Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Things your mate, GF, BF, or friend does that drive you crazy
    A couple of days ago, as Ellen and I were driving back from a sightseeing day here in FL, we were talking about our two little grandkids. We kept remembering some of the cute / funny things our little granddaughter has babbled to us and as we'd repeat some of the things, we'd shake our heads, chuckle about how cute she is, and how this is just like seeing our kids grow all over again.

Then, Ellen says: I can't wait to see them again.. followed by a two second pause and then: "I have to find a new team." In a nano second I had a hundred thoughts go through my head about what she was talking about. Did she not like the crop of grandkids we have? Was she thinking of replacing us?

I did a visual second take, looked at her in confusion and said: "what the heck are you talking about?" Turned out she was thinking about the team tennis she plays down here during the winter, and that she wanted to find a more competitive doubles team to play on.... I asked her: "what does that have to do with Sage and Fischer? "Oh, she said; I was just thinking about tennis. LOL

She does that a lot; and then says that she wonders "how" I would not have known what she was talking about!!! I guess if that's the biggest problem we have after almost 36 years, I can live with it. But it brought to mind what others here might share on a light hearted note.

What are some of the things that your mate, GF or BF or good friends do that drives you crazy? I bet we have some good ones here, so let's hear em and enjoy it.

Alan
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    One thing that my husband does that drives me batty, he doesn't even realize he does.

When he is getting ready for work in the morning, running around getting dressed etc. He whispers to himself!

Just loud enough that you can hear him, but not loud enough to make out what he says.

He has no idea he is doing it! *LOL*
    ~Michelle
    "All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."
    "Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

Nobody is perfect and I aknowledge i may do some things that drive other (specially my husband) mad - one of them, is that i sit too many hours in front of this laptop and dont move anywhere.
    Its funny, when i met him i didnt notice too many things, but now that our relationship is (pretty much) on the rocks.....- OMG - where to start, I would spend my day typing.....

Last edited by swedish_girl; February 22nd, 2007 at 07:52 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by ~Michelle
    One thing that my husband does that drives me batty, he doesn't even realize he does.

When he is getting ready for work in the morning, running around getting dressed etc. He whispers to himself!

Just loud enough that you can hear him, but not loud enough to make out what he says.

He has no idea he is doing it! *LOL*
    LOL, I hear ya.. My wife often times thinks out loud but I can't really hear what she's saying. Not wanting her to think I did not listen (just in case she was talking to me) I'll say "excuse me?" and then she'll say "oh, I was just talking out loud to myself!!"
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    The only thing hubby does that makes me nuts is he dithers about trivial things like whether he wants his sandwich on French bread or whole grain bread. I'm standing at the fridge and ask what kind of bread he wants AND HE HAS TO THINK ABOUT IT! How can you not know immediately what kind of bread you want your sandwich on?!? I get so impatient with him!

I'd like to be able to say that I have no annoying habits at all, but I do the exact same thing Ellen does. I segue from one line of thought to another so quickly that I leave him flabbergasted trying to figure out what I'm talking about. I have lots of other oddities but hubby claims he finds them cute, not irritating. He's soooo smooth, doncha think?

My wife talks to her cats like they're people. There's nothing wrong with that on the surface, but if I'm in another room, I always have to yell "What?!?!" because I assume she's talking to me...
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Stephanie yells at me when I stuff cookies.

In my mouth.

While talking.

To her Mom.
    Joseph Lilly
    PartnerWeekly, LLC 702.407.0707 joe.lilly at partnerweekly.com
    PartnerWeekly

Alan....I do that all the time to my boyfriend (switch subjects) and I too think he should know exactly what I am talking about.

Are you sure it's not you guys that have the problem keeping up with us?

Sandee
    Sandra Martin
    sandeebottom at hotmail.com

Network Rep & ABW Ambassador Carolyn - ShareASale's Avatar
    Hm, in all my relationships, I'm usually the one driving the other person crazy. That's probably why I'm still single.

ABW Ambassador
    Matt and I go to the supermarket. We check out. I'm at the door to leave and I realize he's not with me. He is back at the newspaper rack reading the first page of the paper or any of those free flyers. Browsing the thing. He doesn't buy it. And EVENTUALLY leaves.

EVERY TIME! He won't read a paper online. Why I don't Know.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhea
    The only thing hubby does that makes me nuts is he dithers about trivial things like whether he wants his sandwich on French bread or whole grain bread. I'm standing at the fridge and ask what kind of bread he wants AND HE HAS TO THINK ABOUT IT! How can you not know immediately what kind of bread you want your sandwich on?!? I get so impatient with him!
    Rhea,

Make life easy on both of you: Don't offer him a choice, just make it on whatever bread YOU want to make it on. LOL
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

....but I get madder at myself for posting stupid jokes.
    Joseph Lilly
    PartnerWeekly, LLC 702.407.0707 joe.lilly at partnerweekly.com
    PartnerWeekly

Alan -

My husband and I call those "chain of thought" moments. My guess is that she said "can't wait to see them again", then started thinking about when that would be, which made her think about her schedule, which made her think about tennis because it was on her schedule, which made her think about wanting a new team.

To her it all made sense, but to you it was a total non-sequitur.

We have finally started recognizing when that happens and saying "OK, this is a total chain of thought moment, but.....".

Nice to know that everyone else does that too.

Sheri

Quote Originally Posted by Sheri
    Alan - To her it all made sense, but to you it was a total non-sequitur.
    Hey Sheri, wait a minute...... In Kansas you know what a non - sequitur is??

Yep, I think this must happen to a lot of us.. Another one: Ellen doesn't seem to recognize that when I'm in the shower, or sitting on the lanai here in FL with the AC unit running next to me, or standing over a running garbage disposal etc that I can't hear what she is saying in a normal tone.

Or this one, we call "forward talking." She'll be 3 or 4 steps ahead of me walking and say something to me without turning around; then turn and say "well?" I just laugh and then she knows what happened.

Oh Alan - that hurt. I not only know what a non sequitur is, but I know a bit*h slap when I get one.

I'm going to run on down the yellow brick road to my no-place-like home and cry.

Non sequitur (absurdism), comment which is humorously absurd or has no relation to the comment it follows; a statement so foolish, or illogical that can not be responded to (e.g. "Hot enough for you?")

from Wikipedia...

I didn't know what that mean't so I looked it up. Is the meaning different in Kansas?
    Sandra Martin
    sandeebottom at hotmail.com

Truly - it is latin for "it does not follow" - commonly used to mean a statement made that does not follow the train of a conversation.

For me - often - it follows the train of thought in my head, but does not follow maybe what I just said outloud.

Sheri

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Rexie, ya know I've considered doing that but I figure he'd look at the sammich and say to me, "Gee, I would've preferred it on (fill-in-the-blank) bread." Then I'd feel guilty.

But I realize I'm treating him exactly the way I would a child. I would never say to a kid, "What kind of bread do you want?" because that opens a Pandora's Box of manipulation and deceit. I would also never presume to make a kid a sandwich on whatever bread I chose. I would however always offer a child two or three choices and that's exactly what I do with hubby. Damn, when I explain it that way it sounds contemptuous, doesn't it?

Maybe what I should do is let him make his own damn sammich. That'd teach him!

That's what I do lol. I just put the bread on the table and let him make his own.
    Melanie
    President - Affiliate Advocacy 2008 ShareaSale Performance Industry Advocate Award, 2009 Affiliate Summit Pinnacle Award - Affiliate Advocate
    Affiliate Advocacy
    NYAffiliateVoice Seery Writing

The only thing my girlfriend does that drive me crazy is that she won't make me a sandwich.

Rexie, ya know I've considered doing that but I figure he'd look at the sammich and say to me, "Gee, I would've preferred it on (fill-in-the-blank) bread." Then I'd feel guilty.

But I realize I'm treating him exactly the way I would a child. I would never say to a kid, "What kind of bread do you want?" because that opens a Pandora's Box of manipulation and deceit. I would also never presume to make a kid a sandwich on whatever bread I chose. I would however always offer a child two or three choices and that's exactly what I do with hubby. Damn, when I explain it that way it sounds contemptuous, doesn't it?

Idea: While he is out, call him on the cell, say that you are out of bread and ask him to pick up a loaf of whatever type of bread he wants for his sandwiches. Then you don't have to ask!!! (hehehe)

Alan

I'll be nice and not pick on my wife. But my third child!!!! 15 years old. I'll not understand what he is tell me and he proceeds to tell me some long drawn out store and by the time he is done he has changed the topic 2-3 times. At least he is over the "I know everything" mode where the parents are stupid. Ha. That was really painful with our first child, but now I've learned they grow through it.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    For some reason I have been EXTREMELY irked by the fact that my mother referred to 41F, with snow all over the ground and my wipers still frozen into immobility...

As a "BEAUTIFUL day!"

She does this every year on every day that is nowhere *near* qualifying as "beautiful," and it really winds me up!

I think I'll make up a snowball and put it outside on the windowsill. Next time she claims the weather is "beautiful," that snowball had better be completely melted

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 7-days
    I'll be nice and not pick on my wife. But my third child!!!! 15 years old. I'll not understand what he is tell me and he proceeds to tell me some long drawn out store and by the time he is done he has changed the topic 2-3 times. At least he is over the "I know everything" mode where the parents are stupid. Ha. That was really painful with our first child, but now I've learned they grow through it.
    Heh heh heh ... teenage drama. Thought it was only teen girls that had waaaay too much to say.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Gee I tried to think of ONE thing Hubby does that bugs me and I couldn't ..... BECAUSE EVERYTHING he does bugs me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast