Datafeed Help.
    I have learned many new techniques here except, datafeeds. I don't have actually any good experience with datafeeds.
    Once used 4inkjets datafeed on one of my site, but it was javascript based.
    I want to list products through datafeed, which should be readable by Search Engine. (HTML) , i.e. The code is plain html. As I have seen it on many sites.
    I have not yet subscribed to CJ's datafeed, but before subscribing I need to know, what kind of feed should I request for?
    I can get free subscription to datafeed, because I have made over $10K in commissions in last 3 months.

Please Help!

I haven't worked with CJ-delivered datafeeds, although I have worked in the past with CJ merchants who provided datafeeds "outside" the CJ system -- and I've worked with many dozens of datafeeds from ShareASale merchants and many independent programs.

If your strategy is to simply download the datafeed and generate web pages that replicate the content from the datafeed, don't waste your time. The resulting "thin affiliate" site will NOT generate significant traffic or sales, unless they will simply serve as "landing pages" for PPC campaigns.

Datafeeds work most effectively when you can integrate a merchant's product data "in context" with other original content.

Since you seem quite inexperienced in working with datafeeds, I suggest you browse and read many of the posts about datafeeds (just search, and you will find thousands of comments).

What Mark says is true, but you still need to experiment to see what works for you - I have things that work great that everyone says are a waste of time, and sometimes when I try something "surefire" it turns out to be a damp squib.

Sign up your feeds now and you'll keep on getting them. You can choose 5 initially and then request changes, or more feeds later - my feeds work for me, so they make the changes, but I hear that getting more or getting changes relies on your getting extra sales from them. My guess is if you can do over $10,000 a month without them, you'll have a good chance of using them successfully!

I get csv files which I then play around with to give me something that usually no-one else has in quite the same way.

Thanks Mark & Paul. I have already conacted cj for feeds. Hopefully get a reply on monday.
    I will not just list products as given by store. It will be useless. I actually want to integerate product links in content pages.
    I searched the datafeed forum. But there is not enough information available for newbies. Can any body please suggest me a link, where I can find the basic information about it. How to get feed running?

I have noticed that this question have been asked many times. But didn't saw the right answer. I know that no one is going to write guide for me. But there should be a better resource about it.
    Thanks

I don't actually do that myself, but know someone who does just what you describe. He imports the feeds into a MySQL database and then writes php code that pulls products according to his criteria for that part of that page. It took him a while to write or alter code that he found on the net, but once done and integrated, you just need to make sure the feeds are imported into your database regularly.

As a starting point, a php/MySQL manual would be the way to go I think.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread