Affiliate Manager
    Lowly Newbie
    Hello,
    Just wanted to drop in and see how the world of the Affiliates looks from the point of view of the Affiliates themselves.
    I am currently working to upgrade and streamline the Affiliate Program for a company and am hoping to learn about what Affiliates look for in a company and its affiliate program.

Any and all information is helpful, so expect to see me sloshing around the site as I try to learn what it takes to make and run a succesful and Honest Affiliate program.

Thanks,

Terry

Welcome to ABW!

Sandee
    Sandra Martin
    sandeebottom at hotmail.com

Affiliate Network Rep Kim Salvino's Avatar
    Hello Terry,

Welcome to ABestWeb.

You've come to the right place to learn about best practices.

Here is an awesome thread on what not to do:
    http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread...hant+practices

I look forward to your posts.
    Kim Salvino, Client Services Director, Performance Horizon Group
    Reach me at kim.salvino(at)performancehorizon.com or on (443) 617-4036

Affiliate Manager
    LOL, I just got done reading that whole thread actually. Looks like I need to go ahead and figure out how to set up a Data Feed.
    I pretty much got pulled in off the street and told to, "make this thing work." as they pointed at the MyAP9 program and their "Affiliates" link on the website.
    That was Tuesday, so after two days of Googling every thing "Affiliates" I stumbled across a website that had Affiliate Tips and one was to read the forums.
    So I have a few questions but am guessing they have been answered so many times I may be brained if I utter them this early in the game. So bare with me.

Affiliate Network Rep Kim Salvino's Avatar
    Terry,

Take a deep breath and follow the Golden Rule. Recognize at the beginning that affiliates are an independent sales force. They can not succeed without the right tools. Treat them as you would like to be treated. Go through your program as if you were an affiliate for it and make a list of the things you need to add/change/delete. Keep referring back to that list. Even when you think the program is 'perfect,' ask yourself what else you could offer. Chances are you will always be able to think of something else.

Affiliates are the smartest and most talented marketers out there. Treat them with respect and courtesy and, at every opportunity, thank them for driving sales to your business.

I have to admit, being a new affiliate manager scared me. I was terrified I would say or do the wrong thing and they would fillet me alive. Turns out, all I had to be was myself and an advocate for them within my company.

I wish you the best of luck. Feel free to email me as I see you have it so people can not email you directly. I use MyAP as well and would be glad to help if you need it.

Take care,
    Kim Salvino, Client Services Director, Performance Horizon Group
    Reach me at kim.salvino(at)performancehorizon.com or on (443) 617-4036

Affiliate Manager
    Thanks, I just changed it so I can receive emails.
    I'm actually quite glad I was able to find these forums prior to actually becoming a AM for the simple fact that I have learned right off the bat that the Affiliates are what keep me in a job.
    I just got done reading about some very bad experiences with Kowabunga and am a little worried that people may be put off from our program simply for that fact, but hopefully not.
    I have one goal here, and that is to aquire and keep the happiest Affiliates in the world. I have been pretty lucky in the fact that our company is pulling no punches to get the ball rolling on the affiliate program after paying Google truck loads of money and seeing very little return from them.

as of right now I'm trying to get these clowns to get a good About Us page up instead of just our address, because to me seeing a simple address when I click on a link that says About Us make me think this company isn't the real deal and I wouldn't even begin to sign up with them. So we're working on that as well as a FAQ page and looking into some better text and banner ideas.

I think that with the right direction from real Affiliates, we can create a program that works and doesn't hang up.

Terry

Welcome and this a great place to ask questions and get peoples feedback. Don't be affraid to ask even a simple question, people love to help and give you feedback

Affiliate Manager
    Thanks, I'm looking forward to it and already getting some great help.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread