

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    you should have gotten an email from them saying that they are closing store

15 years and counting
    Not everybody got an email.
    Music123 is listed as Active.
    Merchants That Have Filed for Bankruptcy: No mention of Music123
    You can add links from LinkShare interface.
    No payment for Oct, 2006 and Nov, 2006
    It seems like they (or others) are back in business with the same affiliate program, a different logo but no payment for their affiliates.
    Once again, LinkShare is keeping a merchant in their program with active links but without paying their affiliates. Great job LinkShare. You're a real "trusted third party"

Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    I am confused?

Are the bankrupt? Is their program active?

I added them to my site not long ago and I noticed today that I had a sale with them, but it is listed as non commissionable for return days exceeded, which I find hard to believe that it took someone more than 60 days to go back and buy something.

I wrote them awhile ago regarding this. I also pulled them from my site until I know what is going on.
    ~Michelle
    "All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."
    "Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

15 years and counting
    Music123 and Woodwind Brasswind, their other program didn't make it, it's a fact.
    http://www.music123.com/downloads/db...uptcy_case.pdf
    Musician's Friend bought Music123
    http://www.guitarnoise.com/forums/vi...ccecbc4709b11b

I think you're going to be paid if your links were added after the bankrupcy. The Music123 affiliates are not going to be paid for Oct and Nov, 2006 at least.

I don't agree with LinkShare policy to keep affiliate links ACTIVE knowing full well they are not going to pay their affiliates. They should deactivate the program. If somebody take over the bankrupted company I think they should start a new program, and not keep the same one adding confusion to frustration. If they want to keep the same program, they should pay the commissions owned.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    earlier thread about their bankrupcy and how many nasty partners they had let into their program before the end came...

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=83308

Thanks for the input, I was aware of the bankruptcy and the non payment for two months, I just wonder if anyone who is still promoting them is getting the same results (none)
    I have strong impressions and clicks, zero to few sales.

Angry
    http://www.music123.com/Music123-cal...54t0.Music123?

makes it hard when they offer 15% OFF coupons if you call in your order.
    his 48-hour private sale, starting this Wednesday is for our best customers. This is your chance to grab some HUGE savings on music gear! Just mention code "CALL15" to your sales representative when you call. Now is the right time to get your dream guitar, keyboard, bass, drum set, microphone, computer, mixer, or other music equipment. Don't delay; this special
    phone-order only sale is only good for 48 hours!

Call 1-888-590-9700 to save!
    Sale valid from Wednesday, March 12 to
    Thursday, March 13 at 11:59pm PST

Affiliate Manager JusticeforGirls's Avatar
    Ahh. Something I can actually speak about with knowledge!

Okay, here's the deal:

Woodwind & Brasswind and Music 123 both used to be managed here in South Bend, IN, by Woodwind & Brasswind staff. In November of 2006, Woodwind & Brasswind filed for Bankruptcy Chapter 11 protection. Both the WWBW and M123 brands were temporarily closed down on LinkShare.

In Feb of 2007, Musician's Friend, owned by Guitar center, purchased Woodwind & Brasswind and moved the Music 123 management to Medford, OR, where Musician's Friend is located.

Currently, Music 123 is still on LinkShare. There are two affiliate managers, myself and Ryan Maines at Musician's Friend. He manages Music 123 (LS), Musician's Friend (CJ) and Guitar Center (CJ).

The Music 123 program is indeed still active. I can't speak to why your commissions have dropped. Unfortunately both Woodwind & Brasswind and Music 123 affiliates won't recieve payments for the two months (Oct. 2006, Nov. 2006) that were under bankruptcy protection. However, both Ryan and myself are dedicated to the programs now and the merchants are growing at healthy rates.

Please don't hesitate to PM me about either program. If I can't help, I'll forward you along to Ryan at Musician's Friend.

15 years and counting
    One more time!
    "The Music123 affiliate program has decided to part ways with LinkShare. June 8, 2008 will be the last day that the Music123 affiliate program will be run on the LinkShare network."

Affiliate Manager
    Whoa
    Any thoughts on where they'll end up? From Stephanie's post above, it wouldn't surprise me to see them go to CJ...

15 years and counting
    She must know where they are going.
    "The Woodwind & Brasswind Affiliate Program has decided to part ways with LinkShare. June 8, 2008 will be the last day that the Woodwind & Brasswind affiliate program will be run on the LinkShare network. "

Good Morning everyone! To answer your questions, Music 123 will be migrating to CJ to join Musician's Friend and Guitar Center which are there; however, Woodwind & Brasswind is bringing it's program in-house with the help of a very reputable company, to be disclosed as soon as we can make it official. I will continue to manage the program moving forward.

Question
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodwind&Brasswind
    Good Morning everyone! To answer your questions, Music 123 will be migrating to CJ to join Musician's Friend and Guitar Center which are there; however, Woodwind & Brasswind is bringing it's program in-house with the help of a very reputable company, to be disclosed as soon as we can make it official. I will continue to manage the program moving forward.
    OK, you're off LS as of today. Any idea when the program will be available in-house? And will you still be with GoldenCAN?

Hi guys! Thanks for following up. We are going to continue using GoldenCAN when are program goes live again. Thanks!

Because of a change in marketing strategy, Woodwind & Brasswind will not be bringing it's program in-house, as previously stated. I apologize for the misinformation. Below is a copy of the email that was sent to affiliates today:

Thank you for your patience as Woodwind & Brasswind has worked to improve its affiliate program. We are pleased to announce that Woodwind & Brasswind has chosen to partner with Commission Junction. We are working to get the program live as quickly as possible. Please send me your CJ publisher ID if you would like an invitation to the program.

As you know, our last day with LinkShare was June 9. Commissions will be paid for online sales through that date. Any June sales will be paid to LinkShare on July 1 and distributed through LinkShare in the traditional manner.

We will be continuing our relationship with GoldenCan moving forward.

I will follow up with more information as we get closer to our go-live date. Please contact me with any questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodwind&Brasswind
    I will follow up with more information as we get closer to our go-live date. Please contact me with any questions.
    Looks like it went live today in CJ. I got an email asking me to join, but the name in the email has a cj.com email address as the contact and reply to address.
    Someday starts today
    Military Discounts

We are using the CJ Merchant Managed Services. A dedicated team of affiliate managers at CJ will be handling the day-to-day operations of the account, but I will still be directing them and have access to approving pending applications and all other program management tools. Please don't hesitate to PM me if you have questions.

Thanks,

ABW Ambassador
    I am so confused. Woodwind&Brasswind, Music 123, Musician's Friend, Guitar Center... did I miss any.

One going bankrupt, one being bought, going out of LS to CJ... No stop going in-house... oops... actually its going to CJ.

Let me go get a drink. Then may be it will make sense.

Actually yes, you did miss Giardinelli.com. It was a very small affiate program on LS that was closed when WWBW absorbed the brand.

We work so hard to confuse you guys, but it seems you have us figured out!

I hope you got that drink!

Happy Marketing!

22. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread