How to create SID in CJ ?
    Hello !

I am new in comission junction , I want to create the SID in CJ , can anybody explain me how to create the SID of any product and how it functions. I have searched a lot but failed to create it. when I click on the Gethtml buttond the code appears and the SID is empty, what should I place overe there , should I place or the advertiser will provide and any number., thanx.

Regards
    saqib

You searched? There are tons of posts about it.

Basically just add "&SID=whatever" or "?SID=whatever" to your link. (Use & if you already have ? in the URL.)
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

thanx Michael

If i place like any number e,g 2300 , so will it remain the same for all the products of the same advertiser or I have chage it manually one by one for the each product ? I am giving you an example plz check if there is some thing wrog or it is fine.

click-2313395-10368578"

I have placed 2300 in the SID column and update the link and the link appears

click-2313395-10368578?sid=2300"

Please check is this fine or not. if yes now how can I track the sid code, I mean how to view how is it working

thanx

The SID data appears in the reports when you make a sale. In my case, I use it to determine which page at my site the sale was generated from. For instance, if I have a page for Red Widgets and a page for Blue Widgets, and I sell something from the Blue widget page, then the SID column of the sale will say BlueWidget.

If you are adding SID=2300 to all of your ShoeBuy.com links, then it really isn't providing you any additional data because you'll know that you made a sale at ShoeBuy.com any way.

Use SID to help you determine which links are generating sales. For example, if you are posting individual product links for ShoeBuy.com, then change the description in the SID for each product you post so when you make a sale, you will know which product link generated the sale.

If you are only using banner links, then you might use SID to identify which page from you site the sale came from, like sid=brownshoepage or sid=blueshoepage.

Thanx very much Tracy for your great help. Yuo can observe from my wording that how new am I in the CJ. What I get is that for each product of the same advertiser I place different sids, like if shoe buy have 30 products I place 2300, 2301 2302 upto 2330. like this each product will have different SID. Am I right ? or I can even place their names too, like reabok, adidas etc.
    thanx

You are right. Personally, I prefer just to use words because when I see it in the reports, I know exactly how the sale was generated. But, if you know the products by number, then yes, you could do sid=adidas2300 or sid=adidas2301. The idea is to help you identify which links are working at your site.

Thanx tracy very much . I was searching the answer how to create but never got the right answer, now I have completely got the idea and my vision is clear. Thnx for your great honour.

I've just started utilizing sid, afftrack, mid and u1 and found a nice way to deal with them. When a user clicks on any link it can go through a redirect that saves the time, IP, and link details to your db. Then create a click_id which references this information in the table. Append it to the network URL and see it turn up in the reports. You can cross reference the sid in the network reports with your own click_id to find out exactly when and where the user clicked from. And if you maintain your server logs you can search for the IP address at that date and time. Maybe find out where they came from and what search they used to enter the site.

Lots of different ways to go with this.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Quote Originally Posted by Snib
    I've just started utilizing sid, afftrack, mid and u1 and found a nice way to deal with them. When a user clicks on any link it can go through a redirect that saves the time, IP, and link details to your db. Then create a click_id which references this information in the table. Append it to the network URL and see it turn up in the reports. You can cross reference the sid in the network reports with your own click_id to find out exactly when and where the user clicked from. And if you maintain your server logs you can search for the IP address at that date and time. Maybe find out where they came from and what search they used to enter the site.

Lots of different ways to go with this.

- Scott
    And there you go giving out all the secrets again... Yeah, this is exactly what I do, it is very useful.

Quote Originally Posted by isellstuff
    And there you go giving out all the secrets again... Yeah, this is exactly what I do, it is very useful.
    Oh I'm keeping the juicy bits for myself

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

You need to use programming in order to create dynamic subid

If you know PHP you can define "global user" and give it the ability to point on all the names you'd like to run in your subid link

You have to use programming if you want your subid feature to be flexible

Goodluck

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread