Online Marketing Consultant
    Grad School Prep Test, good program idea?
    A client I am starting to work with does grad school prep test study guides. They know of affiliate marketing, but are scared of it. The fear was broken and stomped into the ground today, but I sitll don't know if that would make a good product or a good program.

I would reccomend it go on the Share-a-Sale network, if they approve me into their program LOL mostly kidding, because of the low cost fees etc...

Anyways do you think graduate school prep test like study guides for the LSAT, MCAT, GMAT etc... would be good. The competitive advantage is that they offer visual programs and study guides as well as audio and book.

Is it something you see as a product people would push? PPC would be allowed with minimal restriction, the site would go through a giant review to weed out as many leaks and faults as possible pre-launch, etc....

Thanks for any and all input everyone.
    Adam Riemer Marketing, LLC. Online Marketing Blog and Affiliate Management Company
    Do you need help with your Marketing or Sales funneling, write me at adamr (at) adamriemer (dot) me

Is there a lot of margin in it?

Since EDU space is so huge online, I see it as possibly a great cross sell/upsell or opt in opportunity. Plus the cost per consumer is much lower then, and you've got a very highly targeted prospect.
    Joseph Lilly
    PartnerWeekly, LLC 702.407.0707 joe.lilly at partnerweekly.com
    PartnerWeekly

This is of great interest to me as my very first internet foray (1998!!) was to buy 3 GREAT domain names in order to try to sell test-prep booklets for the GRE & GMAT (nicely bound -- before the more sensible download options available today). Long story short, I had signed up for a mid level Yahoo store, never finished writing the booklets, and pulled the plug some months later and (stupidly) didn't hold onto my great domain names -- which are now highly related. Sigh...

Anyway, my story aside, I think a WELL written (& interactive as you imply) prep guide has TONS of potential and I've many times thought about picking up where I left off (since I have 80+% written of the booklets written anyway...although the tests have changed somewhat in the last decade). The best approach if you were to do a downloadable version might be via Clickbank. What I want to stress again, is PLEASE don't try to sell crud (or let your client sell crud) just to make a buck -- people's lives, educational options, & career paths are at stake. Last but not least, this is an area where helpful content on a site is pretty easy and may naturally compliment affiliate links (such as Kaplan on Linkshare)...

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Adam, I think there would be a market for this online. I think there's a market for everything online, actually.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Online Marketing Consultant
    Thank you guys for the feedback. =0) Why clickbank in particular?
    Adam Riemer Marketing, LLC. Online Marketing Blog and Affiliate Management Company
    Do you need help with your Marketing or Sales funneling, write me at adamr (at) adamriemer (dot) me

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread