Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Looking for publishers
    Our company recently joined the CJ network and is looking for publishers to help promote our service through our CJ program. Our compnay is a service that helps actors and models find auditions and castings in their areas of the US. We are based out of Hollywood Los Angeles and we are currently doing fairly well with a few Search publishers but would like to bring more publishers in that can really push sales. We offer very good commission rates, continually update creative, send out regular newsletters, and we always respond to questions and concerns promptly. Most of our users are young adult females but we also have a fair amount of moms looking for commercial and print work for their children and male actors and models as well. Any publishers that are interested in promoting our program please send me any questions you may have.

Thanks

[domain removed]

Quote Originally Posted by ET_Hollywood
    Our company recently joined the CJ network and is looking for publishers to help promote our service through our CJ program. Our compnay is a service that helps actors and models find auditions and castings in their areas of the US. We are based out of Hollywood Los Angeles and we are currently doing fairly well with a few Search publishers but would like to bring more publishers in that can really push sales. We offer very good commission rates, continually update creative, send out regular newsletters, and we always respond to questions and concerns promptly. Most of our users are young adult females but we also have a fair amount of moms looking for commercial and print work for their children and male actors and models as well. Any publishers that are interested in promoting our program please send me any questions you may have.

Thanks

[domain removed]
    :\

You did a chargeback on all my leads (=$80.00 est) claiming they were all with bad information... I do agree some leads were bad, but it doesn't give you the right to take off all the leads, especially when a lot of them included good info

Sorry I'm mentioning it here, I just don't like what you did, feel like I have to mention it here

Arie

We apologize that we were forced to reverse your commissions but we found it extremely odd that the vast majority of your leads were under 3 feet tall and African. If we feel that we are getting quality traffic we are always more than happy to pay out on leads but almost all of the leads we received from you were extremely suspicious.

If you have an issue you would like to address we are always open to discussion but please send us a direct email. Thanks

Midgets lol.

the vast majority of your leads were under 3 feet tall and African
    OMFG, you can't make this stuff up!
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

We apologize that we were forced to reverse your commissions but we found it extremely odd that the vast majority of your leads were under 3 feet tall and African. If we feel that we are getting quality traffic we are always more than happy to pay out on leads but almost all of the leads we received from you were extremely suspicious.

If you have an issue you would like to address we are always open to discussion but please send us a direct email. Thanks
    I did send an email and requested a detailed report, you did send it back to me, and I told you there are many good members in the report, but no reply was given :\

I'm not upset, nor pissed, just expressing what I'm feeling

I'm in CJ running a lot of other merchants, I remember I did ask you if it's okay to run your program to International members. you told me it's okay

I admit some leads might have been with "bad info" (e.g. weird names), but most of the leads as I saw the report were good.

I don't have a problem to target an offer like you're having to US only (and personally I would do so, it seems like what you do doesn't fit to all members, especially if Africa is hmm nevermind)

Anyways, I'm done, just saying what I have to say, I really don't care what's going on from here and on, wish you goodluck with yout program, and take my advice, do it for US only

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    We apologize that we were forced to reverse your commissions but we found it extremely odd that the vast majority of your leads were under 3 feet tall and African.
    LOL LOL

There has to be more to this story! PLEASE post more.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    I am curious as to what program ET_Hollywood is running. Pls do not post domain as it will get removed.

If you are collecting people's height and able to identify if he or she is 3ft tall and of a certain origin, I would think:
    -health program
    -insurance
    -dating

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    They're talent scouts, Eric.

Gotta be a big market for 3 foot Africans.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Basically aspiring actors and models sign up for free with our service, filling out a lead form which asks for height, hair, ethnicity etc... This information is very important because many projects will require talent with a specific look. We provide the talent with casting calls and auditions that will fit their descriptions and in their area. Once a visitor decides to become a paying member they get full access to a wide array of tools that will make it easier and more convenient to submit themselves to castings.

But I would also like to make it clear that our service has nothing against little people or Africans. I myself am African American. There may very well be a village full of African pygmies who want to be movie stars and they are more than welcome to use our service. If Fff Ahmed, Cu Can, Aaaa Ali, and Hfhgff Asdasdas(actual names submitted) are truly interested in furthering their acting careers we would love to have them use our service.

?

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    That's soooooooooo funny.

My most poplar names are dfdfdfdf or sdsdsd

It appears they're the easiest to reach on the keyboard when people sign up for my newsletter

But I would also like to make it clear that our service has nothing against little people or Africans. I myself am African American. There may very well be a village full of African pygmies who want to be movie stars and they are more than welcome to use our service. If Fff Ahmed, Cu Can, Aaaa Ali, and Hfhgff Asdasdas(actual names submitted) are truly interested in furthering their acting careers we would love to have them use our service.
    Here's a tip

You want quality? Don't approve incentives websites, and limit your offer to US only

This way such troubles never happen

Quote Originally Posted by arie1985
    Here's a tip

You want quality? Don't approve incentives websites, and limit your offer to US only

This way such troubles never happen
    You are blaming THEM for your bad traffic? That is classic.

very ugly thing, puh!

I doubt its bad traffic and he got a bunch of his friends to sign up or had some sort of bot sign up.

Anyway I know a guy named jkl; and is 3 feet tall.

Hey ET....if you're doing real time lead gen it would probably be worth your time (and your affiliates' peace of mind) to do a real time data validation. This is a real-time ping against a database that essentially tells you if the person in question is who they say they are. You can email me for more information.

It has allowed us to run lead gen offers with virtually 0 chargebacks (except cases of overt fraud, which we'd charge back either way.)
    Joseph Lilly
    PartnerWeekly, LLC 702.407.0707 joe.lilly at partnerweekly.com
    PartnerWeekly

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Lilly
    Hey ET....if you're doing real time lead gen it would probably be worth your time (and your affiliates' peace of mind) to do a real time data validation. This is a real-time ping against a database that essentially tells you if the person in question is who they say they are. You can email me for more information.

It has allowed us to run lead gen offers with virtually 0 chargebacks (except cases of overt fraud, which we'd charge back either way.)
    Any how does this database "prove" that it's a real person or who they say they are?

The service doesn't "prove" anything. It identifies potential risks associated with a consumer and validates consumer information.

To answer your question though, it depends upon how much data the advertiser is collecting, how risk tolerant they are, and how much expense they can afford (ie how much a valid lead is worth vs the cost to validate that lead).

At the lowest level, we perform a real time "directory assistance" type lookup to determine an association between name, address, and phone number, and also do delivery point verification to ensure that the address is deliverable (not a vacant lot, etc.)

At the highest level, it compares consumer SSN against a credit header file to determine if SSN is associated with the consumer. We can also check the SSN for OFAC compliance (this is a check required under the Patriot Act) and do a host of other things that are really only relevant for financial applications.

Or, we can take the consumer through "knowledge based answers." If you've ever applied for an AmEx card you've been through this: Who do you pay for your auto loan? Then you have to pick the correct of 4 answers.
    Joseph Lilly
    PartnerWeekly, LLC 702.407.0707 joe.lilly at partnerweekly.com
    PartnerWeekly

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexanne
    They're talent scouts, Eric.

Gotta be a big market for 3 foot Africans.
    I think i must be blind or blur. How did i miss that?
    Thanks Rexanne.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Lilly
    The service doesn't "prove" anything. It identifies potential risks associated with a consumer and validates consumer information.

To answer your question though, it depends upon how much data the advertiser is collecting, how risk tolerant they are, and how much expense they can afford (ie how much a valid lead is worth vs the cost to validate that lead).

At the lowest level, we perform a real time "directory assistance" type lookup to determine an association between name, address, and phone number, and also do delivery point verification to ensure that the address is deliverable (not a vacant lot, etc.)

At the highest level, it compares consumer SSN against a credit header file to determine if SSN is associated with the consumer. We can also check the SSN for OFAC compliance (this is a check required under the Patriot Act) and do a host of other things that are really only relevant for financial applications.

Or, we can take the consumer through "knowledge based answers." If you've ever applied for an AmEx card you've been through this: Who do you pay for your auto loan? Then you have to pick the correct of 4 answers.
    I was just thinking that directory based verification can be so inaccurate and lead to losing leads as many have unlisted numbers, new numbers, and non-updated numbers.

Address verification (whether it's a real address or not) much like many postal services use makes sense if you collect that data.

As for SSN I never promote a merchant that requires a SSN. There are too many questionable tactics by merchants and the risk is too much for me to want to promote such a merchant unless that merchant is a well-known bank or financial institution.

Makes sense to me, Joe. I was just asking what types of verification you were talking about. Thanks for the answers.

Angry
    Quote Originally Posted by nakedgamer
    You are blaming THEM for your bad traffic? That is classic.
    I posted a long thing here but decided to erase it.... I'm just leaving this part:

transaction ID 57*****06 - REVERSED - NG, this is a girl from Norway, she's actually a member in one of the money-discussion forums, she looks pretty nice (yes i know this member, believe it or not), i hardly believe it was necessary to reverse her lead - she is definitely not an african that's i can say, right nakedgamer? actually she's damn fit to be a talent, oh... but that's too bad

I wanted to explain my traffic isn't as bad as you think and they did reverse everything - while they should have reversed only the ""bad ones"", not everything

And it pissed me while you call me blamer, but I dont wanna talk about it, that's why I deleted everything I wrote here before

Just to mention, I ran a US Only offer on January, after review, the advertiser chargedback 7 fraudulent leads out of 187 (4%)

So dont call my traffic bad please

I'm working very hard on what I do, and it pissed me to see your reply, but I deleted all what I wrote, trying to be cool because your annoying replies make me mad, they really cause you to be upset

By the way, NG, even if the advertiser let me do INTL - why charging back the lady from Norway? what did she do wrong? Is she African?!

I think it's you the one who's classic here, NG, you speak of what you don't know, but hey... it's so easy to reply and kick the pub's ass, coz' the advertiser is always right, right?
    Last edited by arie1985; February 23rd, 2007 at 05:08 AM.

Damnit. My ideal girlfriend would be 3 feet tall. I'm bothered by this.

Now if you start discriminating against 3 feet tall girls with flat heads...I'll be back.

Shawn Kerr (.com) | Disney World | SEC Football

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast