Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Newbie
    Join Date
    February 14th, 2007
    Posts
    12
    aamzn.com for sale
    typo for amazon domain for sale aamzn.com. currently pointing to another one of my sites.

    taking any reasonable offers.

  2. #2
    Moderator MichaelColey's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Mansfield, TX
    Posts
    16,232
    Anyone considering redirecting this to Amazon.com through their affiliate program, keep in mind that Amazon.com very aggressively protects their trademark. I know other affiliates who have built tools for Amazon.com customers to use and used "amazon" in the domain name who were compelled to change domain names.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

  3. #3
    AM Navigator Geno Prussakov's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 10th, 2005
    Location
    Washington D.C. Metro Area
    Posts
    11,798
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    Anyone considering redirecting this to Amazon.com through their affiliate program, keep in mind that Amazon.com very aggressively protects their trademark. I know other affiliates who have built tools for Amazon.com customers to use and used "amazon" in the domain name who were compelled to change domain names.
    I wonder if you go ahead and purchase aamzng.com (note the added "g" at the end), which is available, and build a website around it, featuring mostly Amazon products at it... I wonder if they'll have problem with it too.

  4. #4
    notary sojac Herb ԿԬ's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Central/Western NY State
    Posts
    7,741
    Exclamation
    Quote Originally Posted by Geno Prussakov
    I wonder if you go ahead and purchase aamzng.com (note the added "g" at the end), which is available, and build a website around it, featuring mostly Amazon products at it... I wonder if they'll have problem with it too.
    Probably not, but they've been known to claim close-sounding domain names where the owner wasn't an amazon.com affiliate, according to posts in their forum.



    {edited}

  5. #5
    Affiliate Manager
    Join Date
    January 17th, 2007
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    191
    If your trying to steal traffic with a misspelled domain i highly doubt many people misspell amazon.com this way.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    January 30th, 2005
    Posts
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by sthbodyjewelry
    If your trying to steal traffic with a misspelled domain i highly doubt many people misspell amazon.com this way.
    According to both WordTracker and Overture - nobody does.
    saintjo: do you get any hits forwarded to your other site from this domain?

  7. #7
    Newbie
    Join Date
    February 14th, 2007
    Posts
    12
    I honestly havent tracked. I just use it to bounce traffic to another one of my affiliate sites. at the moment, i cant seperate which traffic is which.
    the likelyhood of a misspelling like this is probably low. but i figured it is short, easy to remember, and easy to tell friends about when they want to buy something through amazon, but using my reference tags.

  8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •