- You are still promoting Catalog City and self-righteously defending such behavior

- You are still promoting Gator, eBates, WhenU, UPromise and such alike and self-righteously defending such behavior

- You are talking respectfully of the parasiteware ventures and self-righteously defending that it is not like negotiating with terrorists

- You are not attending to Affiliate Marketing Networking events because you think you can not afford to...

- You are not leading yourself to success...

Add your lines...

- BluesX

---------------
    Affiliate Marketing is built upon honesty. Tracking is not affected.

ABW Ambassador
    >>- You are not attending to Affiliate Marketing Networking events because you think you can not afford to..<<

How about if we're not even attending one because the mere thought of a "networking event" makes us shudder?

-------
    Dawn is nature's way of telling you to go to bed.

>How about if we're not even attending one because the mere thought of a "networking event" makes us shudder?

Fine. Only if you also think you can not afford to.My line presumes willingness (I am not willing to and not going to attend CJU, the reason is not that i can not afford to)

- BluesX

---------------

ABW Ambassador
    I knew what your point was, Blues. It was just a little jokie on my part. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

-------

ABW Ambassador
    Well I think for the newbies You can't expect them to afford to go, or those out of the country to go, and be able to afford to go.

I agree on the other points but the confrences. I am serious about affiliate marketing, yet don't want to sacrifice earned money to go at this point. I have other financial goals at home that over rule over spending them on a conference.

Maybe Next year....

What will an affiliate type conference do for me? Yes I may rub some elbows with others, talk to merchants, but what will I learn that I can't get else where?

------------------------------------------------------------Minds are like parachutes - they only function when open. Thomas Dewar

Affiliate Summit Guy Shawn Collins's Avatar
    BluesX -

What's the story with UPromise? I've seen threads that questioned the returns of being a UPromise member, but have they done something to slight affiliates?

Please let me know, because I promote them, and won't do so if they are doing something questionable.

Thanks,
    Shawn

So, what Affiliate Marketing Network functions are we talking about anyway? I only know of a couple, it would be good if there was a place you could find all this out.

Ron
    7 Days A Week Marketing

"Keep your hands out of my cookie jar!"

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> You Don't Want To Learn Affiliate Marketing If...

- You are still promoting Catalog City and self-righteously defending such behavior

- You are not attending to Affiliate Marketing Networking events because you think you cannot afford to...

- You are not leading yourself to success...

Add your lines...
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OK, since you asked, I will [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

First, it is not self - righteous to say I do OK with Catalog City. I enjoy the check. There is no need to vilify it.

Second, I have no desire to spend any money going to an Affiliate Marketing Event. And even if I was so inclined, I wouldn't. I have been to many professional conferences before and frankly they were WAY over priced for what you got. Big waist of time and money just to stand around with the "good old boys."

All that being said, I would go to an ABW conference if it fit with my schedule because I think THAT would be worth it.

Third - my idea of success and yours may be entirely different - and that's OK. I don't need YOU to define it to me.

Fourth - there is no need to be so durn self - righteous yourself because I choose not to handle myself the way you do.

Vicki [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

she was tired of being poor, and she wasn't into selling door to door.... CSN

Well this is not the NASA Academy and I am not teaching Rocket Science to you. My ideal is to have as many strong independent pro sales partners as possible so the fairness can have its protectors.

Its perfectly OK with me if you are fine with what you are doing and need not be taught anything else. I did not ask but thanks for stating your self righteous opinions.

In one sense I feel the same. I no longer support the current dealings with the Parasiteware. I definately need more political power to have them hide when I talk, otherwise none of us and none of what any of us says means anything to parasites. Nobody really needs to define me how to deal with thieves.

- BluesX

---------------

On a funny note - the last "professional conference" I went to asked for my title and company name. So, I say I am CEO of ---. Which was true, I do own it.

Funny and sad at the same time how they don't even look at your face - first your name tag- to see if you are "worthy enough" to talk to. It would seem a CEO is, even in blue jeans.

The best part was when one guy tells me he will give me a free t-shirt to draw my networking system. I reply make that 2 and you're on. He hands over the shirts - I'm a CEO don't ya know - (scored for the kids!) and I proceed to draw a stick figure of me at my PC, complete with plug in wall. lol, you should have seen the look on his face.

Blues, I respect you and think you have a lot to offer. And I certainly don't think I know it all!!!

I just don't want to be vilified for working with a company you don't like.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    All of those proposed lines of BluesX's would require someone to ALREADY be doing affiliate marketing for them to happen (whether or not they're doing any good at it).

My suggestions are much more basic. You don't want to learn affiliate marketing if:

You think the "stability" of an employer's check is preferable to an aff. marketing check--even if the aff. marketing check is/can be 5x or more what a "real job" would pay!

You see "&lt;a href&gt;" and think it's some kind of new insult!

You've asked "what's HTML" for the 30th time.

You can't understand what's so important about getting the Tracking Code pasted into the page right!!!

You think that what will happen in November, can be accurately predicted based on JULY'S earnings, bwaa haa haa!

If you have no business sense whatsoever!!!

If you cannot understand why people don't buy Christmas stuff--in June!

If you believe lines like "all you have to do is put our link on your site to make money!"

If you are self righteous about the vast amounts of effort you put into things, especially if you like *physical* effort!

If you cannot see that some things about marketing are still NOT different from bricks-and-mortar, even though this is "The Iiiinnterrneettt"!

If you have 20 years or so of bricks-and-mortar experience and cannot adapt to the part of the Net that IS actually different.

If you think it'll be mentally easy to figure out, like a simple factory-type job!

If you mistake Xeroxing for learning!

And I'm sure there's more examples but this is plenty enough for this post.

There is no knowledge that is not power.~~Ralph Waldo Emerson

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> My ideal is to have as many strong independent pro sales partners as possible so the fairness can have its protectors.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Umm? Sales partners? Do you mean affiliates or other affiliates? I only ask since you've been an adamant supporter of changing the verbiage from affiliate to sales partner.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I no longer support the current dealings with the Parasiteware.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you know what is actually happening? I mean it is simple enough to ask ... just a notch above allowing Lauren to post a (C) infringement on your forum.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I definitely need more political power to have them hide when I talk, otherwise none of us and none of what any of us says means anything to parasites.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your a victim also, even more so with your "numbers", but together we have the power and you'll see what happens as a result of it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Nobody really needs to define me how to deal with thieves.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No one is! It is just happening and NOT magically!

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

Haiko,

I don't know what this has to do with Lauren posting "somebody sending me a file from abw" on a not yet public forum site and how it is a copyright infringment and if so what I have to do with that...

Well for the rest of what you asked:

- I mean independent sites/networks of sites that engage in affiliate marketing as opposed to small sites that feed middlemen like Catalog City. You call it Affiliates, I all it Sales Partners, same thing, as long as nobody calls me a Publisher.

- I appreciate your using ABW Power to negotiate with Parasites.I have supported your method so far but no more. I wish you a success.

- BluesX

---------------

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Shawn,

UPromise has a "reminder" programs powered by Top Moxie to remind it's members to go through UPromise links to get their rebate if they land in on a store through some other means (such as an affiliate's link). It's the ebates thing, just a different company. Here's the link to it on their site. If you click on Terms and Condiditions you see it's Top Moxie.

BLFH,

Thanks for pointing that out.. Shawn's post skipped from my eyes.

- BluesX

---------------

BluesX,

If I can see it it is public and a blatant (C) infringement and you have allowed it to stay up.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I have supported your method so far but no more.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL ... ok, nothing has changed ... so I assume your impetus has. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

Affiliate Summit Guy Shawn Collins's Avatar
    Thanks BLFH & BluesX - I was not aware of "remindU"

Has there been much backlash to this?

Shawn

ABW Ambassador
    Obviously everyone has a different opinion on what would make a "serious affiliate". It's in the eye of the beholder.

Just because I do things a certain way or have different beliefs than others, doesn't mean I know more, or know less. Everyone has to try, and learn on their own.

CC is such a pain in the royal butt, I decided on taking other's advice here, and work out some deals with merchants using CC. Isn't working great, but slowly weeding them out. CC has a great site, but due to their lack of fixing stuff, current and other promblems, they just arent' worth the hassell for me. Even though they are a middle man It's nice to be able to link to 6 different stores through them and get a consolidated check through Cj. CC does have advantages.

I personally wouldn't want to promote When U directly that's for sure or Gator, and I cringe when I find a site that does. I instantly think "Newbie site" But I understand that people will do whatever seems to work for them.

It comes down to Making this Business what you want it too.

"build it and they will come".....They must find it first.

"Banner farms" .....It's got pictures, and lets put tons of up....doesn't work well.

and Leader your list was Great, covered it all, You do such good writing. you think things through before writing, I need to learn to do that.(soon I hope)

------------------------------------------------------------Minds are like parachutes - they only function when open. Thomas Dewar

ABW Ambassador
    &gt;&gt;You Don't Want To Learn Affiliate Marketing If...

- You think there is nothing left to learn.

-------

Leader,
    You da Leader!

You don't want to learn affiliate marketing if...

You think it's easy money.

- - - - -
    42. Yup, the answer to life, the universe, and everything.

You Don't Want To Learn Affiliate Marketing or Aint Got A Clue What Is It If:

You think it's the money earned by only sitting on your chair&butt all day long.

(as many of my friends like to call it that way..HEH!)

PAYMENTS VIA CHECKS ARE ARCHAIC

23. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread