ABW Ambassador
    Golfsmith And Not Paying On Ping Products

"As the new golf season comes upon us, wed like to remind all of you that our retail agreements with PING Golf prohibit marketing and/or selling any PING products through affiliates.

Accordingly, Golfsmith.com prohibits any of its affiliates and online trading partners from offering PING products to its customers, or presenting PING products in any way from images on the Golfsmith.com web site. All images, interactive components, prices, written descriptions of PING branded products, including reproductions of these elements, in whole or in part, on the Golfsmith.com web site may not be used. This includes reproductions of these elements, in whole or in part.

Finally, in conjunction with the information above, Golfsmith does not and will not pay commissions to affiliates on sales of PING products. Affiliates who violate our program terms will be removed."

That's a pretty major golf brand and we have Spring around the corner. I'm wondering if the other Golf merchants have such agreements or just this one.

Internet Cowboy
    I think it is a Ping thing. They are apparently tired of their logo popping up in every BHO slimeware application and they understand that this ruins their brand. Since all the trickery that hurts a manufacturer's brand is associated with the affiliate channel, they just ban the entire channel. We can thank the golf merchants like GolfSmith who participate in such silliness for that.

ABW Ambassador
    "I think it is a Ping thing."

That would suck. Just to make sure, I'm going to email a few other golf merchants about Ping and if there are any other brands that I might not know about that we don't get paid commissions on. Was just revamping a golf section so these would be good things to know.

Maybe try austads or edwinwatts. Don't do much w/golf myself.

Affiliate/AM Moonlighter dflsports's Avatar
    I bet this is a blanket policy by Ping. I know some hockey equipment manufacturers will not even let any merchant post a price for certain items, usually the high end composite sticks. You have to call the merchant to get the current price.

I bet they pay close attention to this issue as no golf retailer wants to lose Ping. Ping is a very high end club maker and costs more than most other clubs.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread