This is an interesting discussion. I would like to submit the letter that I am currently sending to my target affiliates. I think that this letter covers the following bases
    -a personalized message
    -clear program details
    -contact information
    -instead of invite I changed messaging to honored (since what I have read here and in other sources) Good Affiliate websites get hundreds of emails a day to recruit them.
    -I even ask what the Affiliate would like to join our program.

I have been disappointed in the response to this email. I have not started following up by phone. Tell me that will make the difference???

(Contact Name)

I’ve just reviewed your site sitename.com, and would be honored to have you join our affiliate marketing program. Given the ranking and popularity of your site, you are probably overwhelmed with invitations to join programs. What would be an attractive affiliate marketing program for you? How could I tailor our program (as referenced below) to entice you join forces with our company? Any suggestions or comments are welcome.

If you do not have time to provide feedback at this time please feel free to signup below.

Why join Nannies4hire.com Affiliate program?

Nannies4hire.com is a successful Nation-wide online nanny and family database that offers a state-of-the-art database for families and nannies. Nannies4hire has been affiliated with the nanny industry since 1987 and are proud members of the International Nanny Association (INA). Choosing a nanny for your children is a big decision which will often involve asking questions and seeking guidance. Nannies4hire has several nanny industry professionals to answer questions by telephone at 402-379-4121

What’s in it for you?

Generous commissions with a minimum of effort on your part:
    • 10% commission on sale of Premier Subscription $299 BEST BUY
    • 10% commission on sale of Platinum Subscription $169
    • 10% commission on sale of Gold Subscription $129
    We provide our affiliates with the tools and support needed to be a successful. When you join the Nannies4hire.com affiliate program, you will be supplied with a range of banners and textual links that you place within your site.

Nannies4hire.com uses MyAp as our affiliate solution provider. As an affiliate you automatically become a member MyAp’s Kolimbo network where you have access to tracking your performance and commission activity. Our affiliates are paid by check each month.

If you have any additional questions about our program feel free to contact us at mail@ nannies4hire.com. An affiliate manager will respond promptly

Sincerely,

Winnie Henchey
    Affiliate Marketing Manager
    Nannies4hire.com
    Nannies4hire@ comcast.net
    Last edited by Haiko de Poel, Jr.; February 20th, 2007 at 11:01 AM. Reason: You could have broken the links yourself!

Online Marketing Consultant
    I’ve just reviewed your site sitename.com

Try something more personal instead of sounding like your evaluating it or soudning overbaring like it needs your approval. Remember, you are asking them to join not the other way around.
    and would be honored to have you join our affiliate marketing program. Given the ranking and popularity of your site, you are probably overwhelmed with invitations to join programs.
    This seems good.

What would be an attractive affiliate marketing program for you?
    I wouldn't ask what would be an attractive program, say why yours shoudl be attractive and relevant to the affiliates content.

How could I tailor our program (as referenced below) to entice you join forces with our company? Any suggestions or comments are welcome.
    Entice sounds kind of devious or underhanded.

If you do not have time to provide feedback at this time please feel free to signup below.
    You might want to say to feel free to contact you if he/she has any questions instead of giving a demand or command, and then say or if you feel we may be a good fit, please feel free to use the link to sign up below.

Why join Nannies4hire.com Affiliate program?
    this seems like the title of a new e-mail.

Nannies4hire.com is a successful Nation-wide online nanny and family database that offers a state-of-the-art database for families and nannies. Nannies4hire has been affiliated with the nanny industry since 1987 and are proud members of the International Nanny Association (INA). Choosing a nanny for your children is a big decision which will often involve asking questions and seeking guidance. Nannies4hire has several nanny industry professionals to answer questions by telephone at 402-379-4121
    This is pretty good and gives a great background and ads the communications touch to the affiliate's traffic which also ads value to the affiliate because he/she begins feeling that the traffic will be taken care of when he/she refers them.

You could also break it up into two seperate paragraphs.

What’s in it for you?

Generous commissions with a minimum of effort on your part:
    • 10% commission on sale of Premier Subscription $299 BEST BUY
    • 10% commission on sale of Platinum Subscription $169
    • 10% commission on sale of Gold Subscription $129

We provide our affiliates with the tools and support needed to be a successful. When you join the Nannies4hire.com affiliate program, you will be supplied with a range of banners and textual links that you place within your site.

Nannies4hire.com uses MyAp as our affiliate solution provider. As an affiliate you automatically become a member MyAp’s Kolimbo network where you have access to tracking your performance and commission activity. Our affiliates are paid by check each month.
    This is good but you might want to think of how to get the last sentence to fit in and flow better with the paragraph.

If you have any additional questions about our program feel free to contact us at mail@ nannies4hire.com. An affiliate manager will respond promptly

Sincerely,

Winnie Henchey
    Affiliate Marketing Manager
    Nannies4hire.com
    Check your punctuation but a great solid ending. Also you might want to make it personal and say contact me with any questions, etc... unless there are multiple affiliate managers. Either way, if you are recruiting this person, it would be best to have them write you since you would be the one they know and the one who should remember their site and more details about why you are recruiting them.

Hope this helps!
    Last edited by Haiko de Poel, Jr.; February 20th, 2007 at 11:02 AM. Reason: Removed quoted hotlinks
    Adam Riemer Marketing, LLC. Online Marketing Blog and Affiliate Management Company
    Do you need help with your Marketing or Sales funneling, write me at adamr (at) adamriemer (dot) me

If you think my site will be a good fit - prove it. Show me that you know I already operate in that area, show me that you have actually been to my site.

If I don't operate in your area, tell me why it might be worth my while considering it - EPC and average sales stats do NOT prove jacks*** in proving these things.

Send me lavish gifts of large sums of money (no harm in asking).

There was an excellent post on this not too long ago I think. I'll have to look for that, I thought I had it bookmarked, but it's not there. Michael Coley wrote it I think?
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!
    ================================================================

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Winnie

First Impression, and just my opinion...

since you have a "targeted audience", it sounds like you've seen their sites and think they will make money for you and them

If your base commission is 10%, and these aff's have been targeted, tell them "everyone else gets 10%, but because I see the potential in you, you'll start at 11%"

I wanted to thank several of you for reviewing my recruitment email and providing me with some really good feedback. I look forward to implementing these changes and see what happens. Thanks again....for your time..

Winnie07's posts split into this thread
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    AmazingBargain's leading with a quick note that the program was just turned down by Mike & Charlie should be an indicator ... it's a surefire recuitment winner!

Having never sent out an affiliate recruitment e-mail as an AM, since 1998, I'd be hard pressed to offer meaningful action triggers. I'd probably settle on some simple call to action like .. How would you be able to trash our program's conversion ratio ... if you don't put up a bunch of links? Click here to maybe make a bunch of money.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread