Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    Please give me any feedback on the following TurnKey deals.

I want to start a new site and I know the best affiliate sites are built custom from scratch.
    But I have carpal tunnel really bad and need to limit my mousing and keyboarding. I would rather save my hands for marketing which I am good at instead of site building and cut and pasting links - which I am not.

Any feedback on:
    LinkJump Deluxe, MerchantPartnerPlus, Vstore,
    1ezstop.com, myinstantportal?
    Any other good ones?

Some do a commission split, some you pay a small fee and you get all the commiss direct from CJ and others. Pros or cons on any of these would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Linda
    Ecommerce & Affiliate Manager
    ProSound and Stage Lighting
    www.pssl.com
    Email & Search Engine Marketing
    www.catalystEmarketing.com

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    In my 4+ years of affiliate marketing I never heard of anyone making a dime from the entire group. Boards everywhere complain about no sales or no payments from the merchant aggregators. Some with MLM plans, like SkyMall, were pure ponzi schemes. You'll need to read through the various posts here for several days and figure out what would make your Carpel syndrome pain worth while on a small site basis.

WebMaster Mike

Hi Linda,

I don't have any specific knowledge of the programs you mentioned, but since the Angry Duck says they, uhh, suck [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img], have you considered going with a regular designer from, say, Elance, and just telling them what you want? You'd only have a one-time payment, and likely a small one at that.

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Tried VStore a couple of years ago = nothing in return.

I'm with ecomm on this one, I've heard nothing but gripes about no payments, or no sales. Your efforts are better spent on developing more of your own stuff. Heck, there are still some decent domain names out there - have at it.

Fred

In an effort to watch your cholesterol, you eat Spam Lite.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by buy_online:
    Tried VStore a couple of years ago = nothing in return.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Heh, VStore. I actually created a store with them back in '99. I check the stats for it once or twice a year. It still gets hits each month, although I have no idea from where! I think I've earned a whopping $25 w/ them so far. Still, that's not bad considering you can't get anywhere w/ the SEs (just SE now?) using VStore links. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

My experience with vStores was terrible. Built 9 custom storefronts (8 for clients 1 for me) and placed some of them on high traffic related content sites as their shopping outlet. Three were for NASCAR sites thta got hundreds of thousand of page views. Total reported revenue by vStores admin screens was under payout minimums on 5 of them and the others got stiffed. They closed those category storefronts without notice and locked the Admin login screens and redirected all hard earned traffic to their own affiliate ID coded CyberMall.

I still get e-mails from irrate vStore customers (wondering if I was able to collect) based upon my taking them to task on various BBS forums over a year ago. How far can you trust another affiliate to pay your 50% of his commissions when the whole deal is on the honor system. Those consolidators like jumplink at CJ can never keep up fresh links with all the dead pool merchants. They also got cut off from promoting any new 2 tier affiliate deals after CJ canned that program.

WebMaster Mike

Mike,

That's horrible. I don't think any of my (meager) commissions with them were in the last year or two, which may reflect a change in "approach" on their part. I actually spoke with someone on the phone there when they were getting started and they seemed decent enough. Good intentions gone bad?

Your so right.."Good intentions gone bad?" They were riding the .com bubble and then reality caught up to them. I'm sure they owe MSN more back commissions for those private labeled storefronts than the company is worth.

Wish there was some template Mall this handicapped poster could use that if promoted could get them a nice second income. Most have seemed to spring up under some MLM plan as a get rich quick deal duping newbees into a pipe dream.

WebMaster Mike

ABW Ambassador
    Well, maybe you could get some pre-designed templates and get someone else to help add the content - that would be a more effective way of doing it, I think.

www.templatemonster.com has some good stuff - all pretty cheap ($20-$60).

Search Engine Positioning - 1 Design 4 Life

BY now you'll be getting the picture on vStores.

Me too, been there done that, built lovely sites, sent traffic, made no money.

The only other one I have experience of is MerchantPartnerPlus. They seem like better people - I actually met one of their senior people a year ago and they were very enthusiastic about establishing "real" affilaie relationships.

I have site which is on their "top ten" list (at least was the last time I looked) but it makes nearly nothing so what does that say for the rest.

Worst of all, I don't think they have *ever* sent me an email so I suspect they're not really affiliate-focused.

In your situation I'd consider getting a cheap programmer (elance.com etc) to put together a front end to some of the data feeds that are being released by merchants these days for an instant - but unique to you - store front that would be worth your marketing efforts.

In fact, maybe I should be doing that myself ...

All the best

Stewart Hutton | Are you Crazy?

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread