Affiliate Manager
    Guns Don't Kill People...
    Drivers With Cell Phones Do!!!

I am so sick of almost getting creamed by people that drive halfway into my lane because they are to busy chit-chatting on their cellphones instead of paying attention to where they are going.

To all cellphone owners:

Hang Up The Phone And Drive!!!

I never use my cellphone when I drive. I'm usually too busy smoking a cigarette and typing on my laptop and reprogramming the GPS while changing DVD's and playing on the playstation drinking a beer while changing clothes to use the phone.

Affiliate Manager
    Ya, I think I drove past you the other day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mack
    I never use my cellphone when I drive. I'm usually too busy smoking a cigarette and typing on my laptop and reprogramming the GPS while changing DVD's and playing on the playstation drinking a beer while changing clothes to use the phone.

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Are you sure you weren't trying to change out from your PJ while holding ur cigarette

This post deserves an award, TOO funny!

Affiliate Network Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by Chet_B
    Drivers With Cell Phones Do!!!

I am so sick of almost getting creamed by people that drive halfway into my lane because they are to busy chit-chatting on their cellphones instead of paying attention to where they are going.

To all cellphone owners:
    Hang Up The Phone And Drive!!!

I think this is really cool! it is better to drive home safely, than wreck your car and your life.

In both cases its's irresponsible people who zone out and think that they are the center of the universe.

Temporarily, of course.
    Danny K. - Network Administrator, Digital River- oneNetworkDirect.com, Email: dkautt@digitalriver.com

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    People who drive like they have something more important on their mind make me nuts.

My all time favorite was an old lady who was driving with a book propped up on her steering wheel *and* singing. I'm not sure why but I had a very strong impression that she was singing hymns.

I rarely see people talking on their cell phones while driving. I think the law in NY prohibits it unless it's a hands-free model. Maybe your state needs some tougher laws, Chet.

(Stay safe out there.)

Affiliate Manager
    I think the law in NY prohibits it unless it's a hands-free model
    I think it's the same thing here too... but it's just not enforced. How can the police enforce it when they are doing it too?

They are all over here in Va. Once, my son counted 100 cars that past and out of 100 42 were talking on phones. That is scary.

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    I found a bumper sticker for ya, Chet!

http://www.cafepress.com/tmendous.68506615

Not sure if this is an urban legend or if it actually happened.

It was reported in California that a man was driving down the freeway at 55mph while reading the newspaper. He was passed by a California Highway Patrol officer. The officer looked at the man; the man looked at the CHP officer, ignored him and continued to read his paper.

California has a special basic speed law. It states that you may never drive faster than conditions permit regardless of the posted speed. If it is posted 55mph maximum, and you drive 55mph in pouring rain and fog, you will get a speeding ticket.

The officer gave the man a ticket for going 55mph OVER the safe speed limit. The officer determined that the maximum safe speed for reading a newspaper in your car was 0mph.

The title of this thread reminds me of this one: "Guns don't kill people, bullets do."

The conditions should determine what you do or don't do in the car. In a busy, urban area, talking on the phone, eating, shaving, applying mascara, switching CDs, reading a book, etc. can be pretty dangerous. On a straight, relatively deserted Interstate in good weather, most of those things are only a minor distraction.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Yep we've got the hands free law, had it for a few years already. In the beginning it was crazy everyone was being stopped and given tickets but now, it's rampant again!

Sure enough every car that does something weird or wrong or swerves has a driver who is holding a cell phone. The insanity has to stop, get a freakin bluetooth already!
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

I wasn't talking on my cell phone because I was too drunk to find it!

Cell phones are bad...but there are worse behaviours on the road.
    Jason Rosenbaum
    Affiliate Manager
    MINDsprinting

I was behind one last week who was smoking, talking on the cell phone and putting on makeup. She was not in control of her car to say the least.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    [QUOTE=Chet_B]I think it's the same thing here too... but it's just not enforced. How can the police enforce it when they are doing it too?[/QUOTE]Same here. Think they've been trying pass law in some cities here too but also see police DWI - Driving While Influenced by their cell

I'm now in search of all 24hr open stores to wait for crazies to be sleeping.

Affiliate Manager
    Strangely I think I drive better with a cell phone to my ear then without.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Exclamation
    Quote Originally Posted by sthbodyjewelry
    Strangely I think I drive better with a cell phone to my ear then without.
    That's the same type of thing drunk drivers say Needless to say, I'm skeptical...

Most of the people who almost bash into me never have a clue that they just had a different kind of call: a CLOSE call!

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    I cannot talk on the phone and drive so I don't. It's a matter of focus. If I'm on the phone, I'm focused on the conversation, not on what's going on around me.

I, too, get riled up by the close calls I've had driving and invariably, it's a moron yapping on a cell phone.

IMO, people cannot drive properly if they're on the phone. On the other hand, some people get way too rightous about it. I was sitting in my car in a parking lot a few years ago when some grouchy old fart screamed at me to "get off the phone while driving!" Uhhhhhhh - I wasn't driving, dipsh*t!. Obviously, this guy was having a bad day but he got an earful back anyway. LOL
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Affiliate Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Leader
    That's the same type of thing drunk drivers say Needless to say, I'm skeptical...

Most of the people who almost bash into me never have a clue that they just had a different kind of call: a CLOSE call!
    Haha, i didnt realize it but it does sound like what drunk drivers say.

Affiliate Manager
    I love that bumper sticker... I would like to stick it on the forehead of the people I see driving and talking. Especially the ones that almost drive into me.

I think it might be worse to be a passenger in the car of a driver with a cell phone permanently glued to their ear. I was on a business trip and my manager was driving the rental car. She was holding a cell phone to her ear with one hand, trying to tune the radio with the other hand, and was driving with her knee. I offered to tune the radio, but she wouldn't let me. All the while, she wasn't paying attention to the directions I was giving her from the map, so there were a few times she cut across multiple lanes after barely checking traffic. Needless to say, I wasn't all that disappointed when she took an earlier flight home and thus, I didn't have to repeat that experience on the drive back to the airport.

I have also nearly been creamed by folks on cell phones, one instance was rather recently. Even my screeching tires, blaring horn, and the fact that I nearly t-boned her when she turned left out of a driveway in front of me didn't alert her to the fact that she nearly caused an accident. She just drove obliviously on her way, chatting on her cell phone... Unfortunately, the same thing happened to my mom recently too. The driver caused $8,000 damage to her car.
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

Geezzz...cigarette smoking is dangerous to your health...lol

25. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread