Message received today. ---------

WERKEN BIJ DE LOTTO,
    41132, NL-1007 DB AMSTERDAM,
    THE NETHERLANDS.

INTERNATIONAL PROMOTIONS/PRIZE AWARD DEPARTMENT,
    REF: WBL/67-B773524441

ATTN:

AWARD NOTIFICATION; FINAL NOTICE

We are pleased to inform you of the announcement today, 17 th SEPT. 2002, of winners of the WERKEN BIJ DE LOTTO/ INTERNATIONAL PROGRAMS held on 19TH MAY 2002.

You / your company, attached to ticket number 013-2316-2002-477, with serial number A025-09 drew the lucky numbers 37-13-34-85-56-42, and consequently won in category C.

You have therefore been approved for a lump sum pay out of US$1,500,000.00 in cash credited to file REF NO. REF: WBL/67-B773524441. This is from total prize money of US$22,500,000.00 shared among the fifteen international winners in the category C. All participants were selected through a computer ballot system drawn from 30,000 names from Australia, New Zealand, America, Asia, Europe and North America as part our
    International Promotions Program, which is conducted annually.

CONGRATULATIONS!

Your fund is now deposited with a Finance and Security House and insured in your name. Due to the mix up of some numbers and names, we ask that you keep this award strictly from public notice until your claim has been processed and your money remitted to your account. This is part of our security protocol to avoid double claiming or unscrupulous acts by participants of this program.

We hope with a part of you prize, you will participate in our end of year high stakes US$1.3 billion International lotto.

To begin your claim, please contact your claims officer immediately:

JANSEN DAVIS
    FOREIGN SERVICE MANAGER,
    EUROLITE BV,
    TEL: 31 205241510
    FAX: 31 205241590
    EMAIL:eurolitebv2@theoffice.net

For due processing and remittance of your prize money to a designated account of your choice. Remember, you must contact your claims officer not later than SEPTEMBER 25 th, 2002. After this date, all funds will be returned as unclaimed. All correspondences to Mr. Jansen Davis,either by fax or email, should have this email sent along with it and also, your email address to which this email is sent, should be clearly and boldly written in your response.

NOTE: In order to avoid unnecessary delays and complications, please remember to quote your reference number in every one of your correspondences with your officer. Furthermore, should there be any change of your address, do inform your claims officer as soon as possible.

Congratulations again from all our staff and thank you for being part of our promotions program.

Sincerely,

THE DIRECTOR PROMOTIONS,
    WERKEN BIJ DE LOTTO.
    www.werken-bij-delotto.net

N.B. Any breach of confidentiality on the part of the winners will result to disqualification. Please do not reply this mail.

-----

Not bad as I didn't enter anything, but happy to share the winnings with everyone on this board, just all send me $50 first though. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

'I am not young enough to know everything.'
    - Oscar Wilde

ABW Ambassador
    Wow its your luck day too, eh? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] I just sent my bank account info to a guy in Togo.. I should have my millions soon too...

My lucky day today, too. I was listening to the radio and it was "Guess this animal". Five arms and if it looses one it can grow one back.

Yep, a starfish. Hey, get to take my kids to the zoo for free this weekend.

Sounds like your contest might be "ZOO" related too. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Ron
    7 Days A Week Marketing

"Keep your hands out of my cookie jar!"

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    New spin to an old scam. I miss these since I just hit the delete button. What's so hard to believe is that people actually fall for these....

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
    ....your email address to which this email is sent, should be clearly and boldly written in your response...
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sweet. Very sweet way to get verified emails of gullible people.

Do not condone the message but I must appreciate the slick way it is written.

DOc

"I spent most of my money on
    Gambling, Whiskey and Women.
    The rest I just wasted."

Dr-Fix-It!

They already have my email address so I don't think that's the scam - what they want is probably a registrants fee so they can check the validity of my prize. Of course it will only be something small, say $20 - anyone with an old Hotmail address want to try it?

'I am not young enough to know everything.'
    - Oscar Wilde

ABW Ambassador
    GaryS
    I believe it. Wanna be my friend?

Andy Williams

Keyword DARTs - New search engine optimization software
    http://www.affiliate-masters.co.uk/k...timization.htm

I have to wonder about their math skills. They claim that you are one of 15 winners sharing a prize of $22.5 million from category C. Then they say that the computer program selected from 30,000 names of people from various countries. Now let's just pretend that this were a real lotto that had the intention of making money (I'm pretty sure that's the intention of most lottos). Each participant would have to pay $1,000 per entry just to raise $30 million (which would leave $7.5 million left after paying out category C prize winners). Now I'm assuming there would be other categories that would pay out more money from that $7.5 million that's remaining.

So they had to make at least $1,000 from each participant in order to make money. I realize there are many other things in the message that might give it away as a fraud, but this detail should have been fixed. These con-artists are getting more and more careless. Remember how well-written some versions of that Nigeria letter were? For a few moments I bet some of you actually thought you had received a letter from some aristocratic diamond hunter (or so I recall). Now they can't even get a common Dutch lotto scam letter right. What's happening to this world? Are the kids still going to school? I fear the day when con-artists give up their sophisticated email scams and move back out onto the streets, where they will dress up like bums and beg for money the old fashioned way.

They have an email address. But they don't know it is valid until you run with the bait.

Doc

The rest I just wasted."

Dr-Fix-It!

david11982 ,

I Enjoyed your post. Your statistical analysis is airtight. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Have you ever seen a street version of the "Three Card Monte?". It is amazing. The term "Con Artist" is a truism.

What we see on the internet is mostly only "Con". no artistry.

Doc

The rest I just wasted."

Dr-Fix-It!

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread